Inferno

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2006
Tramland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
So I've had a wattlebird attacking my bedroom window on and off for four years now around about breeding season (i.e. now). This time it's been especially bad and will start attacking it all day from dawn to dusk. The glass is tinted so it would be even more reflective I guess.

I've tried putting plastic snakes on the window sill but one it figured them out it just knocks them off. I'm pretty over either having to sleep in the spare room or being woken up before 6am every morning.

Anyway, any thoughts on what to do to make it stop? I'm well and truly ready to go down the 'kill the thing in the most brutal fashion possible' road right about now because I'm that sick of it, but one which would just make it stop would work too.

I've had a similar experience with a blackbird tapping on my window at 6am and printed out two pictures of cats, one snarling and one looking ready to pounce. I stuck them on the window and to my suprise it actually worked and I haven't had an issue since.
Good luck, my latest problem is getting a possum to stop acting as an alarm clock in my wall at 5am.

neroblack have you tried one and they've worked?

Yeh got one on my back deck to stop birds from hanging around and crapping on everything. Does the trick - different kinds of birds but still worth a go from the sound of things.

image.jpg

Edit. Just came across this:

Bird Netting. You can use bird netting to drape the grape vines with a special net developed to keep out birds. Although bird netting give some sort of protection, it is not fool proof. Draping the netting over grape vines is a time consuming job and no mechanical manipulations (like mechanical harvesting) can be done before the netting is removed again.

Visual repellents. We see grape growers use shiny streamers and other shiny and fluttering objects like small mirrors hanging from strings, to repel birds, but as with the gas guns, birds acclimate to these objects quickly. Some grape growers stretch plastic strings over the vineyard and these strings will vibrate in the wind and make a low irritation sound that could repel unwanted birds.

http://djsgrowers.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/bird-control.html

LOL @ "bad boy", I tried Harold Hoot with my annoying possum problem and they simply made friends with him. Now they just say 'hello' to him as they walk past. :D
Hahah.
Same .
The missus bought one to scare possums, the possums used it for all night sex parties....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I looked at this thread title and thought "there's a joke here about a feathered creature criticising Microsoft's graphical operating systems", but I just couldn't word it properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back