Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoda, players get linked to clubs all the time, it doesn't mean they are moving to said linked club though.

Levy doesn't sell to rivals anymore, he has not sold a key player to a Man Utd or Liverpool etc since Berbatov and Keane in 2008, he is not like what Liverpool and Arsenal do, cave in to players demands and let them go to the Manchester clubs etc, he offloads them into Europe instead.

I think Peace is a fool and I hope karma bites him. Bolton ****** up big-time with Gary Cahill in 2011 when he had one year left on his contract, both us and Arsenal were in for him that window and were offering between £14-17m for him but were knocked back, he eventually signed for Chelsea for only £7m with 6 months to go on contract and they replaced him with Tim Ream, a dud from the MLS and they were relegated at season's end on the final day.

I wonder if that money Bolton could've spent in August 2011 on a better defender could've helped them survive if they realised Cahill was at peak value and that he was going to leave anyway.

If Peace keeps knocking these offers back, then Berahino should just leave on a free in 18 months and West Brom get a tribunal fee?

Yoda, players get linked to clubs all the time, it doesn't mean they are moving to said linked club though.

Levy doesn't sell to rivals anymore, he has not sold a key player to a Man Utd or Liverpool etc since Berbatov and Keane in 2008, he is not like what Liverpool and Arsenal do, cave in to players demands and let them go to the Manchester clubs etc, he offloads them into Europe instead.

I think Peace is a fool and I hope karma bites him. Bolton ****** up big-time with Gary Cahill in 2011 when he had one year left on his contract, both us and Arsenal were in for him that window and were offering between £14-17m for him but were knocked back, he eventually signed for Chelsea for only £7m with 6 months to go on contract and they replaced him with Tim Ream, a dud from the MLS and they were relegated at season's end on the final day.

I wonder if that money Bolton could've spent in August 2011 on a better defender could've helped them survive if they realised Cahill was at peak value and that he was going to leave anyway.

If Peace keeps knocking these offers back, then Berahino should just leave on a free in 18 months and West Brom get a tribunal fee?

I understand that. Just wished something would come of all this bull**** they keep sprouting in the media so imbeciles like me dont get sucked into the hype.

Doesn't need to be a long contract or even a permanent deal. A loan for a Martinez or even failcow just to see us through til may.
I know, but they just don't do that anymore

Redknapp liked those types of moves (Gudjohnsen, Pletikosa, Friedel, Adebayor, Saha, Nielsen to name a few), but Pochettino it seems does not

Fair to say we didn't exert ourselves much this season. £12,500,000 positive net spend. If we can maintain our league position or improve it that's not bad.

I have confidence that Son and Chadli could if need be act as back up strikers. Son has 5 games as striker for us this season for 4 goals and 3 assists. I for one am pleased we're not spunking money on players that don't fit or aren't good enough. Just hope Harry stays fit for as long as is possible.

Fair to say we didn't exert ourselves much this season. £12,500,000 positive net spend. If we can maintain our league position or improve it that's not bad.

I have confidence that Son and Chadli could if need be act as back up strikers. Son has 5 games as striker for us this season for 4 goals and 3 assists. I for one am pleased we're not spunking money on players that don't fit or aren't good enough. Just hope Harry stays fit for as long as is possible.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see PMy ch play one of our kids in the first team by seasons end.

Even a debut here and there is good for the future.

It's a gamble, and one that Levy has already lost in 11/12. To do it once is careless, twice is criminal though imo.

On the plus side at least we didn't cave in to some twat of a chairman, and yes perhaps Son and Chadli can fill in.

It's a gamble, and one that Levy has already lost in 11/12. To do it once is careless, twice is criminal though imo.

On the plus side at least we didn't cave in to some twat of a chairman, and yes perhaps Son and Chadli can fill in.
For me you've got to be realistic. Euros at the end of the season. So are starting or fringe strikers for their nation likely to come here and sit on the bench behind Kane? No. What if you find someone better than Kane. Possible but don't think we would have without the lure of CL football.

So you go for youth in Dembele Mk II. Is he likely to be better than Son and Chadli as a striker for the last 15 league games? Probably not. Would need to adjust to Poch's style and fitness regimes. So if they were insistent on a loan back why not wait until the summer and get him for a tribunal fee. We were willing to pay the fee to get a back up for now. Fulham wanted a fee for a player leaving for free in the summer but to get the continued benefit of that player. No thanks.

So who does that leave for players willing to be 2nd fiddle. As long as LVG is at United I think we'll get top 4. If Leicester struggle in their 3 hard games coming right now maybe even higher.

Tonight 1 -4. Seen Norwich a few times this year. Occasionally dangerous forward, but less than average at the back. Think our mids and forwards can slice and dice.

Son and Nacer over decent back up - I am fine with that to be honest.
We would be paying overs for someone to sit on the bench, or land a 19 year old who would be more long-term who would not be better (at this stage) than Nacer of Son anyway.

Its a shame we could not get the Dembele deal done.

Sounds like a nice win this morning. Looking forward to watching highlights tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been enjoying the melts in the Goona thread today. Well worth a look for any yids after a bonus lulzz

Good vid that one

Check out Alli interviewing Dier on Spurs TV. Get a real sense that we actually have a team who really get on well off the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back