Black Diamond AFL - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the leagues website,and by talking to a few ppl around the grounds,there are quite a few clubs/teams yet to comfirm coaches for next year. Still plenty of time before kick off but obviously the sooner they are locked in the better.

Also a long way before becoming a reality for next year but looks like divisions(along with the demise of 18's grade) has already had an effect on how the comp will look next year!

Manly have been promoted to premier div in Sydney afl after a couple years dominating(including underfeated year this time around) sound a little like Singleton? Surely with the influx of new teams next year their promotion is a certain!!!

The idea that teams will be more competitive each week demands they go up as they were way too good this year,and with 'lesser' teams joining div 1 this would only continue next year!!

7 team divisions seems to be the way to go IF all proposed teams get off the ground! It looks like Maitland want a 2nd team to enter,Terrigal and Dockers want a 3rd side as well as City continuing the trend they started last year. No word on Wyong or Nelson's putting in a 2nd side as yet altho if not next year prob the year after would be the plan.

A (very early) thought on next years format

Premier div:
Terrigal
City
Cardiff
KV
Warners
Dockers
Singleton

1st div:
Terrigal
City
Cardiff
Warners
Wyong
Nelsons
Maitland

2nd div:
KV
Terrigal
Dockers
City
Maitland
Singleton
Dockers???

Not sure that Dockers will get 3 teams,and even if they do surely both 2nd and 3rd teams belong in 2nd div (at least for the time being). KV look to be way too strong in that grade but other than that a great way for new/young and even old players to join/rejoin our game and not get belted by 150 points!!

The draw is always a pain but surely if we are heading to a point where we have 3 grade clubs the draw should be as friendly to them as possible to help with resources etc

The 1st div could be resonably close with Wyong and Nelsons favoured to win, City,Cardiff normally pretty strong (wyongs best used to struggle to beat them) Warners have won 2nd and 3rd grade in recent years,Terrigal appear to be building with a great prem div team and Maitland did really well in their 1st year and surely will only continue to improve

Premier div always has City and Cardiff as the benchmarks but Terrigal have proven they can match them when it counts and KV certainly have their day as well.
Warners seem to struggle to get to that next level and the Dockers are trying to improve.
Singleton will want to show they can match it so they dont get dropped down to kick and giggle which they are much too strong for!!

Any thoughts people? I do think there will be more teams/clubs joining in 2014 so hopefully this will help all clubs/teams to play competitive games week in/out

A (very early) thought on next years format

Premier div:
Terrigal
City
Cardiff
KV
Warners
Dockers
Singleton

1st div:
Terrigal
City
Cardiff
Warners
Wyong
Nelsons
Maitland

2nd div:
KV
Terrigal
Dockers
City
Maitland
Singleton
Dockers???

If dockers get 3 teams there's no way they'd have 2 teams in one division

GM role part time for 2013. My mail is Garry Burkinshaw is a shoe in for the gig.

Word is the divisions based on what the clubs are saying are looking as follows:

Premier div:
Terrigal
City
Cardiff
KV
Warners
Dockers
Singleton

1st div:
Terrigal 2
City 2
Cardiff 2
Warners 2
Dockers 2
KV 2
Nelson Bay 1
Maitland 1

2nd div:
Terrigal 3
Dockers 3
City 3
Warners 3
Maitland 2
Singleton 2
Nelson Bay 2
Wyong

I also hear Cardiff are on the move, and could be looking at a seahorse moniker...

If dockers get 3 teams there's no way they'd have 2 teams in one division

Agree mick, they would be the most 'optimistic' with plans for 3 teams you would think. As I said not sure they would have numbers but if they did both their lower teams would belong in that grade (standard wise) otherwise they would get destoyed in div 1 and probably lose both lower teams by years end!!

GM role part time for 2013. My mail is Garry Burkinshaw is a shoe in for the gig.

Word is the divisions based on what the clubs are saying are looking as follows:

Premier div:
Terrigal
City
Cardiff
KV
Warners
Dockers
Singleton

1st div:
Terrigal 2
City 2
Cardiff 2
Warners 2
Dockers 2
KV 2
Nelson Bay 1
Maitland 1

2nd div:
Terrigal 3
Dockers 3
City 3
Warners 3
Maitland 2
Singleton 2
Nelson Bay 2
Wyong

I also hear Cardiff are on the move, and could be looking at a seahorse moniker...

