Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't be behind Southampton, but with all their shiny new toys people will jump on the Liverpool bandwagon again. In theory they should finish well above us after spending 100m+ last season and then adding even more this season, but Poch hopefully with a more stable side can get us playing even better football than last season. Trippier from all reports was great in the Brentford friendly. Alderweireld will be a huge difference IMO. Just a few more youngsters to join I'd imagine
Good news......... Adebayor loan to Aston Villa is on and we will go after Berahino after Adebayor is off the books

Don't be surprised if one of Shaq Coulthirst or Nathan Oduwa are the Ryan Mason of this season and play a role as our 3rd choice striker once both Ade & Soldado are gone. Both have impressed in friendlies so far

Recently linked with Aubameyang. Although highly unrealistic, would be amazing. Solid replacement for Adebayor :D

Cartilage free captain reporting that Dier played as a DM in our friendly with Brentford. Poch must read BigFooty!
Like I said, I thought it may happen, he played at DM a bit when he was playing for Sporting CP

Having 5 centre backs and none that are completely rubbish, you'll want one to be extremely versatile, Dier is the one that stands out so far having played at CB and RB for us.

Recently linked with Aubameyang. Although highly unrealistic, would be amazing. Solid replacement for Adebayor :D
Almost certainly won't happen, apparently when we tried to sign him last time, before he signed for Dortmund, he really wasn't happy with the way the Spurs side went about their negotiations ans stated that he would never play for the club. I think the player we'll sign to challenge Chadli on the left and deputise for Kane will be Saido Berahino.

For the first game of the season I think we'll line up something like:

Lloris (dependent on his wrist injury)
Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
New CM/Mason - Bentaleb
Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli/Berahino
Kane

I can also see Oduwa making the bench, he's been fantastic in pre-season apparently. The concern will be if we sign a new CM by then and there's also some concern over Lamela; he'll have only had two weeks of pre-season with the team before the first match due to an extended break after the Copa America.

Almost certainly won't happen, apparently when we tried to sign him last time, before he signed for Dortmund, he really wasn't happy with the way the Spurs side went about their negotiations ans stated that he would never play for the club. I think the player we'll sign to challenge Chadli on the left and deputise for Kane will be Saido Berahino.

For the first game of the season I think we'll line up something like:

Lloris (dependent on his wrist injury)
Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
New CM/Mason - Bentaleb
Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli/Berahino
Kane

I can also see Oduwa making the bench, he's been fantastic in pre-season apparently. The concern will be if we sign a new CM by then and there's also some concern over Lamela; he'll have only had two weeks of pre-season with the team before the first match due to an extended break after the Copa America.
Townsend will play over Lamela if he hasn't got the miles in his legs

And Levy sold him for a packet of chips and a can of coke last year :cry: This is what Lamela and Townsend are supposed to do :(

Sherwood and Poch have shown if you can give youth a chance they can develop, just wonder why the Spanish guys struggle with us? I'm sure the Argentines will want to succeed at the club though due to Ossie Ardilles and Ricky Villa's legacy.

And Levy sold him for a packet of chips and a can of coke last year :cry: This is what Lamela and Townsend are supposed to do :(

Sherwood and Poch have shown if you can give youth a chance they can develop, just wonder why the Spanish guys struggle with us? I'm sure the Argentines will want to succeed at the club though due to Ossie Ardilles and Ricky Villa's legacy.

Falque isn't all that tbh. He is exactly what you posted, a youtube highlight reel. Very lazy and not overly quick but is skillful. If you're impressed by that clip you'll be more than happy with what young Pritchard brings to the table this season

Falque isn't all that tbh. He is exactly what you posted, a youtube highlight reel. Very lazy and not overly quick but is skillful. If you're impressed by that clip you'll be more than happy with what young Pritchard brings to the table this season
He might be lazy and not defensively oriented but he can finish and has a left peg that Townsend could only dream about

We only have Chadli who I'd describe as a finisher, though Chadli works hard both ways.

Know all about Pritchard ;) Eriksen better keep performing :D

He might be lazy and not defensively oriented but he can finish and has a left peg that Townsend could only dream about

We only have Chadli who I'd describe as a finisher, though Chadli works hard both ways.

Lets not forget this is the same league Lamela scored 10 and assisted 10 goals in. Much easier to find time and space in Italy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the exact reason why he wouldn't play under Poch though. It's a pretty good move for him but I don't know if he will play a lot.

Anyone else watch the game v MLS All-Stars? From what I saw, Trippier played very well. Alli looked real good in the midfield. Although a loss, I personally was quite happy with the performance

I'd give anything to win at O.T on the opening day.

What a weekend of sport coming up.

Cats V Sydney, Aussies getting obliterated by England, and the Prem kicks off. Love it.

I'd give anything to win at O.T on the opening day.

What a weekend of sport coming up.

Cats V Sydney, Aussies getting obliterated by England, and the Prem kicks off. Love it.
Thinking the same thing. If we get done by the Swans boy I need us to do United

Everyone bar Bentaleb was pretty decent with nobody doing great. Bentaleb in his new #6 top looked like the incumbent in that jersey Chiriches! Dier settled well in midfield. The 3 behind Kane all had their moments. I thought we'd get turned over by a few goal so not too bad

Bentaleb was dreadful - he seems to have a free pass from Poch which needs to end. I have great hopes for Alli. Looks like a real Spurs player in the making for me. The defence looked ok in making good tackles and positioning, but there was dodgy passing coming out of deep positions but that was mainly Bentaleb.

Overall disappointing performance bar the first 15-20 mins. This was a poor performance by United and we missed a chance to get some points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back