Black Diamond AFL - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
should have been playing 1s for most of the year!

then he might not have won the medal

and bdafl wake up to yourselves PLEEEEEEEEAASE ... gate entry is far too high for our humble league finals ... note - you are double the price of an NEAFL final ... :confused:
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 4
GWS GIANTS v EASTLAKE
Manuka Oval
Gates open 8.15am, game starts 2pm
ADMISSION Adults $6, Concession $2, Children under 16 FREE

agreed whole heartedly. They are kidding themselves. Any passer by thinks about sticking their head in for a sticky beek wont bother at all once there's a cover charge.

can appreciate gate takings are another income stream but this should be revised. They need to do all they can to encourage patronage of these games. save the cover charges for the shitty local night clubs.

Back to the footy. Can Cardiff topple Terrigal. You'd think so. Did they have many regulars out when they were beaten by Terrigal in the last clash? If it's a dry day it will suit Cardiff?

In the ressies....should be an even contest. Again a dry day could suit Nelson Bay who lost the last encounter in wet conditions by a slim margin. 1 win a piece between these 2 sides.

Cant comment on the u/18's though. Another good game no doubt.

Massive day of footy tomorrow. Very hard to split all 3 games.

My predictions are 1st grade Terrigal by 12 points. Just got that little bit more experience and won both times v Cardiff this year. Cardiff are going to be bloody scary again in 2-3 years with some of the kids they have coming through!

Reserves- Nelson Bay by a goal. Just think they may have a bit more run in their side than City and a bit more goalkicking power. Hard to split them but

18s- Killarney Vale by 9 points. Nelson Bay have been the side to beat this year but looked like they relied on too few against Warners Bay. Killarney bat pretty deep and have a fair bit of quaility all over the ground. Also if these predictions are right we will have 6 different clubs represented in grand finals which should result in a huge crowd and heaps of interest in all games provided people can afford the ridiculous entry prices!! Come on BDAFL our standard is nowhere near the NEAFL. Make it attractive for people to come and make up the money by selling more beers and food because there is a heap of people there.

By the way well done to the award winners the other night. Ben Hodges just a great footballer and great bloke. Thoroughly deserving winner of the award. James Foot who had a great year for Cardiff and Matty Spinks getting reward for hard work in the 18s. Well done all and good luck to all teams this weekend

PRELIM FINAL RESULTS:

Under 18
Nelson Bay
vs
Killarney Vale
Reserve Grade
Newcastle City
vs
Nelson Bay
Black Diamond Cup
Terrigal Avoca
vs
Cardiff

Grand final time!!

City V Cardiff in 1's
Cardiff V Nelsons in 2's
Warners V Nelsons in 18's

Should be pretty good games with not much in the lower grades,and Cardiff showing this week they can step up for finals.
these 2 were prob always going to go at it ( 4 years in a row) maybe Cardiff can turn the tables (hope its close at least)

That time of the year again. Grand Finals. Good luck to all the teams involved.

Can anyone please tell me, have they announced who the umpires are???

Field: Roger Crowhurst(6th GF), Aden Kittel (1st GF), Jackson Stokes (1st GF)
Boundary: Chris Alexander, Shannon Oeser
Goal: Paul Best, Phillip Marriott

Good luck to both sides!

time for grand final picks

city by 24 in black diamond
stewart (city) mcbain medal

cardiff by 12 in reserves

nelson bay in 18s.

should be good days footie and hopefully crowds get there despite weather and prices

Congrats city for winning their 4th flag in a row which this one was also undefeated. An amazing effort

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great first grade grandfinal. Intensity was high, attack at the ball was ferocious with constant pressure being applied. This would have to be one of the only grandfinals in a long time that Cardiff werent favourites.

The first 15mins probably cast some doubt as to the result and it still could have gone either way early into the last quarter but the larger City side flexed their muscle and turned the game on its head to grab their 4th straight premiership....all achieved by toppling Cardiff on every occasion.

