Traded Jack Billings

Remove this Banner Ad

Good times down at seaford. How I miss getting top notch picks.....and actually using them well
I think the coaches have a lot to answer for in this situation. Ayres ruined our list with his list management philosophy and almost refusing to play younger players. Coaches can be blinded by the short term, premiership windows etc. Coaches should act like custodians of the list, but often they don't. We did benefit with Lynch. After his first game I commented on how I didn't understand how you guys let him go, let alone not play him at all.

Your list is in much better hands with Richardson. He has seen the hard way how to re-build. On 3AW they commented on how there was doom and gloom touted for St. Kilda and about the number of wins you guys were predicted to get this year. Now it looks like you will win way more than the doomsdayers were predicting. And you have a nice young additions to your list.

Don't know if it has been mentioned but he has this ability to just appear in space, not many players have that talent but this kid has it. We've got a star here boys.

I think you do. Having seen him play, one comparison that could be made is Wingard. The ability to appear in space is one of Chads greatest strengths - as well as the contested marking ability, silky skills and a smart footy brain, all things that Billings seems to possess

I think you do. Having seen him play, one comparison that could be made is Wingard. The ability to appear in space is one of Chads greatest strengths - as well as the contested marking ability, silky skills and a smart footy brain, all things that Billings seems to possess

I hope that turns out true. Billings does need more self belief to be like chad.

BTW you guys have drafted very well with Billings and Dunstan.

Plus, Templeton has showed a bit already + Acres has we supporters talking about how well he is performing & improving in the VFL.

Looking like a very handy draft for us ATM. :cool:

Nick Riewoldt, when asked who he would have kick for goal, after the siren to win the Grand Final, answered with Jack Billings. Safe to say he's a fair kick.

Jeez he's a good kick isn't he. Discount the Brisbane game and the only miss I can think of was a kick from 50 on the boundary that hit the post. Against Essendon I think?

Kicked some lovely goals in the 2 VFL games before promotion too.

I look forward to him being a dead eye dick in the future. Him and Lee kicking at goal would be a nice future to look forward to!

Jeez he's a good kick isn't he. Discount the Brisbane game and the only miss I can think of was a kick from 50 on the boundary that hit the post. Against Essendon I think?

Kicked some lovely goals in the 2 VFL games before promotion too.

I look forward to him being a dead eye dick in the future. Him and Lee kicking at goal would be a nice future to look forward to!
Melbourne game ;)

Pretty sure he missed a shot from right in front of goal against the Hawks as well. But then managed to slot one from the boundary...

It's the only issue I have had with his games so far but even then he makes it hard to call. I think it might be in his head a bit so hopefully he deals with it and becomes a sure thing in front of goal.

FWIW - Fantasy Perspective, but still interesting none-the-less;

http://footyprophet.com/eyecatchers-jack-billings/

Eyecatchers - Jack Billings

"Saturday provided us with one of the most one sided games in recent memory, when Hawthorn annihilated St Kilda at the MCG. Countless players had eyecatching games for the Hawks – the returning Schoenmakers, the debutant Hartung or indeed their entire forwardline. It was, however, one of the few bright lights from the Saints that really caught my eye – Jack Billings."

"Where he excelled, however, was his game sense, disposal efficiency, vision and damaging left boot, while his versatility also saw him play half-forward, midfield and half-back."

"Billings has settled into senior footy very well indeed. His awareness, poise and use of the ball indicate all the traits of a future star. He is ranked 1st of all Rising Star nominees for score involvements and 2nd for marks inside 50. He also certainly looks to have cemented a place in St Kilda’s best 22."

Not sure which rising star nominees they are referring to though? :confused:

FWIW - Fantasy Perspective, but still interesting none-the-less;

http://footyprophet.com/eyecatchers-jack-billings/

Eyecatchers - Jack Billings

"Saturday provided us with one of the most one sided games in recent memory, when Hawthorn annihilated St Kilda at the MCG. Countless players had eyecatching games for the Hawks – the returning Schoenmakers, the debutant Hartung or indeed their entire forwardline. It was, however, one of the few bright lights from the Saints that really caught my eye – Jack Billings."

"Where he excelled, however, was his game sense, disposal efficiency, vision and damaging left boot, while his versatility also saw him play half-forward, midfield and half-back."

"Billings has settled into senior footy very well indeed. His awareness, poise and use of the ball indicate all the traits of a future star. He is ranked 1st of all Rising Star nominees for score involvements and 2nd for marks inside 50. He also certainly looks to have cemented a place in St Kilda’s best 22."

Not sure which rising star nominees they are referring to though? :confused:
must be their own fantasy weekly nomination on their site

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has actually tackled really well, mostly. Early in the Brisbane game I noticed a few one-armed tackles which were easily brushed aside. I put this down to the slight frame and inexperience at the level. But honestly, it was confined only to a couple of incidents early in that game. He has laid some outstanding tackles... Seems to put his whole body into it and drag them to the ground. Impressive for someone of his size and a skill that he will only develop as he gets stronger and more experienced out there.

We obviously know he is an amazingly creative player and great kick. His tackling has surprised me. Hopefully we get a good glimpse of his overhead marking this season. It's a big strength of his according to some that watched him in juniors.

He has actually tackled really well, mostly. Early in the Brisbane game I noticed a few one-armed tackles which were easily brushed aside. I put this down to the slight frame and inexperience at the level. But honestly, it was confined only to a couple of incidents early in that game. He has laid some outstanding tackles... Seems to put his whole body into it and drag them to the ground. Impressive for someone of his size and a skill that he will only develop as he gets stronger and more experienced out there.

We obviously know he is an amazingly creative player and great kick. His tackling has surprised me. Hopefully we get a good glimpse of his overhead marking this season. It's a big strength of his according to some that watched him in juniors.

We saw a good example of a contested mark he took inside forward 50 against Hawthorn on Saturday. He was under pressure and might have had his arms chopped but still managed to hang on. I was very impressed for someone his size.

he did as well against essendon right in front of where i was sitting, either in the first or third quarter. missed to the near side straight after though!

We saw a good example of a contested mark he took inside forward 50 against Hawthorn on Saturday. He was under pressure and might have had his arms chopped but still managed to hang on. I was very impressed for someone his size.
Well...I was at the game and MAY have been busy at the bar if the mark occurred anytime between the 10min mark of the 1st quarter and the 25min mark of the last...So must have missed it :p

Congratulations Jacky, well deserved that's for sure!!

this is the first time since 2003 we have had at least two rising star nominations in a season, 2003 was when Ball, Goddard and Montagna all received nominations. Hopefully we can get even more!

"PRIZED draftee Jack Billings has lifted spirits at St Kilda after he was named the round 14 NAB AFL Rising Star nominee.

Last year's No.3 draft pick has been one of the shining lights at the end of a dark tunnel for St Kilda this season and produced his best performance yet in Sunday's 33-point loss to West Coast at Etihad Stadium."

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-06-23/jacks-a-star-on-the-rise

Congrats Jack Billings!
Silky skills and great game on the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back