Multiplat Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched farfromsubtle play the original. Reckon I'll get the Vita version because I might prefer the portable version. Despite, y'know, never being able to save progress.
You can save on the Vita.

New feature of the game is that you can now save your progress. It's also cross-save which means any save on the Vita can be continued on the PS4 and vice versa.

Have put over 60 hours into Binding of Isaac myself on PC, making it my most played PC game on Steam.

Will be interesting to see how the new changes feel, from the sounds of it, as much as the new look isn't as good, it was needed to ensure the game will run at a smooth framerate and can be upgraded and tinkered with far more easily.

Will have it on every platform I can get it on! Vita, PS4 and PC and will play it to death. Can easily see it being my go to game when I have a spare few minutes to play something.

You can save on the Vita.

New feature of the game is that you can now save your progress. It's also cross-save which means any save on the Vita can be continued on the PS4 and vice versa.

Have put over 60 hours into Binding of Isaac myself on PC, making it my most played PC game on Steam.

Will be interesting to see how the new changes feel, from the sounds of it, as much as the new look isn't as good, it was needed to ensure the game will run at a smooth framerate and can be upgraded and tinkered with far more easily.

Will have it on every platform I can get it on! Vita, PS4 and PC and will play it to death. Can easily see it being my go to game when I have a spare few minutes to play something.
Much appreciated.

Was watching someone play it on youtube. The bit graphics are growing on me. So many new items and mobs. So keen for tomorrow.

Probably have the wiki up on my phone while I play and sort out which new items are worth picking up.

Hopefully the difficulty will be high enough to make me play it for a long time. I just need to not be able to beat it in a week of my typical gametime.
Have you played Binding before? The thing with Isaac is that when you 'beat' it, you haven't really beaten the game. There's always more of it to play with different outcomes, levels and areas to explore. Beating the game just once is only the beginning.

That being said, if you're good enough, you can beat the game once in approx 2 hours. Getting to that stage, however, will take a while.

In my 60+ hours on the game on Steam, I've only beaten it 5 times. Which I guess, equates to around 10 hours per completion. So it is pretty tough, once you get to the last 2 'levels' things ramp up considerably (not sure how this will change in Rebirth, if it does at all).

But yeah, as said, it's not really a game you beat and then put down. It's one that completing it once, only leads to better things making you want to complete it again and again and again.

Have you played Binding before? The thing with Isaac is that when you 'beat' it, you haven't really beaten the game. There's always more of it to play with different outcomes, levels and areas to explore. Beating the game just once is only the beginning.

That being said, if you're good enough, you can beat the game once in approx 2 hours. Getting to that stage, however, will take a while.

In my 60+ hours on the game on Steam, I've only beaten it 5 times. Which I guess, equates to around 10 hours per completion. So it is pretty tough, once you get to the last 2 'levels' things ramp up considerably (not sure how this will change in Rebirth, if it does at all).

But yeah, as said, it's not really a game you beat and then put down. It's one that completing it once, only leads to better things making you want to complete it again and again and again.
I'll take your word for it. I've seen enough of the game that the imagery and content is fairly hardcore so for me the appeal will be in the gameplay.

As a veteran Isaac player (400 hours :eek:), a won run (i.e beating blue baby) can be done in 30 minutes, and on average about 45 minutes. You'd have to be going INCREDIBLY slow to take two hours, or just have awful items.

As a veteran Isaac player (400 hours :eek:), a won run (i.e beating blue baby) can be done in 30 minutes, and on average about 45 minutes. You'd have to be going INCREDIBLY slow to take two hours, or just have awful items.
Pushed it out a bit as I take an hour to constantly pause and look at the wiki. :D

Would imagine you'd have it memorised by now?

Pushed it out a bit as I take an hour to constantly pause and look at the wiki. :D

Would imagine you'd have it memorised by now?

Yep but plenty to relearn now with Rebirth! Half the fun is figuring out what items do what and how they synergise with others.

Did a few runs today, beaten Sheol a couple of times. It Lives hasn't unlocked yet. Azazel is pretty OP, needs a bit of a nerf. Shattered Cain has had a damage nerf, he was my go to :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving it so far!

Decided to chuck the filter on to smooth out the pixel look.

The new additions are great, the odd big levels are terrific and the new items only expand how good the game already was.

Gonna load it up on the Vita later to check it out, expect it to translate just as well to the Vita as PS4.

Had my first mom's knife run, so easy but so satisfying.

Still haven't unlocked the cathedral or the chest yet, but must be getting close. Can't remember how many wins it takes but I believe I'm at number 7.

Had my first experience with this game today. Had always known about it on Steam but I just don't play my PC enough anymore to ever look at picking it up.

First thing that grabbed me was how twisted this game is. Loved that. First game I got wrecked, second I made it to the 4th level. Still don't know what the items do that I pick up but learning that each time is a part of the charm. Don't think I'm ever going to smash out massive hours on this one but looks a great time filler or something to play on the lounge on the Vita when I get wife aggro.

Played it for about half an hour...Don't get how people have spent soo much time on this game. Seems like it will be good for 5 min bursts but I couldn't sit there for hours playing it.

Played it for about half an hour...Don't get how people have spent soo much time on this game. Seems like it will be good for 5 min bursts but I couldn't sit there for hours playing it.

Same here. Had no idea what I was doing either or what the actual purpose of the game was? Game is super popular on Twitch though so clearly has a hook to it.

I got to the 4th basement on my first ever try (assuming the 5th is the last?) Died more times blowing myself up with bombs than I did other mobs.

For your first win the 6th is the last, but this changes every time you win... By the end it's basically the mid way point.

For someone who has played a reasonable amount of Isaac, it is highly unlikely you won't make it until at least the 6th stage every run. Difficulty spikes quite a bit beyond that point with enemies doing double damage

It's frigging sweet. However I just had a Sheol run that I just decided to throw because I wanted to test if you could survive using the bible on Satan by having the Wafer like you could in the original. Turns out nope.

Also...

capture_001_07112014_144552.jpg

It's frigging sweet. However I just had a Sheol run that I just decided to throw because I wanted to test if you could survive using the bible on Satan by having the Wafer like you could in the original. Turns out nope.

Didn't even know that was possible... 400 hours and still learning things :oops::p

Azazel is seriously so OP. Starting with flight and a short range brimstone plus it can still gain red hearts? Nuts

EDIT: Also Mums Heart is now a really threatening boss fight. Complete bullet hell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back