Movie BigFooty Top 100 Movies - Voting Closed, Results coming soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Know that voting has closed but I thought I'd throw my top 10 in anyway. ..

10. Shawshank Redemption
09. Predator
08. Fight Club
07. 13th Warrior
06. Iron Man
05. Bourne Identity
04. Princess Bride
03. Transformers: The Movie
02. Die Hard
01. Matrix

I'm sure I'll probably slap myself for missing one later but it doesn't count, so no harm, no foul. ..

My Sight & Sound 10;

1. Alien (1979)
2. Brief Encounter (1946)
3. The Godfather Part II (1974)
4. Once Upon a Time in the West (1968)
5. Apocalypse Now (1979)
6. Barry Lyndon (1975)
7. Andrei Rublev (1966)
8. Runaway Train (1985)
9. Mirror (1975)
10. Blade Runner (1982)

Not very different, just two inclusions which I hadn't seen 18 months back, one of which didn't even exist.

1. Alien
2. Once Upon a Time in the West
3. Brief Encounter
4. The Godfather Part II
5. Apocalypse Now
6. Barry Lyndon
7. Her (NEW)
8. Andrei Rublev
9. Fanny & Alexander (TV Cut) (NEW)
10. Runaway Train

HM: Mirror, Blade Runner

So just reading back, I'm still happy with my ten and would probably sit pat.

Anybody think they would make any changes to their list ?

If I had the inclination I'd redo this with 20 positions, much like the TV countdown. If there was only some brave soul who would take up the mantle and burden that this countdown placed upon me...

If I had the inclination I'd redo this with 20 positions, much like the TV countdown. If there was only some brave soul who would take up the mantle and burden that this countdown placed upon me...
It was a great off season thread Kyp and I like the idea of an exclusive 10 which really forces you to seriously evaluate just what it is that leaves one above another. For me there were the usual technical assessments along with originality and plot content/development that were measurable indicators, but ultimately it was the intangibles that separated the great from the classic. My selections all came down to how much I was physically and mentally affected on a first viewing. The blown away factor.
Top ten was a perfect number , imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Requiem for a dream
2. Shawshank
3. Hotel Rwanda
4. Train spotting
5. Se7en
6. The Beach (lol)
7. Fight Club
8. Crash
9. Traffic
10. Blood diamond

I haven't seen too many older movies TBH

The Beach is an interesting movie.

I know its bad (even terrible in some parts), but I still can't help but love it and watch it regularly.

I think it is because of the idea of escaping from reality to live in utopia, and as someone in the a similar age bracket to the main character I feel it resonates with me. I imagine we all feel suffocated by our daily responsibilities and lives in general from time to time - this movie is the perfect escape.

The Beach is an interesting movie.

I know its bad (even terrible in some parts), but I still can't help but love it and watch it regularly.

I think it is because of the idea of escaping from reality to live in utopia, and as someone in the a similar age bracket to the main character I feel it resonates with me. I imagine we all feel suffocated by our daily responsibilities and lives in general from time to time - this movie is the perfect escape.

Nailed it. That is exactly why I enjoy that movie.

I actually missed this countdown the first time. Happy to do 20 as there's just a wide ranging sample of movies to choose from and it's actually easier to differentiate the list the more votes overall there are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back