Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, their crowds are even more of a disgrace than before the alignment. You Dockers fans don't want to be totally and utterly mocked, attend some ******* games.

Mate I'm a Freo member and supported Perth Demons all my life but there is no way I would go and support that mob of s**t at centrelink stadium.

Mate I'm a Freo member and supported Perth Demons all my life but there is no way I would go and support that mob of s**t at centrelink stadium.
Haha fair call mate. It's more in reference to the fact that most (including the AFL clubs), when this was being proposed, were declaring that this would improve crowds dramatically and many supporters would now go and watch the WAFL. It was always bullshit and is now being proven so.

Haha fair call mate. It's more in reference to the fact that most (including the AFL clubs), when this was being proposed, were declaring that this would improve crowds dramatically and many supporters would now go and watch the WAFL. It was always bullshit and is now being proven so.

Yep I will probably go down tomorrow night as there is nothing else on Good Friday and have a look I wonder how many Freo members who wanted this alignment will turn up.

Yep I will probably go down tomorrow night as there is nothing else on Good Friday and have a look I wonder how many Freo members who wanted this alignment will turn up.
Except this is the Eagles alignment game, so I wouldn't expect Freo fans to turn up. Hard core WAFL fans will, Eagles fans will NOT.
Everyone said it before the alignment when it was being used as promotional paraphernalia, the supporters of each AFL club will swell the crowds and make the grounds burst at the seams.....We all knew it was crap then, except Nisbett, Rosich and co. ;) Not having a shot at you, reiterating what you and Underdog are saying.
I will enjoy seeing you and other WAFL supporters at the game tomorrow though. :thumbsu::footy:

Except this is the Eagles alignment game, so I wouldn't expect Freo fans to turn up. Hard core WAFL fans will, Eagles fans will NOT.
Everyone said it before the alignment when it was being used as promotional paraphernalia, the supporters of each AFL club will swell the crowds and make the grounds burst at the seams.....We all knew it was crap then, except Nisbett, Rosich and co. ;) Not having a shot at you, reiterating what you and Underdog are saying.
I will enjoy seeing you and other WAFL supporters at the game tomorrow though. :thumbsu::footy:

I thought the Peel game was a night game my mistake, will be heading off shortly to Centerlink stadium not Medibank, I'm sure you will be at lathlain Swannies on Sunday which should draw a big crowd with both teams going well.

Oh yeah, I'll be there. Was supposed to be going to the sister's farm but I'll postpone that.:)

What a cracking match. Couldn't fathom why some left with 10 minutes to go, whilst we were 2-3 goals down you can always get that back. :confused:
Davis, what a play to get that final goal. Wow. Ugle, can't believe it's the same player as last year, attacking the contest hard. Connor B, Faulks, fantastic young players who just kept willing themselves to contests. Blighty will be better for the run, Casser made a few errors but eventually made up for them.
Notte, attacking contests really hard this year as well, Nathan B - mighty efforts in the ruck the last few weeks.
Finally, Amesy. What a captain. Continually leading from the front, telling the players to pick up and encouraging them all.
My son commented that he thought I loved Swans more than him today. I blushed...... :p:D

What a cracking match. Couldn't fathom why some left with 10 minutes to go, whilst we were 2-3 goals down you can always get that back. :confused:
Davis, what a play to get that final goal. Wow. Ugle, can't believe it's the same player as last year, attacking the contest hard. Connor B, Faulks, fantastic young players who just kept willing themselves to contests. Blighty will be better for the run, Casser made a few errors but eventually made up for them.
Notte, attacking contests really hard this year as well, Nathan B - mighty efforts in the ruck the last few weeks.
Finally, Amesy. What a captain. Continually leading from the front, telling the players to pick up and encouraging them all.
My son commented that he thought I loved Swans more than him today. I blushed...... :p:D
Great wrap up again Swannies. :thumbsu:
What a cracking first 10 minutes we played where we had 5.1 on the board and Perth had barely touched the footy but Perth steadied after that and pretty much controlled for the most part the next 3 quarters and lead by 3 goals at the 20 minute mark of the last qtr before we dug deep to grab back the initiative and momentum, winning vital centre clearances and continually pumping the ball long and deep inside 50 where our big blokes like Notte, Geappen, Cary, Rogers & Davis always looked like out marking their opponents.
Great game from both sides, the umpiring well the less said about that the better and now only a 5 day break until we play WP who have an extra days break at Basso on Anzac Day.

