Biggest Story in Wrestling in 2014?

What's the biggest story in wrestling this year?

• Brock breaks 'The Streak'

• Punk to UFC

• The WWE Network

• Warrior's WWE return and passing

• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
So, what's the biggest story in wrestling this year - Lesnar breaking 'The Streak'? Punk to the UFC? Both seemed unthinkable twelve months ago. Is the WWE Network a "big story"? What about Warrior's WWE return and subsequent passing? The Punk saga in general? Does anything else compare? Could anything else big happen in the next few weeks?

CM Punk quitting WWE. It was unexpected and before WrestleMania.

Brock Lesnar ending the streak was very big but it wasn't 'real life'.

Sting's debut was big even though WWE leaked it.

CM Punk quitting WWE. It was unexpected and before WrestleMania.

Brock Lesnar ending the streak was very big but it wasn't 'real life'.

Sting's debut was big even though WWE leaked it.
I agree with this, Punk quitting is definitely the biggest story.

Lesnar breaking the streak is easily the biggest story.

It got traction in the mainstream media. That never happens with the WWE.

Agree and Also no one saw it coming and was no Word on the Internet about it.

The reaction was huge

Yeah the end of the streak for mine. Years in the making & went in to Wrestlemania just assuming Brock will be a 'filler match' before Taker having his last big match in either 2015 or '16. Did not see that coming at all.

Punk leaving was big but the speculative nature of it up until recently (months of questioning of whether it was a work or not) took away from the impact of it and made it more annoying than interesting for mine. Could argue the last week with his tell all & now UFC signing was the biggest part of the whole saga.

Agree. I got texts that night from the two guys I used to watch wrestling with 15 years ago that have barely watched an ep since WCW went under. Even my telling them about Sting got a "meh" response, but the streak ending cut through

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're lying if you say that Bork beating Taker isn't the biggest story. The ref hit the 3 count and I thought that the ref had made a mistake, I sat there on my chair, bent forward, clutching my remote as my drink was slowly destroying my carpet in utter shock.

I was lucky enough to watch it live with mates so we could revel in the shock together. I remember opening up my browser and being annoyed that it was the main story on ninemsn as I usually watch PPV's delayed and that would've surely had it spoilt for me. Imagine the meltdown if their main story spoilt the ending to Harry Potter or Empire Strikes Back.

It was so unreal and it's crazy to think that a made up pseudo-sport can make you feel that way.

i was in the silverdome that fateful evening and i dont think i'll ever forget it. i was all "man, hes going to kick out of 3 f5s? thats a bit over the to....
Eddie-Murphy-Shocked.gif

it was almost like time stood still for a moment as my puny brain tried to process the wtfckery that had just occurred before my very eyes (well, about half a kilometre away, but still)

I didn't watch it live but I had enough sense to avoid Facebook and I sure as s**t don't read news.com.au. So I had the "ZOMG!" moment :) Got to say the match until that very moment was quite forgettable.

I think my Undertaker/Brock story might be the saddest of them all.

I took the day off work, I shilled out the 35 bucks to watch the show.

And after seeing Undertaker kick out of 2 F5s I figured we'd seen these "finishing moves ad nauseum" Undertaker matches for the last 6 years at WM.

So I went to the toilet to return just as the 3 count was happening.

To answer the question though, CM Punk is the biggest story - from the quitting, to the Cabana shows, to the UFC announcement, he's no doubt the biggest story this year.

Back