Wow garry back after his sydney stint? Is he bringing Gossy with him?lol Good bloke with a ton of knowledge,if true would be happy (we could do much worse!)

Insider, as pauline hanson used to say 'please explain?' Will be great if all those clubs get 3 teams up (I have been pushing this for a long time) but am also realistic in that some may get up and running quicker than others. Hope all clubs have some success!

My please explain is directed at Nelsons getting 2 teams up altho I know they did have good 18's, Wyong in div 2? who would get near them? (and maybe I should have a run lol), did Muswellbrook apply to have their senior team in? and Cardiff?????? On the move as in heading to Sydney? (as I know they want a team from here in premier div eventually) and im guessing losing the 'hawk'?

My please explain is directed at Nelsons getting 2 teams up altho I know they did have good 18's, Wyong in div 2? who would get near them? (and maybe I should have a run lol), did Muswellbrook apply to have their senior team in? and Cardiff?????? On the move as in heading to Sydney? (as I know they want a team from here in premier div eventually) and im guessing losing the 'hawk'?

Wyong will be punished for not having their house in order. Why should other clubs accommodate them as a one team club?
Muswellbrook - Sydney says no (would kill off their current league)
How you get Sydney from a seahorse is beyond me Noodles. Google the significance of a seahorse to Newcastle pal...

Wyong will be punished for not having their house in order. Why should other clubs accommodate them as a one team club?
How you get Sydney from a seahorse is beyond me Noodles. Google the significance of a seahorse to Newcastle pal...

The powers that be must be concerned about the likes of Wyong. Have been treading water for a number of years now, do they have plans to get a couple of sides up again? What are the long term plans for them in the future?

Would be a good move for the Hawks if that happened Insider. Would definitely result in a much better surface and sized ground if they went through with it, as well as give the code a real presence in there. Will be interesting to see how that develops.

Will be interesting to see how clubs who have the 3 sides go next year. Would it make more sense to advertise the 3rd tier of footy as a more social type competition, and play 17 1/2 minute quarters and possibly 16 a side? Only thinking reduced numbers as for most clubs to field 3 sides you would need to have 100 senior players on the books, a I cant see every club having 66 blokes available every weekend. Playing 16 a side would open it up a bit more and create a bit more space and take a little bit of pressure off when it comes to finding numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Insider, agree that Muswellbrook joining right now would kill their league if/when Narribri get up again the Cats should move as it makes more sense(juniors now play Newwy) and alot closer than Inverell etc!

Agree that teams need thier house in order (dont see Wyong as disfuntional) just divs came in a year too late for them to have 2 sides (they were struggling with numbers due to the fact they were getting smashed in top grade and bottom) think they would fair much better now given their div 1 team would nearly be favourites and their 2's would play against most other clubs 3's!!! Dockers made finals and barely won a game the previous year or 2!

As for punishment? I dont think winning every game they play by over 100 will hurt their self esteem too much lol In any case it may be a moot point as I just got a msg from them saying 2 sides look likely for the year (they had their 1st run yesterday)

As for Cardiff mate I obviously misunderstood (sue me!) just thought 'on the move' ment looking at other comps, not new grounds!! It took me 10 years to finish year 12 (so the uni symbol means squat to me!!)

The powers that be must be concerned about the likes of Wyong. Have been treading water for a number of years now, do they have plans to get a couple of sides up again? What are the long term plans for them in the future?

Would be a good move for the Hawks if that happened Insider. Would definitely result in a much better surface and sized ground if they went through with it, as well as give the code a real presence in there. Will be interesting to see how that develops.

Will be interesting to see how clubs who have the 3 sides go next year. Would it make more sense to advertise the 3rd tier of footy as a more social type competition, and play 17 1/2 minute quarters and possibly 16 a side? Only thinking reduced numbers as for most clubs to field 3 sides you would need to have 100 senior players on the books, a I cant see every club having 66 blokes available every weekend. Playing 16 a side would open it up a bit more and create a bit more space and take a little bit of pressure off when it comes to finding numbers.

