Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have loved the WAFL all of my life but the contrived result from the weekend has really made me wonder whether it is all worth while as this alignment bullshit has made the comp nothing but a farce!
Swans as a great developer of young talent are now nothing but a feeder for that pathetic excuse for a club formally known as EP who couldnt develop a photo.

Thankfully we got the job done in the end at shark park on the weekend despite once again gifting the opposition 5-6 goals just through poor ball use in crucial areas of the ground but the good thing was we always fought back despite being headed a handful of times in the 2nd half and really toughed out the last 15 minutes which was a complete arm wrestle by 2 desperate sides.
Now we have to back this up against Perth at Lathlain this weekend to stay in the hunt.

I have loved the WAFL all of my life but the contrived result from the weekend has really made me wonder whether it is all worth while as this alignment bullshit has made the comp nothing but a farce!
Swans as a great developer of young talent are now nothing but a feeder for that pathetic excuse for a club formally known as EP who couldnt develop a photo.

Agreed, i do not like the alignment either.

Love the Swans fans BTW best supporter group in the WAFL by a mile, BTW is their some fans playing vuvzulas thought i heard it at the Arena earlier this year ?.

Thankfully we got the job done in the end at shark park on the weekend despite once again gifting the opposition 5-6 goals just through poor ball use in crucial areas of the ground but the good thing was we always fought back despite being headed a handful of times in the 2nd half and really toughed out the last 15 minutes which was a complete arm wrestle by 2 desperate sides.
Now we have to back this up against Perth at Lathlain this weekend to stay in the hunt.
How was your blood pressure Spearhead? Fortunately I was in emergency at Fiona Stanley with one of my young blokes, after a footy accident, so I never went through the pain. Great win for Notte though. Welcome back Jukesy as well. :)

How was your blood pressure Spearhead? Fortunately I was in emergency at Fiona Stanley with one of my young blokes, after a footy accident, so I never went through the pain. Great win for Notte though. Welcome back Jukesy as well. :)
Surprisingly not bad swannies tho that may have been due to the fact I couldnt see the time clock so had no idea of the time left in the game. Good to see for once the umpires let the game go in the last 20 minutes of the match letting both teams to slug it out without any momentum shifting decision paid and as it was neither side kicked a goal in that time. Good tough game of footy but we still butcher the ball too much for my liking. Nelson, Riddoch & Wilson need to come in this week after good performances in the Ressies.

Good to get the 4 points in all 3 grades away from home yesterday which also now leaves us 3rd on the ladder in all 3 grades. The rain coming down in the 2nd half saw us play our best footy with a more contested brand needed. Big game coming up next week vs SF at Fremantle Oval.

Good to get the 4 points in all 3 grades away from home yesterday which also now leaves us 3rd on the ladder in all 3 grades. The rain coming down in the 2nd half saw us play our best footy with a more contested brand needed. Big game coming up next week vs SF at Fremantle Oval.
Saved by the rain. ;)

Go Demons. :(

Saved by the rain. ;)

Go Demons. :(
Yep, as soon as it started raining I said we would win, negated that howling breeze and we seem to have found a way to play in the wet this year, unlike last.

Must go on to say that Davis went into beast mode in the final quarter, closely followed by Riggio (yes, I said it). Burnham and Albert Dean were also good, and Amesy does what he does best, some brilliant bumps on players on the outer flank to just put Perth players off the contest. Love it in the wet and this was no exception. Bring on Sowfs....

Another vital 4 points goes down the drain in a close game this year I now make that Eagles Reserves x 2, WP, C & SF were we have lost with less than a couple of goals the difference. Have another chance to make amends vs Eagles Reserves this week after the Darling fiasco of last clash I wouldnt be suprised if Nic Nat was dropped this time! :mad::rolleyes:

Great to get the vital win against the Eagle sellouts who yet again when we play them had a dozen full time professionals playing against our local kids. No Darling playing his one & only game for these frauds this time tho to tip the ledger :cool: We now go to the bye in 3rd spot at 7-7 but with the way the season has been going the results next week could tip us out of the 5 again but its a sweet feeling to roll that mob in all 3 grades until our next match vs WP in a fortnight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keith Slater tells me Notte, Amesy and Broad were our best Spearhead that sound right? I was on my way there but downed by a migraine.

He carried on like a pork chop and was well beaten by Ben Holman who hasnt played a League game for us yet I thought Noobz.
Agree.

Unfortunately for Holman we have massive depth in the key backs.

Finally got along to my first game of the year with the amateur bye round. Great win, our pressure was outstanding!

Tom Lamb is a **** head.

I went to the game with some Black Duck mates as an anti-Royals neutral fan. Great game full of tension. Some of the East Perth supporters on top of the hill in the can bar were real winners.

"Mark it Lycett! You're useless!"

"Ahhh that's Johnson. Good to see you know your own players mate"

It's always the obnoxious ones hey.

I have to say, there is nothing better than beating the munchers, love it.

I was yelling apologies to Riggio the last half of the last quarter as he really went hard at the ball and helped us firstly stay in the contest and then keep WP at bay. Howie was fantastic, Broad uber fantastic. That mark he took in the third, the high ball when crunched, he would NOT have taken in previous years, it was fantastic. Notte, was fantastic, as were Davo and the whole lot of them, basically. Rudi kicked 2 of the best goals you will see....

Loved it.....:thumbsu:

All 3 grades had good wins as well swannies :thumbsu: with the Colts moving back to the top of the ladder & Ressies now with a 3 game break in 3rd spot. Massive game against Fremantle Reserves next week starting at 11.40AM would you believe :mad: hopefully Bluey, Kirky Ugle, Simmo are all back from injury soon.

Just a pity the crowd was so small.

Edit - West says 2,000 but I find that hard to believe.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back