This young Swans team has so much heart. They're really playing for the jumper and pride.

One thing in particular that I've noticed - with all due respect to the likes of Roach, Twomey, Robinson etc, they were pretty notorious for carrying the ball and not honouring leads. They'd burn a lead and continue to carry the ball only to be left without options when it came to dispose. These boys aren't doing that, they're honouring the leads and thus we're functioning better and more efficiently which is helping to compensate for the lack of experience and ability. I'm not suggesting they're without ability but they're largely just making their way into WAFL league football rather than being consistently high performers for years.

Spot on Underdog. :thumbsu:

And I'm not saying they'll finish in the top 4, but they have some heart. I love the fact that Faulkner is telling off the likes of Geappen and Riggio during the match. Everyone seems to be on an even footing, except Amesy. ;):)

My goodness, what a game and what heart this bunch of kids has. Unbelievable. Honestly thought we would succumb to the garlic munchers yesterday, but they dug deep to hold on.
Connor Blakely is winning me over more at each game, as is Kirk Ugle, who has been a completely different player this year, eminently reliable. Howie, well, his last 2 games have been dynamite. Faulks, love the kid. In fact the main bloke I've been disappointed in is Riggio but he stood up when he needed to in the last. If Cary starts holding those marks, watch out. I could name everyone, but won't, except one.
Amesy, what a leader. Those 2-3 critical spoils in the last when no one else was around. Unbelievable, except you expect it from him.....and he delivers. ;):)
I love beating West Perth, anyday, anytime. LOVE it! :D:footy::footy::footy:

I also love beating WP Swannies especially when almost half their side is full of ex Black Ducks! :D:p:thumbsu:
Interestingly I hear Monaghan had a dummy spit at the after match awards.

I also love beating WP Swannies especially when almost half their side is full of ex Black Ducks! :D:p:thumbsu:
Interestingly I hear Monaghan had a dummy spit at the after match awards.

Yeah, I heard that from a WP supporter.:):rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you please elaborate ?.
from OzFooty.net (the WAFL's BigFooty)
One event that has gone under the radar is Bill Monaghan's performance at a well attended post game function. Billl was called to the stage to make a speech and a few seconds into it a swans supporter attempting to be funny said "that's enough from you Bill let's hear from Harding". With that "Silly Billy" came out and he put the microphone down and walked off the stage. Harding was then left to smooth things over with an apology in an awkward period for everyone. I am pretty sure that Bill would demand greater toughness from his players than he displayed.

Not excusing the heckler but these things happen and you suck it up and move on instead of acting like a princess.

Outstanding display by all 22 players in our magnificent Black & White jumper tonight, especially to honour 2 club legends in Amesy & Davo in their milestone games in style! :D:thumbsu:

I was incredibly annoyed to realise that I had my mother's 65th birthday in the arvo, followed by cricket club AGM that evening. Boy was I pumped listening on SportFM, until about the 4 minute mark of the last quarter. Thankyou SportFM. :)

I was incredibly annoyed to realise that I had my mother's 65th birthday in the arvo, followed by cricket club AGM that evening. Boy was I pumped listening on SportFM, until about the 4 minute mark of the last quarter. Thankyou SportFM. :)
I had prior commitments too :( so missed the game. Fair to say, I was constantly on my phone checking updates...

Boys if you witnessed first hand our first 10 minutes vs Perth at Lathlain Park a few weeks back that was reminiscent of our last qtr vs Subi on Saturday Night. It was goal for goal in a very even tussle for the first 3 qtrs. All 22 boys did the jumper proud on Saturday Night. Got the Sharks this week in yet another tough battle in which we will be the underdogs.