Hey Deitzy, as mentioned in previous post it now looks more likely Wyong will get 2 teams up.
They always had new blokes each year have a run,but lost most again as the beltings added up (repeat the year after)etc
How is the ground Cardiff may move too? Compared to others in the comp ie drainage,lights? etc as stated before iv never been there!

Like the 3rd grade option with 16 a side, give it a more 'social' feel,hoping it becomes a success as I feel we could see some good growth in numbers!

hello all some interesting post but im here to give you the lay of the land for season 2013 club by club

CARDIFF will not make grand final in prem div this year after a aging player list and termoil with some promising young players leaving to play in syd and will not make finals in 1st div which will make there bad financial situation worse

KILARNEY VALE after high hopes of somehow playing sydney this year after playing terrible they will bounce back and finish 3rd in prem div after player disharmony in 2012 which led to many good players playing the div 2 they might get promoted about warners for having a consisitent year besides finals but are worried about batuea bay coming into comp for new players

LAKE MAQUAURIE made alot of noise about doing something in 2012 but were lucky to win a game another year for 1 or 2 wins in store and maybe put back in div 1 , div 2 side happy to just to play footy

MAITLAND might be promoted with the onset of a second side they were very good in patches in 2012 but didnt make the impact in the finals they should have may get players from city and cardiff joining so might do ok in the upcoming season

NELSON BAY talk of a second team are looming but were solid in 2012 needed more of fight from what i saw in the final against singo, but from resullts i have seen have a terrible away record maybe city players to re join them in the new year? looks fav to win 1st div if dockers dont come back

NEWCASTLE CITY might have 3 teams again but highly unlikely with players been given better oppurtunites in 2013 i tip to finish 4th in prem and 2nd in 1st div

SINGLETON showed they shoudl have been prem div maybe ahead of dockers will challenge for 4th spot in prem div but div 2 side will just be for the social footballers but a club on the move only saw there gf win but looked good

TERRIGAL has a solid base they will have 3 sides in 2013 but will finish 2 and 4 and last in the three divs there is also talk about players leaving for syd and other bdafl clubs including warners bay

WARNERS BAY just keep on being the middle of the pack in prem div talk of getting players from the premiers this year will help them maybe win one finals but will go no where in 2013 div 2 won the final but wont be promoted over kv or maitland

WYONG looks like one team this year very little info on what 2013 hold but most likely finish 3rd in div 2 but have heard rumours of the club wanting to join sydney

So Cardiff are on the move?? Perhaps may be forced by the council if they don't chose too. Major ground issues at council who don't want to spend a cent of the facilities.

They have been looking at no 1 as a home for 2013, not sure council sees that as an option, a move to Newcastle Uni ? Maybe due to Noel McMahon now working at the Uni that is a chance of occuring.

The concern is that the Hawks seem to be doing alot of shuffling deck chairs, but still the same old chairs exist.

Will be interesting to see how many City players move on after failing to make the GF this year - some aging legs at that club atm.

Lake Macquarie will be feeling the pressure in 2013 not wanting to finish last in Prem Division after a Div 1 team Singleton gets promoted. Whilst they are arguably the strongest club off field, they need to bring some on field results sooner rather than later.

KV will be looking to a new out of town coach in 2013 to improve on their disppointing 2012 season. They started the season with a bit of promise but failed to capitalise on good early season form.

Word from Terrigal is that James Webster and Jay Lewis will be added to their list in 2013 or so a mate of Jay's has told some locals. If this occurs I can't see anyone stopping Terrigal going back to back.

Singleton are looking for a new coach but I hear not everyone at the club is convibced promotion to Premeir Division is the right option for the club in 2013. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

A number of clubs have started training already with Warners Bay having good numbers (40) on their first night. A number of players have re-surfaced at the kennel after missing the 2012. Perhaps a few more wins are in order for the Dogs next year.