The young Cardiff side can hold their heads very high. Some slight bodies out there but it wasnt really obvious. They ran hard all day and didnt back away from the contest. In 2 years time they could once again be a major force.

Ressies wasnt too bad. A lot more open game without as much pressure. The tall dark fella from Cardiff seemed to rip it up but didnt get BOG??

A bad day for Nelson Bay, losing 2 grand finals with Warners getting up in the 18's.

Now what to make of 2012. No more Gosford. Singleton on the up but still not finals bound just yet?? Are Nelson Bay going up to 1sts? Personally I dont think their ready yet. Sure they made the GF which is fine but that side certainly isnt Singleton 09/10!

Great first grade grandfinal. Intensity was high, attack at the ball was ferocious with constant pressure being applied. This would have to be one of the only grandfinals in a long time that Cardiff werent favourites.

The first 15mins probably cast some doubt as to the result and it still could have gone either way early into the last quarter but the larger City side flexed their muscle and turned the game on its head to grab their 4th straight premiership....all achieved by toppling Cardiff on every occasion.

The young Cardiff side can hold their heads very high. Some slight bodies out there but it wasnt really obvious. They ran hard all day and didnt back away from the contest. In 2 years time they could once again be a major force.

Ressies wasnt too bad. A lot more open game without as much pressure. The tall dark fella from Cardiff seemed to rip it up but didnt get BOG??

A bad day for Nelson Bay, losing 2 grand finals with Warners getting up in the 18's.

Now what to make of 2012. No more Gosford. Singleton on the up but still not finals bound just yet?? Are Nelson Bay going up to 1sts? Personally I dont think their ready yet. Sure they made the GF which is fine but that side certainly isnt Singleton 09/10!

2012 will be interesting, i thought they were going up? could be wrong though. They were no where near as dominant but neither were Macquarie and after 1 season and a gf loss they stepped up, so who knows!!

If Nelsons dont go up and Woy woy stay in 2's and Maitland join we are going to have a big diff in the amount of teams in the 2 grades!!!

What will the bdafl do?

2012 will be interesting, i thought they were going up? could be wrong though. They were no where near as dominant but neither were Macquarie and after 1 season and a gf loss they stepped up, so who knows!!

If Nelsons dont go up and Woy woy stay in 2's and Maitland join we are going to have a big diff in the amount of teams in the 2 grades!!!

What will the bdafl do?

I really hope they don't go up mainly because I cant see them cutting it in the senior comp, Maybe if they had won a couple of ressies flags then you could make a case for Nelsons stepping up.

Will be interesting to see how Singo, Dockers and Wyong come along next season, all had some descent showings this season which is an improvement on the past.

Next year I'd say it'll be Cardiff V City in the Grand Final again. Cant see many leaving from City and their Location means they will remain strong and Cardiff have made every GF bar 1 since 1997 ( something like 13 grand finals ) whilst City in the same time have made 7, Both clubs have won 5 so you'd be hard pressed to not see them playing off again next year.

I really hope they don't go up mainly because I cant see them cutting it in the senior comp, Maybe if they had won a couple of ressies flags then you could make a case for Nelsons stepping up.

Will be interesting to see how Singo, Dockers and Wyong come along next season, all had some descent showings this season which is an improvement on the past.

Next year I'd say it'll be Cardiff V City in the Grand Final again. Cant see many leaving from City and their Location means they will remain strong and Cardiff have made every GF bar 1 since 1997 ( something like 13 grand finals ) whilst City in the same time have made 7, Both clubs have won 5 so you'd be hard pressed to not see them playing off again next year.

Wyong won a couple in a row and still didnt set the world on fire tho!!
Agree if they were to step up, the need to 'step up' in the offseason and try and recruit as much as possible as well as develop their 'lesser' players in this years team (and their 18's) who had a good year.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is being very optimistic!! City and Cardiff rarely lose players and always replace them, what about the others:
Terr lose the most dominant forward of the comp,KV still dev their kids for another year or 2(if they stay) and Warners cant quite reach that level (altho good 18's this year may help).

