List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project - 2014 - 5 list spaces confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can not do the same as WC ala Griffiths. We as well as port went in hard for Lycett. He told Port No two weeks ago and I personaly felt that lifted our chances from what I heard. To kill us off WC were forced to offer a tall with potential that has not done much to date a 400k a year 4 year deal. We can not do the same.

We were right into Lycett in his draft year and would have taken him ahead of Batchelor. I'd suggest we kept in contact over the last few years and when WCE eagles went for Conca last year i reckon we had Lycett in mind for a trade as a backup to losing Reece.

FWIW i really rate Lycett and think 400k is slightly overs but he averages nearly 3 goals a game as ruck/forward at WAFL level and over a goal a game at AFL level. Pretty decent numbers for a ruck.

3AW reporting Melbourne have put Watts Trengove Toumpas & Grimes on the trade table.

If true, that's damning of there selection and development strategies. All 1st round draft picks they're ready to trade, now they want a PP as well. What will they do with that?
Maybe too much money going to Roos instead of being invested in the Football Dept.
I'd be interested in Grimes

and thats the other thing - they already are planning based upon getting 3 for Frawley and a PP

and people on the MB are saying they only just decided to ask for the pick.... ha!

If true, that's damning of there selection and development strategies. All 1st round draft picks they're ready to trade, now they want a PP as well. What will they do with that?
Maybe too much money going to Roos instead of being invested in the Football Dept.
I'd be interested in Grimes

That has a distinctly TW ring about it & we all know how that turned out.....

That has a distinctly TW ring about it & we all know how that turned out.....

dont question L Ron Roosey, or the followers of the Church of Roosology will go nuts (its nearly as bad as when people criticize Stynes)

3AW reporting Melbourne have put Watts Trengove Toumpas & Grimes on the trade table.
Also they said the dees are expecting first round picks for hem all
and thats the other thing - they already are planning based upon getting 3 for Frawley and a PP

and people on the MB are saying they only just decided to ask for the pick.... ha!

1st round picks for those players? Seriously? They'd be lucky to get close to that! Watts has hardly improved (if he has at all), Trengove, Toumpas are both worth last 1st round picks at best. Them and Grimes have all gone backwards.

Potentially, if any of that's true, they clear them all out (4 players for 1st round picks), they "lose" Frawley to compensation so there's his pick, get 2nd pick, the PP (if they are lucky to get it), and then pick 20 as well. That's 8 picks in the top 20. Are they trying to restart for the next wave of young players much like GWS/GC?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st round picks for those players? Seriously? They'd be lucky to get close to that! Watts has hardly improved (if he has at all), Trengove, Toumpas are both worth last 1st round picks at best. Them and Grimes have all gone backwards.

Potentially, if any of that's true, they clear them all out (4 players for 1st round picks), they "lose" Frawley to compensation so there's his pick, get 2nd pick, the PP (if they are lucky to get it), and then pick 20 as well. That's 8 picks in the top 20. Are they trying to restart for the next wave of young players much like GWS/GC?

They are aiming for 5 picks in the top 20

Would we consider any of them _RT_ ?
For mine getting Trengove and Toumpas would be handy especially if Trengove is over his injuries.

Wonder if we could do something like:
Conca to WCE for first round pick
That pick and our pick to Melbourne for Toumpas and Trengove.

Cotchin Martin Deledio Miles Vlastuin Ellis S.Edwards Foley Jackson Lennon Toumpas & Trengove pretty deep midfield group.

I know it won't be everyones cup of tea the above suggestion, but if the Dees are going to have a clearance sale and we have the means to get involved by trading away something that is expendable and while many won't agree with Conca being traded I do see him as something that could get us a high enough pick to get in on the Melbourne fire sale.

Last edited:
For mine getting Trengove and Toumpas would be handy especially if Trengove is over his injuries.

Cotchin Martin Deledio Miles Vlastuin Ellis S.Edwards Foley Jackson Lennon Toumpas & Trengove pretty deep midfield group.

Pick 7ish and 10ish for Toumpas and Trengove? Noooooooohohohohoooo thankyou.

Seriously for those looking at this and saying they aren't worth s**t, if we were to offer up Vickery Conca Lennon & Griffiths, what would you guys be expecting in return?

I know it won't be everyones cup of tea the above suggestion, but if the Dees are going to have a clearance sale and we have the means to get involved by trading away something that is expendable and while many won't agree with Conca being traded I do see him as something that could get us a high enough pick to get in on the Melbourne fire sale.
not a fan of Conca or u heard something no1 else has?
i wouldn't touch the above 2 with 1st rounders, i'd rather raid GWS high Draft talent thats been stuck in thier 2's all year and want to come home and keep our 1st rounder for the Draft (we have a good record of nailing these after all) GWS fire sale won't be there next year as they won't have such surplus of talent in the 2's and said players will be at other Clubs & if we miss out this year we won't get another shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back