Carlton
Anyone?

2014 AFL Mock Draft 3.0
28. CARLTON – Blaine Boekhorst | Swan Districts
2014 AFL Mock Draft 3.0

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-27/draft-prospect-blaine-boekhorst

Hidden draft gems of the state leagues - and the bush
Blaine Boekhorst, Swan Districts, 20, 186cm, 74kg

After spending three years as a fringe player at Swan Districts, Boekhorst has shot to prominence this season. A midfielder who is renowned for taking on the opposition, the 20-year-old has averaged 21.5 disposals in 17 WAFL games. A number of AFL clubs have already shown an interest in him, and he was recently invited to the West Australian NAB AFL Draft Combine.
Hidden draft gems of the state leagues - and the bush

http://madmondayshow.com/2014/10/28/blaine-boekhorst-player-profile/

I like Boekhorst but taking him before the likes of Cavka and Vickers-Willis seems a bit rich for mine.

I like him too. Lively type, but not sure if there's enough substance in his overall game to go to the next level.

Afl website says Carlton & Collingwood looking @ him with their second rd picks - also said other clubs think he is around that mark.

s**t he's skinny. Only six kilos heavier than Caleb Daniel, despite being 20cms taller
How heavy were Kade Simpson and Dylan Buckley at 21?

We could chop off Blaine's legs to make him as tall as Daniel who won't grow after having his first pre-season.

BB was even lighter in this video....

Love the meltdowns over taking a "mature" player who is just seven months older than Jono O'Rourke. Hawks traded pick 19 for their outside mid who was labelled a great get. Pick travelled as much as pick 21.

Would have been happy with taking Ahern at seven for his run and finish. Ahern for Jaksch, Whiley and Boekhorst could turn out to be one of the best trades we've done. Still got DVR after the Giants wanted more than 28 for Jaksch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could chop off Blaine's legs to make him as tall as Daniel who won't grow after having his first pre-season.

Would just make Blaine even lighter. Willing to bet Daniel will be a good AFL player regardless of his height. And he only cost us the pick we got for Liam Jones. Thanks Carlton.

Colin Wisbey's rankings (Date Posted: 23:45 27/11/14 Thu)
If anyone is interested, here is my pre-draft top "30"

(Excluding F/S and other pre-determined picks)

1 Christian Petracca
2 Jake Lever
3 Caleb Marchbank
4 Jarrod Pickett
5 Angus Brayshaw
6 Jordan De Goey
7 Liam Duggan
8 Nakia Cockatoo
9 Patrick McCartin
10 Paul Ahern
11 Jayden Laverde
12 Jarrod Garlett
13 Blaine Boekhorst
14 Touk Miller
15 Billy Evans
16 Alex Neal-Bullen
17 Lachlan Weller
18 Hugh Goddard
19 Marc Pittonet
20 Daniel McKenzie
21 Connor Blakely
22 Sam Durdin
23 Brayden Maynard
24 Edward Vickers-Willis
25 Joe Maishman
26 Corey Ellis
27 Daniel Nielson
28 Peter Wright
29 Lukas Webb
30 Harrison Wigg
31 Tom Lamb
32 Daniel Butler
33 Jack Lonie

That's a horrible top 30. Was he just guessing hoping that one or two came off to make him look a genius? McCartin at 9? Wright 28? Boekhurst 13th?

Why is it a terrible to 30 - One doesn't have to agree with the group-think.

Throwing out names just to be different doesn't make you right.

I am certain that the person who produced the ratings has lots more expertise in this area, than you or me.

Either way, afl recruiters seem to disagree with him quite a bit

Where is the proof that AFL recruiters disagree - Have you seen the lists of 18 clubs ?

Where is the proof that AFL recruiters disagree - Have you seen the lists of 18 clubs ?

McCartin just scraping into his top 10, Wright barely in the top 30. Nearly everyone in the country had McCartin top 1-2. Wright was always a top 10 prospect. Are you Colin Wisbey?

Judging by how the draft panned out compared to Wisbey's rankings, evidently those in the know disagree with him.

McCartin just scraping into his top 10, Wright barely in the top 30. Nearly everyone in the country had McCartin top 1-2. Wright was always a top 10 prospect. Are you Colin Wisbey?

Judging by how the draft panned out compared to Wisbey's rankings, evidently those in the know disagree with him.
You really have NFI!

Care to explain why?

All I'm saying is Wisbey's rankings are very different to how it panned out. Just because he rated Boekhorst at 13 doesn't mean it's an inspired selection, much like people jumping on me for not rating that list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back