Could not agree more Deitzy ... need some imagination in this for next season ... 16 a side with max 6 on bench if needed

hello all some interesting post but im here to give you the lay of the land for season 2013 club by club

CARDIFF will not make grand final in prem div this year after a aging player list and termoil with some promising young players leaving to play in syd and will not make finals in 1st div which will make there bad financial situation worse

KILARNEY VALE after high hopes of somehow playing sydney this year after playing terrible they will bounce back and finish 3rd in prem div after player disharmony in 2012 which led to many good players playing the div 2 they might get promoted about warners for having a consisitent year besides finals but are worried about batuea bay coming into comp for new players

LAKE MAQUAURIE made alot of noise about doing something in 2012 but were lucky to win a game another year for 1 or 2 wins in store and maybe put back in div 1 , div 2 side happy to just to play footy

MAITLAND might be promoted with the onset of a second side they were very good in patches in 2012 but didnt make the impact in the finals they should have may get players from city and cardiff joining so might do ok in the upcoming season

NELSON BAY talk of a second team are looming but were solid in 2012 needed more of fight from what i saw in the final against singo, but from resullts i have seen have a terrible away record maybe city players to re join them in the new year? looks fav to win 1st div if dockers dont come back

NEWCASTLE CITY might have 3 teams again but highly unlikely with players been given better oppurtunites in 2013 i tip to finish 4th in prem and 2nd in 1st div

SINGLETON showed they shoudl have been prem div maybe ahead of dockers will challenge for 4th spot in prem div but div 2 side will just be for the social footballers but a club on the move only saw there gf win but looked good

TERRIGAL has a solid base they will have 3 sides in 2013 but will finish 2 and 4 and last in the three divs there is also talk about players leaving for syd and other bdafl clubs including warners bay

WARNERS BAY just keep on being the middle of the pack in prem div talk of getting players from the premiers this year will help them maybe win one finals but will go no where in 2013 div 2 won the final but wont be promoted over kv or maitland

WYONG looks like one team this year very little info on what 2013 hold but most likely finish 3rd in div 2 but have heard rumours of the club wanting to join sydney

why not base your posts on positive footy related info rather than the rubbish you wrote about cardiff - fact or fiction it serves no purpose at all

S

So who will finish first in prem?

Could not agree more Deitzy ... need some imagination in this for next season ... 16 a side with max 6 on bench if needed

Apparently the 'powers that be' arent overy aupportive of 3 teams at clubs. I have heard some are demanding min player numbers must be reached for the league to consider a clubs nomination!
I would have thought they would be more supportive of potential growth!!

Surely they would consider a 16 a side 2nd div with clubs 3's teams (after all they went ahead with that joke of an 18's comp with 3 and a half teams this year!!!!) Hope common sense prevails

Terrigal,City, Warners and Dockers have all submitted 3 teams to the league (and are oppointing coaches/advertising)

KV have coach confirmed as do Warners and City. Wyong not far away from announcing coach. Dockers have beachy again hope they improve (they may need to hand out a few more surfboards tho!)
Singleton looking for new coach,have all new ppl running the club and think they may be 50/50 on promotion (they need to tho or they will lose better players) Nelsons very quiet they have started training but they should be pushing for 2 teams (they have owned 16's the last few years,and had good 18's last year,they need someone demanding more numbers up there)

S

So who will finish first in prem?

Good question mik, hard to tell before we know ins/outs but if Terrigal ins are confirmed (esp Webster) as he played neafl last year, you would think they will be hard to stop!! Are they losing anyone (a few wispers/bullcrap depending if you believe it has some maybe heading up the Bay or even Sydney!!)

How are KV going? Seemed to start well this year but fell away in prem div. Also heard you are appying to put 2nd side in div 1(as Warners and Maitland have been given the nod) would this mean you want 3 teams to help stop the impact of Batto in 2014?

Good question mik, hard to tell before we know ins/outs but if Terrigal ins are confirmed (esp Webster) as he played neafl last year, you would think they will be hard to stop!! Are they losing anyone (a few wispers/bullcrap depending if you believe it has some maybe heading up the Bay or even Sydney!!)

How are KV going? Seemed to start well this year but fell away in prem div. Also heard you are appying to put 2nd side in div 1(as Warners and Maitland have been given the nod) would this mean you want 3 teams to help stop the impact of Batto in 2014?

Are you nominating for the board Noodles? You seem to know what is going on in the local footy community. I hear there are a few positions up for grabs for people at the moment!

