Past Billy Gowers

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues add five more to list

Gowers has been recruited from the Oakleigh Chargers. He’s the son of former Hawthorn and Brisbane player Andy Gowers and was unlucky to miss out on selection in last week’s national draft.

“He was the very next player on my list on draft night,” Shane Rogers said.

“Billy is a player with a lot of confidence. He played halfback through his junior career, but we think he’s more of a wingman. He’s a running, rebounding player who is a beautiful kick either side of his body.”

Blues add five more to list

Snoop Dogs Mock Rookie Draft:

40 Carlton..............Billy Gowers
Carlton have a bit of interest in lanky HB from Oakleigh . Solid player who does everything well just doesnt have a standout element to his game but hey sometimes you just want your HB's to be solid citizens.

AFL Draft Tracker:

Versatile and well-balanced medium midfielder who reads the play well. Has excellent foot skills on both sides and marks well overhead for his size. Collected 13 touches, four marks and three clearances against Vic Country in the NAB Under-18 Championships. Played 10 games at TAC Cup level, averaging 15 disposals. Was fourth in the running vertical jump (93cm) at NAB AFL Draft Combine. Son of former Hawk and Lion Andrew Gowers.

Last edited:

How is Gowers going? on another thread there was discussion about someone helping Cripps out in the middle and I remembered some training reports about Gowers in that role over summer. Was both wondering if he'd fit that sort of role, and looking like he's improving?

As beowulf and I were discussing in another thread, back in a more familiar role on the weekend, just as he was starting to find his feet in the middle of the contest. Seemed to do well based on the highlights and stats, but he didn't show his top-end speed, though it wasn't really required in the moments shown.

How is he travelling? Did he seem slow when called upon to make it to contests?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back