Bill Shorten - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly, mate. The fact people are having to pretend is very revealing. The Mick39 alias was saying Shorten had 'gone missing' the week after he'd done Q&A. Power Raid pretends that he has insider tips that Shorten will be removed as leader (and above pretends Lester didn't take Shorten out of context by withholding the full breadth of his comments).

I'd suggest the Liberals thought they would get a much bigger bump from putting in Turnbull.

The fact they haven't means they might actually have to do some more centrist policy-work, which could further alienate the right-wing base giving them bad press across News Corp interests and on talk-back. They're in a tricky position.

Or instead of trying to pump themselves up, they could try to push Shorten down. Hence the making stuff up about Shorten.

FTR Lester did not take Bill's comments out of context.

how was it taken out of context?

As I suggested I can understand Bil's comments, as the perpetrators family lost their son. They did not commit the crime, yet they lost a son through his poor decisions.

how did I pretend?

oh and you seem so hung up about the fact I have shared something with you that your employers won't. Why are you pissed with me for that? take it up with them.

oh and Newscorp? it was the ABC that quoted him......and right wing base making s**t up? he was quoted

lol Ratts......you should ask for a pay rise putting up with that s**t

Bill is a train wreck. If Turnbull had any sense, he wouldn't comment on Shorten. Just let Bill score own goals.

Bill is having a shocker of a week.

After father of two, police employee Curtis Cheng, is shot in the back of the head, Bill makes this statement

Then perhaps realising his mistake, he tries to make amends but goes over the top and compares radical Muslims to pedophiles.

Bill did that or someone on his staff?

Bill did that or someone on his staff?

The interesting thing was that it came from ABC News. What he said was 'Our thoughts are with the family of a 15-year-old alleged perpetrator as they must be struggling to comprehend how someone so young could be part of such a terrible crime'. Which was pretty dumb considering he had no idea whether the family was involved in the boy's radicalisation. But the ABC trimmed it to a tweet sized 'Our thoughts are with the family of a 15-year-old alleged perpetrator', which made him look even more stupid.

The interesting thing was that it came from ABC News. What he said was 'Our thoughts are with the family of a 15-year-old alleged perpetrator as they must be struggling to comprehend how someone so young could be part of such a terrible crime'. Which was pretty dumb considering he had no idea whether the family was involved in the boy's radicalisation. But the ABC trimmed it to a tweet sized 'Our thoughts are with the family of a 15-year-old alleged perpetrator', which made him look even more stupid.
His media advisor should be sacked.
You preface the statement first so it doesn't make you look stupid.

Either way because it was not quoted in full, doesn't sound good. However if he did know about the family and they really didn't know what their son was up to, is no big deal and I don't see much wrong with the full text.
In a previous profession, I know of families whose children have been arrested forincidents (theft, B&E, stolen Vehicle) and when questioned parents are shocked with disbelief.
However in saying this he is catching Abbott's disease lately.
Naughty left wing ABC:)

Naughty left wing ABC:)
I know you mean that sarcastically but I think the left wing abc actually do think they are helping him. They only see muslim victims as do most on the left, so Bill apparent compassion to the family and the shooter is a good thing

Two other idiotic developments; heavy uniform presence outside shooters school and
Idiotic school mate says cops should burn in hell and hopes for more police shootings via social media and gets arrested.

I know you mean that sarcastically but I think the left wing abc actually do think they are helping him. They only see muslim victims as do most on the left, so Bill apparent compassion to the family and the shooter is a good thing
Well I think that you are wrong but nevertheless, keep thinking, may do you good but try and be objective.
And yes, I was having a joke with Lester Burnham.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can't know for sure the underlying motivation of whoever at the ABC decided to post that tweet but if you look in the replies Shorten was savaged.

And as Maggie5 was having fun with, there is nothing incompatible about the left wing ABC backing Malcolm Fraser.

We can't know for sure the underlying motivation of whoever at the ABC decided to post that tweet but if you look in the replies Shorten was savaged.

And as Maggie5 was having fun with, there is nothing incompatible about the left wing ABC backing Malcolm Fraser.
On a serious note, it does seem that they have a love affair with MT although they are not giving some of his Ministers the same love.

Even the left education establishment is having a go at poor old Bill

Jane Caro– ‏ @JaneCaro

With @billshortenmp doing private school's marketing for them, all @TurnbullMalcolm needs do is sign up 4 full Gonski & he's got my vote

Mr Shorten has clarified that he meant Catholic schools.

Considering Mr Shorten's life choices since graduating Xavier College, it is safe to assume that Mr Shorten thinks the Catholic Church are good at educating kids but not so good at providing a pathway into heaven?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back