Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Kane is a shining light isn't he. How many goals has he scored in all competitions this year?

You're in Englan jd2010, do we have a potential English striker in our midst after yet another goal on the weekend?
With the current England crop he is a bit behind Welbeck, Rooney & Sturridge but if England had a semi-decent manager would be streets ahead of Lambert. Him and Berahino are right in the mix at the moment. Kane probably a bit behind due to less league playing time. He will get England caps in the next 2 years I'd say

There is a rumour doing the rounds over here at the moment that after the Stoke game there was a Kane vs Ade fight. Kane has had enough of the older brigade coasting and not doing all the extra sessions Poch has set out, Kaboul in his powers as captain thought it would be a good idea to bring it up with Poch but thought the Ade group had a bigger pull in the dressing room so sided with him. Poch disagreed and sided with Kane and dropped Kaboul, Ade & Capoue from the squad for Hull, Lennon also believed to one in question but Poch gave him the chance to explain his siding and apparently was being loyal to his friend but had no problems with Kane's viewpoint. Alleged sides Team Ade (Kaboul, Capoue, Adebayor, Lennon) Team Kane (Mason, Dier, Eriksen, Kane, Bentaleb, Townsend) the rest stayed out of it.

No idea of the truth to the rumour but Poch did say Kaboul was out for 'personal reasons'

There is a rumour doing the rounds over here at the moment that after the Stoke game there was a Kane vs Ade fight. Kane has had enough of the older brigade coasting and not doing all the extra sessions Poch has set out, Kaboul in his powers as captain thought it would be a good idea to bring it up with Poch but thought the Ade group had a bigger pull in the dressing room so sided with him. Poch disagreed and sided with Kane and dropped Kaboul, Ade & Capoue from the squad for Hull, Lennon also believed to one in question but Poch gave him the chance to explain his siding and apparently was being loyal to his friend but had no problems with Kane's viewpoint. Alleged sides Team Ade (Kaboul, Capoue, Adebayor, Lennon) Team Kane (Mason, Dier, Eriksen, Kane, Bentaleb, Townsend) the rest stayed out of it.

No idea of the truth to the rumour but Poch did say Kaboul was out for 'personal reasons'
it is only a rumour but for a sec I'll assume it is true.

while disharmony in the dressing room is not ideal it sounds like Kane in particular was fed up with the run of poor results and had singled out poor work ethic as a reason for the slump in form. This imo is something I actually like seeing and says to me that Kane could very well have good leadership qualities, not content to just sit by and let the rot continue, and is happy and brave enough to stand up to more senior squad members. This is quite encouraging.

You look at 'Team Kane' and apart from Eriksen and arguably Mason, these are players who are on the outer and I can see their viewpoint. They're unable to get regular minutes whilst those who can regularly (except Lennon), don't seem to be putting in the hard yards even when the team is faltering.

I like the stance from Poch as well, siding with those who are willing to put in extra and sending a strong message to those who have been singled out.

Ideally you would like these hard truths to be driven by the leaders in the squad like the captain and VC but at least someone is standing up and showing pride for the shirt. Hopefully this is the catalyst that changes our performances.

As always COYS!

The best Spurs have played all season. Gret for Bob to get a goal as well. I was almost more excited that he scored than the fact we went into the lead. All academy midfield of Bentaleb and Mason worked a treat as well. Verts seemed like the Verts of two seasons ago, he was absolutely superb. Was also the best games in a Spurs shirt by Fazio and Davies. All round, a great win.

The best Spurs have played all season. Gret for Bob to get a goal as well. I was almost more excited that he scored than the fact we went into the lead. All academy midfield of Bentaleb and Mason worked a treat as well. Verts seemed like the Verts of two seasons ago, he was absolutely superb. Was also the best games in a Spurs shirt by Fazio and Davies. All round, a great win.
Very good game from Fazio, made life difficult for Lukaku all game.

My Utd mate was at the game (jealous :mad:) and he messaged me that the atmosphere was electric in the ground.

Happy with a point @ Chelsea?

Very good game from Fazio, made life difficult for Lukaku all game.

My Utd mate was at the game (jealous :mad:) and he messaged me that the atmosphere was electric in the ground.

Happy with a point @ Chelsea?
Yeah from what I've read on other forums it seems like it was one of the best atmospheres at the Lane in a while. probably helps that the team played their best game of the season.

