Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won, but it's hollow. Nothing has changed, we can't compete for 4th playing like this.

Swansea could've scored 4 or 5, whereas we just happened to capitalize on our only two good opportunities. It's a bit like how Bale kept saving us in 2013; that didn't get us 4th either.

Lol - apparently Levy's biggest investment in the summer was in a Wallpapering business - because our Away wins are papering over some Grand Canyon sized gaps...

Having said that our away form is encouraging in that we show a mental strength sadly lacking at home...

When does it become not stealing it? 3rd or 4th time this season we've done it now starting to think it's no fluke. Lamela was very poor. The saying 'can he handle it on a rainy tuesday night in Stoke' comes to mind with him. I've said all along that I'll judge him at seasons end and in fairness his poor performance shouldn't have lasted as long as it did, Poch should have taken him off a lot sooner! Eriksen leading goal scoring midfielder in the PL in 2014 once pens are taken away for Gerrard & Yaya, at the ripe old age of 22!

When does it become not stealing it? 3rd or 4th time this season we've done it now starting to think it's no fluke. Lamela was very poor. The saying 'can he handle it on a rainy tuesday night in Stoke' comes to mind with him. I've said all along that I'll judge him at seasons end and in fairness his poor performance shouldn't have lasted as long as it did, Poch should have taken him off a lot sooner! Eriksen leading goal scoring midfielder in the PL in 2014 once pens are taken away for Gerrard & Yaya, at the ripe old age of 22!

Thing is there's nothing lacking in Lamela's effort. He's really working hard. It's just not working for him. I really think he'd do better not playing inverted - at least until we get true pace back from our Right and Left backs. That might just help Soldado too...

Thing is there's nothing lacking in Lamela's effort. He's really working hard. It's just not working for him. I really think he'd do better not playing inverted - at least until we get true pace back from our Right and Left backs. That might just help Soldado too...
I'd like to see him on the left and fizz balls in but watched him closely against Palace and I don't think he is that good a dribbler that he could go around the outside of a fullback

When does it become not stealing it? 3rd or 4th time this season we've done it now starting to think it's no fluke.
We only got 'into' the Villa and Hull games once they both went down to 10. Didn't look like winning either when it was 11 v 11.

West Ham was also 10 men but we were already down to 10 ourselves. Think we've been very fortunate tbh.

We only got 'into' the Villa and Hull games once they both went down to 10. Didn't look like winning either when it was 11 v 11.

West Ham was also 10 men but we were already down to 10 ourselves. Think we've been very fortunate tbh.
Agree RE: Villa we were very poor the whole game. Thought we were decent against Hull when down and then battered them from the red onwards. Even West Ham with us down to 10 against their 11 we weren't just hanging in there. Performances do have to lift but I wouldn't discount the notorious hard double sessions Poch had the players doing on an extended preseason being a factor also

Agree RE: Villa we were very poor the whole game. Thought we were decent against Hull when down and then battered them from the red onwards. Even West Ham with us down to 10 against their 11 we weren't just hanging in there. Performances do have to lift but I wouldn't discount the notorious hard double sessions Poch had the players doing on an extended preseason being a factor also
Agree vs Villa, Benteke won us that game. (Retaliator always gets caught lol)

I thought in the Hull game on balance we deserved a draw. We played a little better than Hull but got a couple of favourable refereeing decisions.

The WH game we never looked like losing even after the rough red to Naughton but that was a by product of big Sam not pushing for the win with the numerical advantage, as in extra attacking player etc. and then we knicked a win. I think on balance we've been a tad lucky so far, but I guess you make your own luck as they say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't need to :D
Would've got good money for him to score too!

We look good offensively, but defensively we look like conceding again.

Mason injured? Stambouli? Dembele for his offensive run?

Would've got good money for him to score too!

We look good offensively, but defensively we look like conceding again.

Mason injured? Stambouli? Dembele for his offensive run?

Ben Stambouli it is

Agree wholeheartedly that we look good offensively, but defensively we look like conceding. (at least) 1 top Centre back should be a January priority for Poch allowing Dier, Walker, Davis (Townsend/Lennon) as the Left/Righ backs whilst I still cannont understand why Jan doesn't play in the centre of defence.

Ben Stambouli it is

Agree wholeheartedly that we look good offensively, but defensively we look like conceding. (at least) 1 top Centre back should be a January priority for Poch allowing Dier, Walker, Davis (Townsend/Lennon) as the Left/Righ backs whilst I still cannont understand why Jan doesn't play in the centre of defence.
Probably is exactly that but I read a rumour somewhere that Jan may want to leave. Hope not.

Any idea of CB's to target (that are attainable)?

Probably is exactly that but I read a rumour somewhere that Jan may want to leave. Hope not.

Any idea of CB's to target (that are attainable)?

We were linked with 22 year old Ajax defender, Joel Veltman last transfer period, a Possibility again perhaps?

I honestly don't know. jd2010 is generally across all things Tottenham. Despite our woes in the back, we seem to constantly be linked with attacking players.

Far better performance than last night, but still not top 4 standard. Looked defensively disciplined for once in the center of the pitch, although looks like that will be hampered with Mason injured.

After a totally abysmal performance, Lamela produces a great performance with a fabulous goal. Would be even better if that spanner Walker didn't keep getting in his way (in fact, now that I think about it, Walker might be the reason Lennon turned s**t. When Corluka was stationed there, he played an intelligent, supporting role that brought the best out of Lennon, whereas Walker keeps dashing forward to no effect).

Defence looks pretty solid, except we're still prone to small errors that could've been punished by a better team. They've only had one clear-cut chance though and it was their goal.

Kane- Needs to improve his abysmal technique.

Foot to Ball; his passing is ordinary and finishing is ordinary. He's Premier League standard because of his work-ethic & off the ball movement, but struggles technically, which hurts our build up play.

Foot to Ball; his passing is ordinary and finishing is ordinary. He's Premier League standard because of his work-ethic & off the ball movement, but struggles technically, which hurts our build up play.

You must be watching another player because every time i watch him, it is his work ethic (in the box) that he struggles with whilst his touch and general ball movement is quite good.

Nope. Work ethic is fine and he's always looking to get into good positions; you're just wrong.

1 shot on target out of 7 tonight, which doesn't include the sitter he failed to even hit in the first half. Bad technique, the end.

Promising first half, same old same old second half.

Chadli looks a class above everyone. He didn't dominate the game but did everything right, and if the rest of the team was playing on the same wave-length & tempo, we'd be a far more dangerous team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back