Bishop's 2015 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hibberd is most likely still available at 16(21) Gold Coast need KPP'ers look for them to bid on Hipwood at 6 (8) to try and force our hand and even if we don't bite they get a local kid who should play lots of games

GC need quality across the board. I would actually say they need more midfielders (QUALITY) actually. Their midfield really drops away after the first 2-3.

Bishop

Club Legend
May 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hibberd is most likely still available at 16(21) Gold Coast need KPP'ers look for them to bid on Hipwood at 6 (8) to try and force our hand and even if we don't bite they get a local kid who should play lots of games

Most clubs don't get sucked in to what they need- Most go best available with their first pick. Lions will match Hipwood & Gold Coast know that.

Bishop

Club Legend
May 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I've updated my Final Power rankings in the second post. This is purely how I rate the players (65) in the list & is not a phantom draft.

I'll be working on an early Phantom Draft to be released early next week, before a final one on Draft day.

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Sydney didn't match it Silvagni would be fired and burned alive by your mob, which would be fun to watch.
If Sydney didn't match it it would be far worse for them. Would you prefer the best mid in the draft or a few 3rd round selections in a shallow draft?
That's the thing with trading down picks for points in the new system. There's no chance of passing so clubs can nominate the academy kids early and there's not much that the academy teams can do about it.

Yeah you've said this a few times across the site and there is no way it is true. We bat deep in our midfield and very thin on key position forwards, especially talented ones. If GWS decided to let us have him we would be knackered.
Disagree. Brisbane's biggest weakness is in the midfield department IMO.

Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Disagree. Brisbane's biggest weakness is in the midfield department IMO.

We were weak in the midfield this year as most of them spend extended periods out injured. When we have a normal injury run there'll be a reasonable amount of depth. Rockliff, Hanley and Beams are all A graders and we've a solid supporting cast to run through there. In addition we'll be adding Keays this year and top prospect Allison next year.
We will be hoping that Josh Walker, Freeman, McStay and Close can manage up forward. None of these players are guaranteed to make it, and if they do we yet know if they'll be quality. Schache is the closest thing we've been able to get to an A grade forward since Browny.
All clubs can use more quality mids, but we've a desperate need for quality forwards. Plus I old imagine that the Academy clubs would be less likely to make high bids on each other's talent.

DraftMe

Team Captain
Nov 14, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
5UHU21k.png

----
aaak9UT.png

---
IycTaDs.png
What are your knocks on Gresham? I rate him pretty close to the best 10 players in this draft (think he will go 15-20).

AmayaAria

Draftee
Nov 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know there is talk about clubs wanting to get all these mature agers- People I have spoken to aren't as sure. All it takes is one club to be interested in you- Next minute you're a rookie listed player.

Bishop

Club Legend
May 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
What are your knocks on Gresham? I rate him pretty close to the best 10 players in this draft (think he will go 15-20).

I don't find him damaging- A lot of his disposals are short kicks or sideways- They don't really impact the game- Hence why a few question marks.

Oliver will be Top 8 in the draft (without academy bids), Some clubs are bullish about Burton his injury was like a car crash. One scout I know said his club hasn't even looked at him as an option- as they just can't trust him. He'll fall around the 20s. I think Oliver is the only bolter at the moment, but someone like David Cunningham who most people didn't know about should bolt close to the top 20.

As above, Oliver will be off to Melbourne at Pick 7 I believe. Burton should slide, Gold Coast like Hibberd but I don't think they'll use Pick 6 on him.

I don't like his chances. He had 1 game with more than 20 disposals for Geelong Falcons, he's got pretty good endurance but I don't think he'll be able to transition into a mid. More of an athletic 2nd/3rd tall. He doesn't really use his big body sense in traffic as an inside mid so I can't see him developing into one.

Blues probably won't get a chance to get their hands on him, as I believe Curnow will go to Dees with Pick 3.
Was this club us? I've heard we've shown little interest compared to other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bishop

Club Legend
May 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Very much disagree. No way the dees take Milera and Paish slipping to 6

Parish will get past Essendon & Melbourne- So I believe Gold Coast will take him. I was a bit 50/50 regarding the Milera one, They could go H.McKay, but after already taking a tall I'm not convinced they would.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Very much disagree. No way the dees take Milera and Paish slipping to 6
If Melbourne go Curnow I can genuinely see Essendon and Gold Coast making those choices. I don't see a big gap at all between Oliver and Parish.

Milera probably isn't the preferred choice for Melbourne but I'm not sure they'd be fans of Francis or McKay either. I wouldn't be overly shocked if a Darcy Tucker or Ryan Clarke came in to contention there.

VanDemonxx

Club Legend
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
If Melbourne go Curnow I can genuinely see Essendon and Gold Coast making those choices. I don't see a big gap at all between Oliver and Parish.

Milera probably isn't the preferred choice for Melbourne but I'm not sure they'd be fans of Francis or McKay either. I wouldn't be overly shocked if a Darcy Tucker or Ryan Clarke came in to contention there.
Ryan Clarke? Sorry mate but it seems like youve got nfi

Bishop

Club Legend
May 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I've updated my final phantom draft is the opening few posts.

Seems like the Top 10 is starting to take shape, until it hits Carlton's pick where it opens right up.

dwoody15

Debutant
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Crows will take Curnow before Milera. Already have enough similar players to Milera.

I've updated my final phantom draft is the opening few posts.

Seems like the Top 10 is starting to take shape, until it hits Carlton's pick where it opens right up.
Essentially does this mean that nobody has a clue what Carlton are going to do?

Personally I think Melbourne are taking Milera, with the next three picks going Weiderman, McKay, Curnow.

King Kunta

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why waste your time going to visit Milera in Adelaide during the last week if you knew you weren't interested at 7?

We'll find out soon enough.

I'd say they'd look at Milera if Weideman and Curnow were gone at pick 7. That doesn't look likely though. We'll see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back