Would be very happy with a point at Stamford Bridge although I think it's unlikel. Unfortunately they are a couple of steps ahead of everyone else at the moment. With Chiriches picking up a knock last night I think Hazard will make life very difficult for either Naughton or Dier at RB and he could prove the match winner, too bad Kyle Walker's not fit yet. Diego Costa being suspended helps and Chelseas were very average against Sunderland on the weekend so we're not without a chance but I think it's unlikely.

Fazio clearly deserves time to settle, without doubt a better option than Kaboul, Davies also looks like a natural fit.

Mason and Kane had another great game, though I am not sure what to make of Bentelab, should he start every game?

A point from the Chelsea game would be amazing, not holding my breathe though.

I'd let that central midfield pairing grow considering the overpaid s**t they are keeping out. I'm off to the game on Wednesday night if we could knick a point or even do the unthinkable I am not sure what state I'll be in for work on Thursday!

Was at the Lane on Sunday. Park Lane lower - fantastic. The atmosphere was incredible. Completely different to the last few games I've been too. Don't know why - maybe the later kick off allowed more boozing time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the Lane on Sunday. Park Lane lower - fantastic. The atmosphere was incredible. Completely different to the last few games I've been too. Don't know why - maybe the later kick off allowed more boozing time?
Are you getting to any other games while you're over?

Sunday 1pm starts dulls the atmosphere considerably due to the less time for pre-game drinking and the mad rush to get to the ground from all parts of London (normally 60-80 min trip for most)

Team in;

Loris
Dier - Fazio - Vertonghen - Davies
Bentalab - Lamela - Ericksen - Mason
Kane - Soldado

subs;
Subs: Vorm, Kaboul, Rose, Lennon, Paulinho, Stambouli, Chadli

Really quite like this line up. Loved the pairing of Harry Kane and Roberto Soldado up front. Saw a couple of runs late from Soldado that warmed the heart last weekend. One can only hope we can do what we need to do and continue winning and pressuring sides above us.

Just watched Spurs for the first time in a while, and we're absolutely abysmal.

Whoever was in charge of making most of the signings over the last 3 years needs to stop making signings, whether it be Levy, Baldini or the coach. It's like we're not recruiting to build a powerhouse team, but instead assemble a group of talented players who don't complement eachother one bit.

Adebayor has been sent home for personal reasons. Would love us to accept any bid for him. Got AVB sacked and turned it on for a couple of months after but is a cancer within the club!

Adebayor has been sent home for personal reasons. Would love us to accept any bid for him. Got AVB sacked and turned it on for a couple of months after but is a cancer within the club!
This is good news though. Good to have the big fella back in the squad at least!

0-1 to us at half time, yet nothing really positive to say.

I'm prepared to admit being well & truly wrong about Erik Lamela. I figure Avb just wasn't giving him a chance to adjust to the pace of the Premier League, but he's been getting plenty of opportunities over the last 6 months and looks so ridiculously far off the pace it's scary. Doesn't have any sense of flow & momentum, and consistently stops our flow of play when he receives the ball. Abysmal signing.

As for Soldado, while a lot of those missed sitters are disgusting, I think that's the result of hardly getting any opportunities, because the team is full of snails devoid of coordination, therefore I'm more forgiving of his poor performances.

Harry Kane should not play as an attacking midfielder; moves like a lug(seriously lacks agility) and doesn't pass well enough. Really like him as a striker though, because he has great goal-sense.

Eriksen is like Lamela, but has the statistics to back himself up. Not playing at Premier League-level pace & severely lacking in coordination with the rest of the team, but comes up with the odd moment of brilliance often enough to get himself respectable stats, similar to Bale, albeit not as good.

As predicted, not signing Schneiderlin hurt. Lacking physical presence & flow through the middle woth Bentaleb & Mason holding the joint together. I'm not criticizing them, their performances have been respectable under the circumstances, but we really should have someone better there.

Fazio- Been shambolic, hopefully it's just the wet weather.

Last edited:
I'm prepared to admit being well & truly wrong about Erik Lamela. I figure Avb just wasn't giving him a chance to adjust to the pace of the Premier League, but he's been getting plenty of opportunities over the last 6 months and looks so ridiculously far off the pace it's scary. Doesn't have any sense of flow & momentum, and consistently stops our flow of play when he receives the ball. Abysmal signing.
Can't say I've watched a EL match this season but can you remember the last league game where you thought 'Geez Lamela played well today'? It's been a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back