Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 17, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Never too early to get this discussion cooking.

What do we need at the end of this year and where should we get it from? It's probably not 100% evident yet but IMO we could use a classy small, young ruck and possibly another KPP

A few I'd like us to be looking at are Brandon Matera, Kieran Harper, Kristian Jaksch and Scott Lycett.

What do we need at the end of this year and where should we get it from? It's probably not 100% evident yet but IMO we could use a classy small, young ruck and possibly another KPP

A few I'd like us to be looking at are Brandon Matera, Kieran Harper, Kristian Jaksch and Scott Lycett.
The bolded I wouldn't want. Wasn't Harper playing VFL 2s last year? Unless he cements his spot at North and plays some consistent footy then I'd be nowhere near him. Jaksch is meh.

Matera and Lycett however do excite me.

I should add, I reckon the club's almost in position to start doing a bit of a reverse BH. Who should we trade out at year's end, and who too?

Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to shopping Vickery around.

I should add, I reckon the club's almost in position to start doing a bit of a reverse BH. Who should we trade out at year's end, and who too?

From a Carlton perspective, I wouldn't be opposed to making a play for Vickery, would be an ideal addition to our forward line (would allow Henderson more flexibility in being able to swing forward and back).

It would more than likely cost us our first round pick though - and in a draft that supposedly littered with KP talent, I wonder whether or not the club would explore the option.

Can't see Tyrone leaving though.

He'll cost an ar

Didn't Vickery just sign a deal recently? Can't remember.

From a Carlton perspective, I wouldn't be opposed to making a play for Vickery, would be an ideal addition to our forward line (would allow Henderson more flexibility in being able to swing forward and back).

It would more than likely cost us our first round pick though - and in a draft that supposedly littered with KP talent, I wonder whether or not the club would explore the option.

Can't see Tyrone leaving though.
Last trade period on the carlton board i suggested a trade between our teams Hampson-Griffiths and i reallly thought that would of been a win/win trade but your mob over there are really feril and laughed it off like another spud etc etc

In honesty im sure happy that didnt get done, Big Ben is really starting to look good atm

Last trade period on the carlton board i suggested a trade between our teams Hampson-Griffiths and i reallly thought that would of been a win/win trade but your mob over there are really feril and laughed it off like another spud etc etc

In honesty im sure happy that didnt get done, Big Ben is really starting to look good atm

Yeah I remember reading that - apologies on behalf of the rational/sane Carlton supporters (in fairness though - we seem to be a dying breed on here).

I would have liked for us to have at least explored the Griffiths option - because we are STILL crying out for a tall with a nice lead up mark/kick .. but as I posted last year, our recruiting staff at the time didn't rate Ben in 2009 so I doubt they would have changed their minds.

From what I have been told - the knocks on Ben according to our recruiters at the time was that he was too injury prone (which is somewhat true) and didn't have the heart (looked too laconic).

Would have been nice now when looking back on it (if Griffiths can hold up) - as it seems like the penny may have dropped with him regarding the latter which is good to see for your lot, but I think from our perspective the swap of Hampson for Docherty was a good move anyway.

Yeah I remember reading that - apologies on behalf of the rational/sane Carlton supporters (in fairness though - we seem to be a dying breed on here).

I would have liked for us to have at least explored the Griffiths option - because we are STILL crying out for a tall with a nice lead up mark/kick .. but as I posted last year, our recruiting staff at the time didn't rate Ben in 2009 so I doubt they would have changed their minds.

From what I have been told - the knocks on Ben according to our recruiters at the time was that he was too injury prone (which is somewhat true) and didn't have the heart (looked too laconic).

Would have been nice now when looking back on it (if Griffiths can hold up) - as it seems like the penny may have dropped with him regarding the latter which is good to see for your lot, but I think from our perspective the swap of Hampson for Docherty was a good move anyway.

Agreed but carlton still would of got Docherty with Carltons 2nd pick had the trade been done, Ben had shoulder issues when he was drafted and looks to be over them now.

the problem for carlton is i believe that your 2 players in Casboult & Rowe dont look like becoming the 2nd ruck/foward that carlton are desperate for and Henderson is the only foward tall left given waite is on the wrong end of 30 and injury prone also - The cupboard looks extremely bare C4

Todd Elton will most likely be available at the end of the year. He trained with Carlton if I remember correctly. 2nd round pick should do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what its worth if we are not trading/FA a quality player along the lines of Frawley, Gibbs, Dangerfield then i don't see the point of trading this year. We don't really need another Grigg, Hampson, Chaplin or Houli who plays a role but will not greatly improve our side, we've moved beyond that point.

We are not trading Vickery for a 1st rounder or anything. If he is worth that at the end of the season then it means he has kicked 40+ goals and his poor performance in round 1 will be forgotten.
If you pay with peanuts all you get in return is monkeys.

Would rather a Mcbean (if ready), Griffiths or Hamspon playing Vickery's role with Fyfe in our side than Vickery and no Fyfe.

Ok, new question.

With a Melbourne club rumoured to offer 1.1mil (hoping it's us) what would it take to make Freo happy with a trade?

Next question could it be possible the club has been playing hard ball with contract extensions so there is enough room in our war chest to grab a player of Fyfes calibre?

Vickery and 1st round for Fyfe.
Or
Vickery and Conca for Fyfe and 1st round.

Believe the second option is unders for Fyfe.

I reckon they're both unders for Fyfe.

GWS could have offered Freo 1 and 2 last year for Fyfe and I'm not confident they would have taken it.

You'd really need Fyfe to want to come here.

Get it done boys. :D

For what its worth if we are not trading/FA a quality player along the lines of Frawley, Gibbs, Dangerfield then i don't see the point of trading this year. We don't really need another Grigg, Hampson, Chaplin or Houli who plays a role but will not greatly improve our side, we've moved beyond that point.

True. But depth can always be improved or at least maintained in lieu of retirements. Any candidates for a reverse BH?

I have always liked the look of Harper, correct me if I am wrong but thing he is a big tiger fan. Would love to have him roaming the half forward flank, seems to have a bit of x-factor about him. With Jaksch, if Griffiths and Elton don't develop as well as we hope I would be having a long hard look at him.

Ok, new question.

With a Melbourne club rumoured to offer 1.1mil (hoping it's us) what would it take to make Freo happy with a trade?

Next question could it be possible the club has been playing hard ball with contract extensions so there is enough room in our war chest to grab a player of Fyfes calibre?

Where is that rumour coming from??

If you pay with peanuts all you get in return is monkeys.

Would rather a Mcbean (if ready), Griffiths or Hamspon playing Vickery's role with Fyfe in our side than Vickery and no Fyfe.

I love Fyfe (my favourite non richmond player) but if i've got a guy that's gonna kick 40+ goals a year and probably continue to improve i'd keep vickery rather then hope McBean and Griff can make up the shortfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back