Biggest Little Thug in the SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Leaping Lindner
Stringer wasn't little by any means.But was a sniper renown for a punch in the pack and then going for a sprint down the field!
This could make the basis for another poll... but Darren Smith would cream it in. He had the "belt an opponent then run away while your mates step up to the fight you just started" honed down to a fine art form.

Re: Re: Macca

Originally posted by Robranisgod

John Wynne, Phil Carman, Gary McIntosh, Brenton Klaebe, Justin Scanlon, Tony Francis.

Shall I continue

Justin Scanlon???????

Tough!!! No way a Thug Though!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Macca

Originally posted by Davo75

Justin Scanlon???????

Tough!!! No way a Thug Though!!!!!

Check out how many times he was reported and suspended.

Don't defend the indefensible.

Re: Re: Macca

John Wynne, Phil Carman, Gary McIntosh, Brenton Klaebe, Justin Scanlon, Tony Francis.

Shall I continue

You win.:D

I voted for "the Ant', probably seen him more than the others.....

The ant was a hothead who was nearly always retaliating because he lost his temper so easily. On that basis, Mahney - cold calculating thuggery. But Stephen Sims should definitely have been an option, I would have voted for him if he was in the poll. All you need to do is watch the bloodbath GF again.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Macca

Check out how many times he was reported and suspended.

Don't defend the indefensible.

You show me the Figures mate and I'll have a look!!!!

Hardly ever reported from what I remember!!!!!!!

Originally posted by eddie eagle

Mahney - one of a few - if not the only player, ever, to be reported, found guilty and suspended for kicking. Must have been one of his games when he did not touch the ball so thought he'd kick an opponent.

What a ****er

Ah youve come out of hiding to bag Port Adelaide.

What a ****ing surprise :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Alan Stringer

Gary Mcintosh is the biggest thug to ever play in South Australia. Dirtiest player ive ever seen. How he won two Magareys is beyond me.

Cant really have him in this poll tho as its for little thugs (or unrecognised thugs i guess).

Mark Power who played for West a few years back used to **** me. The most arrogant little **** ive ever seen. Built like a twig and the most spiteful player ive seen.

One of the Hannam brothers that played for the Eagles. I think Mark. I'll never forget every Port supporter in the members of Footy Park standing up and laughing at him when he did his knee after attempting to knock out Darren Smith. Behind the play..he ran full pelt at Smith, tried to thump him, Smith moved back a bit which saw Hannam misjudge and land awkwardly on his knee, breaking it and missing 12 months of football. Funniest thing ive ever seen.

mahney out of that group but i think salisbury did a bit of damage but one prick i will never forget is a little **** who played for westies in the mid 80s called ray o'reilly who broke ants collarbone late in the 86 season total little prick!!!

How come noone has brought up the name Dave Granger in this poll? Made Macca look like a choir boy. But out of that lot definitely Wayne Mahney. And Brodie Atkinson's short arm jabs on the outer wing in the first quarter last week was sniping at it's very best...
Ahhh...at last a Blues side that won plaudits for toughness. About bloody time too!

:D

Re: Mark Power

Originally posted by Macca19

Mark Power who played for West a few years back used to **** me. The most arrogant little **** ive ever seen. Built like a twig and the most spiteful player ive seen.

I couldn't agree more. He didn't stay around long enough to really make his mark but he was one of the best snipers I have ever seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't beleive Steven Sims and Scott Salisbury didn't get in the poll. Ask all the Westie supporters out there and they would all vote for Sims. And Salisbury was a little bastard. As for Antrobus, I wouldn't call him a thug. He was just angry.

Garry McIntosh

Some of you would be pleased to see the Great Man Featured in Todays Advertiser!!!!!!!

It wasn't important enough to get on the website. What was the nature of the article?

Advertiser Team of Year During the 1990's up to 2001!

The Classic Beard is there for all to see!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back