Multiplat Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth

Remove this Banner Ad

Afterbirth DLC was announced a couple of weeks back, adding a HEAP of new s**t. Supposedly adds on another 100-200 hours of content.

Source: http://bindingofisaac.com/post/110884940374/afterbirth
The game expansion will be called Afterbirth.it will come out sometime this year (hopefully around the middle)

this expansion will feature:

- 100+ new items

- a full new game mode that will totally change how you play

- 10 new challenges

- a new playable character

- a new alternate final chapter

- new alt floors

- new game endings

- new final bosses

- tons of new bosses and enemies

- new item pickups, cards, pills, etc.

- tons of new achievements and rewards for beating the game on hard

- new co-op babies

- new transformations

- and more… :|

you could almost get lost in all that new content!it should easily extend the gameplay time by another 100-200 hours…

last update i asked for you guys to give me some awesome challenges for the DLC via reddit, here are the top 9 challenge suggestions you all posted.
keep in mind that not all of these challenges will make it into the DLC, and if they do they might not be designed as described.

1. a XXXL room challenge: all floors are XL but have the max amount of rooms per XL floor.
2. High Speed!: the game plays at x2 speed
3. Sonic: all doors are arcade doors, start with 99 coins all enemies have greed shot effect (cause you to drop/loose coins) you die at 0 coins.
4. Max hearts : a challenge where you start with max heart containers but hearts no longer drop.
5. High Rule: start with moms knife + trinity shield + boomerang
6. Rollers: each time you complete a room all of your items and stats are rerolled (item pools arent depleted)
7. BRAINS! : start with 3-4 bobs brains, blindfolded (no tears)
8. Blue Bomber: blue baby run with kamikaze + flying + new dlc item + pyromaniac, Blindfolded (no tears)
9. all start boss rush: a challenge where you fight all the games bosses

Yeah the trophies are definitely bugged.

Don't particularly care about trying to get them all or anything but am easily missing about 8 that i should have.

Not the most OP setup i've had but it's up there in terms of ease of overall win.

Holy mantle, Guppy early on, a heap of damage upgrades including Proptosis and it's basically impossible to lose. Also the tears look pretty sweet too.

Can't wait til the DLC!

Turned the PS4 on for basically the first time in about a month and decided to have a game of Isaac and had this OP beauty with Magdalene.

The amount of damage upgrades from curse rooms and breaking rocks and mushrooms as well as taking devil deals was just ridiculous.....don't even need to fire a tear against the Lamb :p

One trophy off hitting Platinum. Close to hitting a wall in the game so can't wait for the new DLC content. Easily the best PS+ game to date.

G.O.A.T. Binding Of Isaac player.

But you're wrong saying it's the best PS+ game. Rogue Legacy is still better, doesn't rely on lucky drops making runs OP and insta-win, a much more challenging game IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G.O.A.T. Binding Of Isaac player.

But you're wrong saying it's the best PS+ game. Rogue Legacy is still better, doesn't rely on lucky drops making runs OP and insta-win, a much more challenging game IMO.

If difficulty is your only measure, sure... I own about 500 games on steam, the original Isaac at the top of my playing time with over 400 hours, Rebirth with about 60. Reckon I've got about 20 in Rogue Legacy, fun game but honestly not worth replaying after you've beaten it a couple of times.

Was Spelunky a PS+ game? Reckon that's the only legitimate contender to Isaac.

Not only difficulty, I find the gameplay much more satisfying.

Having to constantly be on your toes moving around and waiting for an opening to deal damage to a boss >>>>> having guppies insta kill a boss in seconds.

I think that's what makes Isaac so replayable myself, but yes it is incredibly easy at times.

Played Spelunky? Reckon you'll love it, should you give it some time. Talk about having to be on your toes.

If difficulty is your only measure, sure... I own about 500 games on steam, the original Isaac at the top of my playing time with over 400 hours, Rebirth with about 60. Reckon I've got about 20 in Rogue Legacy, fun game but honestly not worth replaying after you've beaten it a couple of times.

Was Spelunky a PS+ game? Reckon that's the only legitimate contender to Isaac.

Yeah, i personally play games for fun and Isaac is in a league of its own in that regard for me.

I'm also relatively time poor nowadays with my first child being born a few months back so Isaac is the perfect pick up and play type title giving me exactly what i desire in a short gaming session since i no longer have 5 hours a night to play online in a cod or a battlefield like i did pre-child.

Isaac is easily the best ps+ title released so far imo. Bring on the DLC!

How many hours you put into it now Alex?

Considering finally giving it a decent go to see what the fuss is about, still have it installed on the Vita. Kids only sleep 10-11 hours a night now so dont have those few hours extra, like when they were under 1 (1 y.o. son still gets a good 3hr arvo nap).

How long can the good runs go for? Battlefield Hardline rounds can be over in under 5 minutes so I find that's probably the easiest pick up and play game outside of Rogue Legacy at the moment for time restricted parent gamers.

Last edited:
How many hours you put into it now Alex?

Considering finally giving it a decent go to see what the fuss is about, still have it installed on the Vita. Kids only sleep 10-11 hours a night now so dont have those few hours extra, like when they were under 1 (1 y.o. son still gets a good 3hr arvo nap).

How long can the good runs go for? Battlefield Hardline rounds can be over in under 5 minutes so I find that's probably the easiest pick up and play game outside of Rogue Legacy at the moment for time restricted parent gamers.
Had a 4:23 min game of heist today wtf. Still think it's better than this.

Probably my most played game on Ps4. Couldn't log exactly the amount of time. Plus I've done two save files.

Depends how much time you sink on each floor. Plus the random pick ups. No rush really, love exploring every room and the secret rooms.

Able boot up save file at the point you left off. I'm shocked at how many people refused to download or play game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back