Bigfooty Top 100

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Figured with the recent ESPN list and all the controversy over that we could all make our own lists, debate like crazy and then maybe eventually tally it all up and come up with a BigFooty ranking system.

Obviously 100 players is a lot, and we're not all 50 year NBA fans so it might get a bit draining ranking some of them.
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1328924

This is a pretty good resource for debate and a few different lists. Bill Simmons Book of Basketball likewise. If you don't want to use them that's fine.

Figured with the recent ESPN list and all the controversy over that we could all make our own lists, debate like crazy and then maybe eventually tally it all up and come up with a BigFooty ranking system.

Obviously 100 players is a lot, and we're not all 50 year NBA fans so it might get a bit draining ranking some of them.
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1328924

This is a pretty good resource for debate and a few different lists. Bill Simmons Book of Basketball likewise. If you don't want to use them that's fine.
So how do you propose we work it out? Each poster does their own top 100 list and we weigh the votes? Not sure we would get enough participants. Or are you looking for 4 or 5 guys to get in a room together, an internet room and hash out a top 100?

That list on RealGM by the way is ******* hilarious.

According to them, Dwight Howard has gotten even higher, higher than what ESPN rates him to now be the 43rd greatest player of all time :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Magic Johnson in 8th?? ******* lol.

Isiah Thomas as low as 39th??

Steve Nash better than Isiah, Stockton and Pippen. Lol.

Kevin Garnett at 11?? Hahahahaha.

David Robinson in front of Moses Malone?? :drunk::drunk:

On which planet are Horace Grant, Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace and Elton Brand considered to be among the 100 best players in the history of the game???:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Horace Grant was a handy PF, a glue guy, a team player. Top 100 he was not. Brand was a solid pro. A 20/10 guy but was never really a star who could push him team to greatness. Rasheed Wallace was probably the best of those four but never did it for long enough. B.Wallace literally only played one half of basketball. Defense.

Oh by the way, all four of those guys, PF/C's were higher on the list than Chris Webber. WHAT THE *.

Stop it RealGM. Stop it.

Also this was one dudes top 10.

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Shaquille O'Neal
4. Bill Russell
5. Tim Duncan
6. Kevin Garnett
7. Hakeem Olajuwon
8. LeBron James
9. Wilt Chamberlain
10. Dirk Nowitzki

Get me some of what he is smoking. No Bird or Magic at all in his top 10.

His reasoning for ranking Dirk over Bird and Magic... "Does Dirk really warrant being ranked over them? Bird and Magic...I know they were outstanding and peaked higher, but their prime was really short, while Dirk is still going strong, after he had a long prime already (01-11)"

Apparently a period of 10 years where Magic won 5 NBA championship and Bird won 3 and they each won 3 MVP's wasnt enough to tip them over the edge. 10 years is too short a time of dominance apparently.

Also mentions nothing about Garnett at 6. 6th!! Cor blimey. :drunk:

So how do you propose we do it?
I'll struggle to fill 100 spots, and I'm going to find it it hard to rank players like Hal Greer against someone like Westbrook from today's A'.
But I'm in.

Top 50 from 1980 on?

I think this makes the most sense.

Other than having an opinion on the top few guys, i really can't rate anyone else before 1980 (really 1985)... And even then only started watching properly from about 92/93.
And i reckon something similar applies to most here.

eugh RealGm.

I can't rate anyone pre-2001 from face value. However some old players that were decent before watched that don't get their dues are Mark Price, Kevin Johnson, Terrell Brandon, Detlef Schrempf, Jeff Hornacek, Zo, Dumars, Mullin, Majerle, Porter, Cooper and so on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking even drafted 1995 onwards? Thinking that the other lists have been done to death....

I think thats too short a time period... and the majority of those players are still playing, and many still have much of their careers ahead of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back