List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project - 2014 - 5 list spaces confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have you seen the full result? I just was watching that show.

What was other teams grades?
Oh its hard to remember all the results as it is broken down into draft, trade, FA, Preseason draft and marqee players. I think next week is where each category ladder is produced. I IQ it each week to see the rolling draft review.

The minute a club goes to the trade table they're taking a risk
I don't know what the success rate is,but it would be an interesting stat
Jack Watts is a huge risk and has a manager who has him parading around with a huge price on his head
Jack Watts has not progressed from the day I first saw him play at Coburg and IMO is a VFL player at best
Melbourne want to probably move him on bc they don't want to pay a premium price for a fringe vfl-afl footballer and are hoping they can pull the wool over some clubs eyes
RFC are too smart for that as we have enough talented talls on our list
McBean has shown more than Watts in the vfl than Watts will ever achieve in his career
Big pass on Jack SWatt as i have seen enough to scare me off big time

Comparing Watts to McBean is off imo. Firstly McBean has never played a game at AFL level and they are completely different players. Watts is a tall HFF type who could be a good third tall. He can be a good player and clearly has talent so I wouldn't write him off, but I also wouldn't want to overpay both $ wise and with a trade.

If we lose on the weekend our pick will most likely be number 12 if Melbourne get pick 3 for Fralwey and if we win I think we will get pick 15 assuming a loss to Freo/Syd round 2 of finals. At pick 12 you are probably still drafting but I am wondering if we get say pick 15 do we go after someone like O'Rourke. Top 3 talent who hasn't had a great run due to injury and his skill set is what our side is looking for.

Comparing Watts to McBean is off imo. Firstly McBean has never played a game at AFL level and they are completely different players. Watts is a tall HFF type who could be a good third tall. He can be a good player and clearly has talent so I wouldn't write him off, but I also wouldn't want to overpay both $ wise and with a trade.
i look at them as mobile fwds and yes Mcbean has more tricks bc he can ruck and play small

i look at them as mobile fwds and yes Mcbean has more tricks bc he can ruck and play small

I don't think he can play ruck. I like the look of McBean but a lot of his goals come from crumbs in the VFL and still not convinced he will be the coming of christ we all think he will. Needs 10kgs on his frame and to dramatically improve his contested marking.

I don't think he can play ruck. I like the look of McBean but a lot of his goals come from crumbs in the VFL and still not convinced he will be the coming of christ we all think he will. Needs 10kgs on his frame and to dramatically improve his contested marking.
dont under estimate him in two years we will be singing the song more frequently when hes in.
cmon man hes 20yrs old let him bubble away ferment mature and then sparkle.you know the process with talls.
he wont ruck yet at 20 yrs of age with his frame and coming of injuries, but he will in 2 yrs time.Take it easy as Jack Watts is a milkman and we are over these types

dont under estimate him in two years we will be singing the song more frequently when hes in.
cmon man hes 20yrs old let him bubble away ferment mature and then sparkle.you know the process with talls.
he wont ruck yet at 20 yrs of age with his frame and coming of injuries, but he will in 2 yrs time.Take it easy as Jack Watts is a milkman and we are over these types

I am not doubting that I would keep McBean over Watts, just saying they are different types.

He is only 20 and has a heap of developing to do. Plenty called Post a 200 gamer after 3-4 AFL games I am just saying keep a lid on McBean as he is no certainty at AFL level.

Last edited:
I am not doubting that I would keep McBean over Watts, just saying they are different types.

He is only 20 correct and has a heap of developing to do. Plenty called Post a 200 gamer after 3-4 AFL games I am just saying keep a lid on McBean as he is no certainty at AFL level.
of course not i waited for Griff and i will wait for Mcbean,but i will never wait for Jack Swatt

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we rookie Sam Blease if he gets delisted, if we can get him to pull his finger out he is a very capable AFL Quick Outside type who can kick goals, could play a role similar to Jared Polec at port

Would still really like for us to go after Membrey from the Swans, rekon he is gonna be a star and could be an extememly good third tall type.

Agree. Fits our structure nicely

TBH wouldnt be against seeing what we can get for Vickery and then trading for Membrey and going with Jack, Griff and Membrey up front. 200cms, 195cms, 188cms as the three main forwards would work IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back