I can see why the powers that be would be very sceptical about the introduction of 3rds sides in the comp and I am with them on this one. I dont know how many clubs seriously have the volunteers out there to be able to manage 3 sides, get them going each week, ensure the teams are full, have no players backing up etc. I think this is where clubs need to take some responsibility, seriously look at what they are able to achieve REALISTICALLY and work to what they are capable of managing. Lets be realistic- most footy clubs in the region run on the work of 5-8 people. To get another side up you need a coach, manager, timekeeper, umpire, ground manager etc on top of the people you already have involved. To me all it seems like is older blokes will hang around playing the game longer and isnt that what masters is for? What kid with any aspirations of playing the game would seriously want to play Div 3 footy? I think there is a fair bit of danger in clubs leaping before they have the cattle. I would really prefer to see more of the ex-players in the comp giving a little bit back through coaching or umpiring junior sides. Especially if they have kids getting involved in the game. You can see the difference it makes to junior clubs by having people who have been around the game involved.

The league should really look at introducing a rule where no more than 2 players can back up in a grade each week. It does nothing for the comp when you see a raft of blokes bolt off the field in a lower grade game to change their jumper for the next one, and does nothing for those players doing it either.

I thought the idea of introducing the divisions was to reduce the blow out scores and ease the burden on clubs. By introducing 3rds sides when clubs dont have at least 80 minimum committed players. What then happens during the year when injuries, lack of interest, holidays, suspensions knock a few blokes out for a few weeks? It all hits the fan and people are scraping sides together on Saturday mornings, people are playing under dodgy names, kids are playing 2 games of footy in a day, and volunteers are cracking it. We will no doubt see forfeits and this is a situation 100x worse than having byes.

Without knowing the inner workings of every club, I hope that committees are prepared for the work to field a 3rd opens side, and that if they go with it that it is successful. If it falls over for any reason, the blame must be shouldered by the club who have committed to something they are unable to manage, and not the league.

Consolidation should be the aim of all the clubs and building their top sides to win a Premier Div flag. Not putting their energy in to fielding a pub side in 3rd div.

Are you nominating for the board Noodles? You seem to know what is going on in the local footy community. I hear there are a few positions up for grabs for people at the moment!

I can see why the powers that be would be very sceptical about the introduction of 3rds sides in the comp and I am with them on this one. I dont know how many clubs seriously have the volunteers out there to be able to manage 3 sides, get them going each week, ensure the teams are full, have no players backing up etc. I think this is where clubs need to take some responsibility, seriously look at what they are able to achieve REALISTICALLY and work to what they are capable of managing. Lets be realistic- most footy clubs in the region run on the work of 5-8 people. To get another side up you need a coach, manager, timekeeper, umpire, ground manager etc on top of the people you already have involved. To me all it seems like is older blokes will hang around playing the game longer and isnt that what masters is for? What kid with any aspirations of playing the game would seriously want to play Div 3 footy? I think there is a fair bit of danger in clubs leaping before they have the cattle. I would really prefer to see more of the ex-players in the comp giving a little bit back through coaching or umpiring junior sides. Especially if they have kids getting involved in the game. You can see the difference it makes to junior clubs by having people who have been around the game involved.

The league should really look at introducing a rule where no more than 2 players can back up in a grade each week. It does nothing for the comp when you see a raft of blokes bolt off the field in a lower grade game to change their jumper for the next one, and does nothing for those players doing it either.

I thought the idea of introducing the divisions was to reduce the blow out scores and ease the burden on clubs. By introducing 3rds sides when clubs dont have at least 80 minimum committed players. What then happens during the year when injuries, lack of interest, holidays, suspensions knock a few blokes out for a few weeks? It all hits the fan and people are scraping sides together on Saturday mornings, people are playing under dodgy names, kids are playing 2 games of footy in a day, and volunteers are cracking it. We will no doubt see forfeits and this is a situation 100x worse than having byes.

Without knowing the inner workings of every club, I hope that committees are prepared for the work to field a 3rd opens side, and that if they go with it that it is successful. If it falls over for any reason, the blame must be shouldered by the club who have committed to something they are unable to manage, and not the league.

Consolidation should be the aim of all the clubs and building their top sides to win a Premier Div flag. Not putting their energy in to fielding a pub side in 3rd div.

Exact reasons why Cardiff will not field a third open age team ... unrealistic, and unfair to the league and the comp when things fall apart mid/late season

Focus on the U17 comp and working out how to fill the void between 17's and open age footy for these kids in 2014 ...

I know it is a much debated topic so interested in thoughts ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back