Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the 3 I can't see Carroll making it but do think the others will be in and around the squad for some time. Veljkovic could be recalled in January and might actually come in for Bentaleb who'll be away at the African Nations Cup. Would much rather see him than Capoue!
Agreed, it just seems these younger guys have hunger, desire and passion that many of the older guys don't have. Wouldn't be at all surprised to never see Capoue, Lennon, Adebayor or Kabnoul in a Spurs shirt ever again.

The best past about this morning is that we beat the best side with a host of experience in their side with Lloris (28), Walker (24), Fazio (27), Verts (27), Rose (24), Bentaleb (20), Mason (23), Chadli (25), Eriksen (22), Townsend (23), Kane (21), Dembele (27) , Paulinho (25) and Davies (21) with Lamela (22) and Stambouli (24) among other young guys that didn't play, with a young, attacking manager. You get the feeling that if this squad is kept together there could be something special there.

That's what makes it better mate, everyone who could was laying the boots in last season about the 'flops' and the manager turnover and everything, and now we've hit a fantastic run of form with a lot of academy products in the team that seem to have bought the passion back. It also helps that they've all bought into the new managers methods and demands and everything seems very cheery at the moment. Unfortunately, the whole 'had we spent the Bale money better we could be anywhere' is another to add to a long list of 'what if's?' from the last few years. Such as what if Chelsea had never won the Champions League when we finished 4th and it had of been us that signed Hazard and Oscar at the end of that season. It;s impossible to know so just enjoy it while it lasts, which is hopefully for a long time to come.

And that I will buddy. Enjoying this early season form from Harry Kane very much so.

We started that last game with 4 kids from our youth academy and I'd expect 1 or 2 out of Tom Carroll, Veljkovic & Pritchard to be part of our senior squad for next season. Just need to add some more talent of the likes of Eriksen with them and this side will continue to get better

On the whole signings thing. I expect Harry to hit a wall somewhere along the line, the kid is only 21. Would love the kid to finish with 30 goals in all competitions but truth is he will begin to struggle at some stage. With Soldado struggling to have the same impact here as he has in Spain, Id hope that Poc/Levy would look at another striking option. Think it will be tough to find someone willing enough to be a squad player and third striker.

Whilst DeAndre Yedlin is joining up with the squad soon enough, perhaps more defensive players could be looked at to allow those false backs into their more natural midfield roles?

Lennon is surplus imo, there is 3 RWs in the squad, Townsend offers more than Lennon, Stoke is rumoured to perhaps make a bid.

Paulinho needs to go, sell him to Spain/Italy and try and get about half of what they paid for him. Won't be fussed if Capoue goes too, Mason offers more. I'd be disappointed if Dembele left, I still think he has great attributes as a holding mid with his strength and dribbling being utilised even if his passing range is limited.

Who is still in our current squad from when we last made the CL (10/11). Wouldn't be too many?

I know you need to constantly improve on your squad but we seem to turn over a first XI nearly every year in desperate search for that perfect combination. Hope we can keep this group together and 2 - 3 seasons time really push for a top 4 spot. Even a team like Southampton are reaping rewards of keeping players.

Who is still in our current squad from when we last made the CL (10/11). Wouldn't be too many?

I know you need to constantly improve on your squad but we seem to turn over a first XI nearly every year in desperate search for that perfect combination. Hope we can keep this group together and 2 - 3 seasons time really push for a top 4 spot. Even a team like Southampton are reaping rewards of keeping players.
Southampton kept their central midfield intact, but they lost a striker, attacking mid, and half of their defense. We still haven't replaced Modric for etc and is still viewed by many as a weakness.

Assou-Ekotto, Kaboul, Lennon and Rose were around in our CL year. Walker, Townsend and Naughton were out on loan

Lennon is surplus imo, there is 3 RWs in the squad, Townsend offers more than Lennon
Disagree, Townsend is abysmal. He's been given a chance in the first team over the last two games and isn't even offering that dynamic presence like last season. I'm not a fan of Lennon but at least he's shown he can be a gun on a consistent basis (unfortunately that was 5 years ago).

Lennon is very one dimensional and no longer has the pace to get past full backs. Great servant at the club but his time is up and should be playing at mid table clubs

Opposition worked him out. Don't get too close to him so he can't skip around you, corral him on the wing, double team him towards the corner. He's too short to win headers and isn't a great finisher. Once this play book got written he was unable to add other dimensions to his game. Needs to be sold now to get some value, a bottom half EPL side would be best fit.

Loving Harry "Hurricane" Kane's form. Now that kid knows how to finish.

Opposition worked him out. Don't get too close to him so he can't skip around you, corral him on the wing, double team him towards the corner. He's too short to win headers and isn't a great finisher. Once this play book got written he was unable to add other dimensions to his game. Needs to be sold now to get some value, a bottom half EPL side would be best fit.

Loving Harry "Hurricane" Kane's form. Now that kid knows how to finish.
His crossing where he just loops it to the far post was only ever suited to the Crouch type strikers.

So what chance of all this trash talk actually coming true?
Less than 0. I would say that out of all the rumours every transfer window maybe 10% of them are accurate. Which is disappointing because we often get linked to good players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently we've been "lucky" this season.

6th penalty - two more than any other side - and, yet again the ref makes two massive guesses.

He guesses right that Ledley gets to the ball before Stambouli - but, like all the nuffies at Sky and MOTD, misses the other bit of the super slow-mo replay - Stambouli doesn't actually catch Ledley at all. Ledley takes a massive swan dive.

Meanwhile Kane, for the umpteenth time this season, falls under legitimate contact and it's waved away.

"What would Mou do?" :mad:

I really like Mason, he's come a long way from being a talented but injury-troubled player who was ok in League 1 and the Championship. But what is effectively a six-year contract is a big risk to give to a 23 year old who only broke into the first team this year. I'm happy with his contract being extended and upgraded but I think 3 years would have been more prudent, especially with the recent situation with the BAE, Khumalo and Adebayor contracts, where they were given extra-long contracts only for it to be regretted years later.

I really like Mason, he's come a long way from being a talented but injury-troubled player who was ok in League 1 and the Championship. But what is effectively a six-year contract is a big risk to give to a 23 year old who only broke into the first team this year. I'm happy with his contract being extended and upgraded but I think 3 years would have been more prudent, especially with the recent situation with the BAE, Khumalo and Adebayor contracts, where they were given extra-long contracts only for it to be regretted years later.
He's English, home growns are valuable even if he only becomes a depth player. We are a good club and it's doubtful he'll ever reach Chelsea/Man City type levels. Worst case is he doesn't progress on from this year but still has resale value to the Hulls/QPRs/Stokes etc.

Not much talk of the League Cup tie to make the final atm.

Would be fantastic if we could take the comp out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back