Wow, what an afternoon at Basso yesterday. Had a quiet chat to Percy Johnson and he couldn't understand why no one rated us and I had to confess I didn't think we'd do that well. Early days, I know, but the flair and passion they are playing with is incredibly joyous to watch.
First kudos go to Kirk Ugle. I admit, yet again, I wouldn't have had him in my team at the end of last season, but he has blossomed to be in our top 4 or 5 players, I reckon. Great game again yesterday, especially the capper. :)
Tallan Ames, as always, great leader, culminating in his goal at FF in the last.
Davo, continues to mature and is taking the game on. Love his work.
Simmo, has a brain snap each game, my son wanted to drag him after one yesterday, I said he'll make up for it. He did.
Blakelys', plural, both were fantastic. Connor is improving rapidly each week, as is big brother. Great games.
Faulks, continues to just rack up getting the ball, but is using it better than ever now.
Swoop was back towards the way we know he can play and after quarter time his mate, Riggio, was starting to play with a lot more urgency and passion. Jukes fits into this group of players I have been a little disappointed with at the start of the season but his last 2 weeks.
Elari, started quiet but finished with a bang.
The ONLY thing I was disappointed with from the game is that no one remonstrated with the little sniper McGough when he gave Jukes a cheap one behind the ears, off the ball and then tried it again, on the wing, a few minutes later with someone else behind the play.

Wow, what an afternoon at Basso yesterday. Had a quiet chat to Percy Johnson and he couldn't understand why no one rated us and I had to confess I didn't think we'd do that well. Early days, I know, but the flair and passion they are playing with is incredibly joyous to watch.
First kudos go to Kirk Ugle. I admit, yet again, I wouldn't have had him in my team at the end of last season, but he has blossomed to be in our top 4 or 5 players, I reckon. Great game again yesterday, especially the capper. :)
Tallan Ames, as always, great leader, culminating in his goal at FF in the last.
Davo, continues to mature and is taking the game on. Love his work.
Simmo, has a brain snap each game, my son wanted to drag him after one yesterday, I said he'll make up for it. He did.
Blakelys', plural, both were fantastic. Connor is improving rapidly each week, as is big brother. Great games.
Faulks, continues to just rack up getting the ball, but is using it better than ever now.
Swoop was back towards the way we know he can play and after quarter time his mate, Riggio, was starting to play with a lot more urgency and passion. Jukes fits into this group of players I have been a little disappointed with at the start of the season but his last 2 weeks.
Elari, started quiet but finished with a bang.
The ONLY thing I was disappointed with from the game is that no one remonstrated with the little sniper McGough when he gave Jukes a cheap one behind the ears, off the ball and then tried it again, on the wing, a few minutes later with someone else behind the play.
Great wrap up Swannies but I have to disagree with remonstrating with McGough why bother wasting time, energy and a possible free kick/ report on a has been when the Jukebox is hurting them where it hurts most ..on the scoreboard! :D:thumbsu:

Great wrap up Swannies but I have to disagree with remonstrating with McGough why bother wasting time, energy and a possible free kick/ report on a has been when the Jukebox is hurting them where it hurts most ..on the scoreboard! :D:thumbsu:
I take that on board Spearhead, but I was still pissed off. :p

Our boy Notte was also very good swannies, his tap work was nothing short of sensational. He was Naitanui-like the way he was picking out our midfielders.
Yes, I was telling my son how I thought his ruck work was very good, after he told me he thought he was a bit quiet. ;)
The other one I didn't mention is Anderson, who was terrific yesterday. The Sydney recruiter I saw couldn't wait to get on the phone and tell someone how good he was. ;) :)

Glad to get the 4 points vs the Tigers yesterday as I was a bit worried going into the game with Faulky, Connor B & Ando all out & Claremont with still some of the best talent running around in the WAFL with blokes like Blackwell, Murphy, Neates, Seaby, Foster, Bradshaw, Hamp, Handley, Orzel, & Ledger.
In the end we actually didnt play at our best & still got the job done pretty comfortably with our backs in Simmo, Amesy & Kirky Ugle leading the way, Swoop up forward presenting all day with cameos from the Jukebox, Duck Cary, Rogie & Davo & Bluey & Doc Blakely in the guts, young Jacob Burnham did well in his debut game & young Manton showed good signs.
So we hit the State game bye at 7-1 on top of the ladder :D who would have tipped that at the start of the year? ..certainly not those so called footy experts in the WA media who all to a man tipped us to finish stone motherless last and hardly win a game!! :cool:

I was told I was being extremely optimistic thinking we could finish 5th-7th! I know at least one of the senior players thought we'd struggle. Hopefully we can maintain the intensity throughout the year. It's good to see even with a few outs, guys like Grescos, Kirkup, Burnham and Manton have stepped up nicely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back