Black Bookers - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Really liked Rock Vantage's maiden win and had an interest bet on it at Caulfield just now.

Got way out of it and never a winning chance.

Last rounding to home turn, however made up plenty of ground along the inside to finish in around 6th.

Follow up.

Think it should get out to 1400-1600.

Il Cavallo and Washington Square great debuts at Sandown Il Cavallo is 2nd emerg this sat in the golden slipper

Watch out for a horse called Eclair Big Bang, in the spring. It looks to be a very, very good horse. Saw it's last start in SA, and it's turn of foot looked group 1 like, didn't touch the whip, in fact the Jockey didn't do much at all. Also Balotelli, raced at Donald last week, missed the start by a big margin, got beat by an inch.

Hazard - When fields for this Saturday came out I thought she'd be favourite but then when markets came up she was one of the outsiders in an even race at $13. May not have the score on the board to the extent that some of the others in this race do, but I feel she is the one coming through the grades and has more improvement.

Hazard went terribly. No where near the form she showed in her run prior.

Hmmmm... Since this she has won 4 in a row across a spell.

It's Ten Doeschate like the cricketer, right? Ten-Da-Scart-uh sorta thing.

The Mount Gambier bloke always calls it Ten Do-Shatey :oops:

sigh i know.. yes named after the cricketer.. and yeah buttergieg always gets it wrong.. he's in my backyard right now recovering from a nasty abscess on his right back paw.. will be back on track in no time winning at the mount.

http://www.racingnetwork.com.au/rekindled-interest-back-to-best/tabid/83/newsid/15289/default.aspx

"COX Plate contender Rekindled Interest heads towards next month’s Epsom Handicap in career-best form.
That’s the glowing assessment from trainer Jimmy Conlan after Rekindled Interest returned to racing after an 11-month break with a second behind Le Bonsir in the listed Drummond Gold Stakes yesterday at Moonee Valley."
Keep an eye on this one. Really disappointed I didnt have some cash on for the place on Sat. Paid around $9.50 for the place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.racingnetwork.com.au/rekindled-interest-back-to-best/tabid/83/newsid/15289/default.aspx

"COX Plate contender Rekindled Interest heads towards next month’s Epsom Handicap in career-best form.
That’s the glowing assessment from trainer Jimmy Conlan after Rekindled Interest returned to racing after an 11-month break with a second behind Le Bonsir in the listed Drummond Gold Stakes yesterday at Moonee Valley."
Keep an eye on this one. Really disappointed I didnt have some cash on for the place on Sat. Paid around $9.50 for the place.

Career best form is a bit of a stretch though isn't it! He's only raced once in a year and the race on the weekend wasn't very strong. He would have to be going pretty well to get back to his 4yo form. Anyway, I hope he is going that good i'm a fan of his.

Watch out for a horse called Eclair Big Bang, in the spring. It looks to be a very, very good horse. Saw it's last start in SA, and it's turn of foot looked group 1 like, didn't touch the whip, in fact the Jockey didn't do much at all. Also Balotelli, raced at Donald last week, missed the start by a big margin, got beat by an inch.

Still wondering what the deal is with Balotelli, it's run was huge, hasn't raced or trialed since. (Oh, and a sneaky bump of EBB)

Miracle of Life?? What do we reckon?
3YO's have just caught up with her now that they've developed a bit, still a nice filly just hasn't got that advantage anymore.

Her run the other day wasn't bad though and should be peak fitness now, so if you like her I'd go again.

Still wondering what the deal is with Balotelli, it's run was huge, hasn't raced or trialed since. (Oh, and a sneaky bump of EBB)
Smerdon no longer listed as trainer, in fact there's no trainer listed on RVL site, so it's either gone amiss or inbetween stables and you'll see it pop up at Northam or Rocky somewhere :p

Just on EBB, he can get the same suck run in the Guineas as he did in the prelude with El Roca drawn inside him, so I wouldn't be far off backing him again. Still needs to relax a bit better though to run out the mile strong, but obviously bred to get much further in time :thumbsu:

How good was Rock Hero last week. Looked cooked after he missed the start by 4 lengths, then was near last and on the fence with no hope at the 400m, loomed up but looked to weaken slightly at the 200m was going to run a game 4th or 5th but clicked up and went whoosh and won by a head. If he jumps I don't see how they beat him.

agree kardinia early in the week i used betstar and put him into multiples with ebb , disident and prince harada i just hope he gets a good jump would love to see how fast he could go

I think Miracles Of Life is a massive chance.

I think that they need to take off the jockey, just not good enough.

Just read and this may explain everything...

https://www.racingnetwork.com.au/spring-over-for-miracles-of-life/tabid/83/newsid/15819/default.aspx

"Miracles Of Life suffered a degree of internal bleeding attack during Saturday’s $250,000 Blue Sapphire Stakes (1200m) at Caulfield.
Veterinary surgeons inspected the Blue Diamond winner after jockey Lauren Stojakovic reported to stewards that the filly did not feel right in its action after crossing the line in seventh position behind Lion of Belfort.
Stojakovic said she had concerns from the time the gates opened and noted the three-year-old was “only just travelling” for most of the $250,000 race.
Veterinary stewards reports that during the course of exercise Miracles Of Life endured a pulmonary hemorrhage, which, in layman’s language, means suffered an internal bleeding attack.
There is no ban from racing associated with an internal bleed.
Trainer Daniel Clarken said he now intends to spell Miracles of Life."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back