Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 27, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Taken from pluga_4 and his 2007 rules thread with a few modifications

EDIT: This is not the "official" BigFooty tipping comp that is being run by the admins which is being advertised at the top of every page.

Anyways here are the rules:

*All Tips must be submitted by 10 minutes before bounce down of the first game of the round. If you miss out you get zero for the round (As it is unfair on those who have tipped if you do your Saturday and Sunday tips later on)

*Tips are to be submitted on the threads for the respective rounds.

*No submission of tips = 0 points for the round. No excuses and please no PM's. If you are going away for a substantial period of time, the tipping threads for the entire year is already up. You can tips week in advance if you wish, for that matter the whole season too.

*Anyone wanting to join after Round 1 is more than welcome and will start on "ZERO" points.

*1 point per correct tip
0 points per incorrect tip
1 points per draw (the reason for this is so that anyone who doesn't submit their tips for that round will receive zero).

*Tipping threads will be posted for the whole season so you can tip in advance.

*Tipping ladder will be posted by Tuesday afternoon at the latest. The tipping ladder may be up on a Wednesday when the round finishes on the Monday though.

*THE WILDCARD IS BACK!!! Everyone has one wildcard they can use at any round of the season. The Wildcard will double your score for that round. Wildcards must be nominated with your tips for that round.

*All in all it's pretty straight forward, all you have to do is submit your tips in the relevant thread REGULARLY and ON TIME.

Just a question 'that dood' say if we do our tips in advance, but then say due to injuries/suspensions or other reasons we want to edit our tips accordingly, is it still possible, or is it once you post your tips you have to keep your tips no matter what?

Thanks mate, The 30 Spartans

Just a question 'that dood' say if we do our tips in advance, but then say due to injuries/suspensions or other reasons we want to edit our tips accordingly, is it still possible, or is it once you post your tips you have to keep your tips no matter what?

Thanks mate, The 30 Spartans

Tips may be edited as much as you want up until the first match. If it shows someone has edited after the first match then I might get suspicious but yeah go for your life.

What is the "margin " box for- greatest winning margin of the round or what? Also what is the reason for selecting a margin at all as as far as I knew there wasn't a weekly prize so need to split ties for most winnerws of the round. Please explain.

I think you are talking about a different competition. This comp you tip on the threads listed on this board.

*All Tips must be submitted by 10 minutes before bounce down of the first game of the round. If you miss out you get zero for the round (As it is unfair on those who have tipped if you do your Saturday and Sunday tips later on)

There has been an issue with one tipster posting 2 or 3 hour after lock out and with some confusion between tipping competitions.

I have allowed the remaining 7 tips to stand JUST THIS ONCE.

This is mainly because of the confusion of the two different competitions.

I just want to make it known that I will not allow this again and anyone that uses tonight as an example of favoritism will not be allowed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back