Singo will unfortunately lose momentum as has happened to Mac since stepping up and Wyong are losing at least 4 of their best next year!!
If Nelsons do step up I believe they could compete with these sides at least.

Not good to hear about Wyong losing good players...that would basically cripple that side...maybe Nelson Bay should switch with Wyong if that's the case??

Whats this talk of Maitland??? Great to hear another side joining the comp but hopefully there is some depth.

Personally I think for season 2011 massive credit to the Gosford boys that fronted up to play City in the last round. Basically one team playing 2 games against one of the strongest clubs in terms of depth and numbers. From what I was told their first grade coach didnt show and they didnt have any trainers. Massive effort those who had the guts to front up that day and have a crack.

Whatever the case, heading into the future I think some emphasis should be put into reducing the geographic stretch of the league. For a typical senior footy player from the coast to the trip to Singleton or Nelson Bay on a pretty dreary winters day just doesnt cut the mustard.

Re: Wyong they had there best overall year with 18's making finals the 2's winning some games and the 1's competing(most weekends) of the four players 3 have 'retired' one is a gun but in late thirties,one a kpp but also near that age bracket, and the other is 18!!!maybe he just needs a break!! lol
Heard at the pub the player playing on next year is off to City so good luck stopping them next year!!

Maitland have applied/in talks with bdafl to join as senior club with 18's and 2's teams, they have a full junior compliment and are at least a little out of the city, so player wise should have there own rather than take from existing clubs, I hope they join but not sure if they need new colours as they are the saints.

Wyong would still be the same mark as Nelsons,promote them and hope, I want them to have the depth and put in a 2's team as well, they have good juniors so hope they make it work!!

Gossy will play in Sydney next year BUT I wouldnt rule them out from returning if our league puts in 3 grades and regarding the travel maybe instead of 3 grades based on ability it could be a combined top div and then seperete lower grades with a Newwy comp and a Coast 1.This way your players that really just want a game withiut hours of travel could play local! Hope the league decides on at least 1 of these options!!!

again not good to hear about Wyong losing some key players especially the last comment regarding the player heading to City. Would like to think this is because they are moving to the immediate area?

Certainly cant write Cardiff off. Amazingly how consistent they've been over the entire duration of the BDAFL and those slight bodies that lined up against City will start to fill out as they get those games under their belt.

Whatever the case 2012 will differ to this year at the very least due to no Gosford.

For those that are interested Nathan elsworthy ex kv bomber player will be umpiring the NEAFL GF between ainsle and NT thunder in Alice springs on Saturday..not bad for his 2nd year of full time umpiring

well done Nathan. It shows the other guys out there that anyone can do it with a bit of effort. To do it in two years shows how quickly umpires get promoted in this state and why umpiring is such a good option for any junior (or senior) player who doesn't "quite make the grade".

Anyone out there know what clubs(and teams) have nominated for next year?

I have heard 9 for 1's with Nelsons stepping up instead of Gossy, but only 10 teams in 2's and 18's? Assuming the 'usual' suspects are there,who is missing out?
I have heard Maitland are in but not sure if Woy are fielding 2's/18's without Gossy's help

Anyone out there know what clubs(and teams) have nominated for next year?

I have heard 9 for 1's with Nelsons stepping up instead of Gossy, but only 10 teams in 2's and 18's? Assuming the 'usual' suspects are there,who is missing out?
I have heard Maitland are in but not sure if Woy are fielding 2's/18's without Gossy's help

I have seen you mention the Maitland thing a number of times, but to be honest I haven't heard anything re that info. I live in the area and have some interest in the Newcastle Junior comp and agree that expanding into a new area is good, but cant see where the numbers would come from.
They would need 40 guys to field a reserves team and probably 25 for an 18's team for the season which is a big build from nothing.
Many of their 14's palyed in the 16's so they may be too young to play 18's.

Just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back