List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project - 2014 - 5 list spaces confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sauce? Also a technical point Freo wasn't a GF team then.

AFL.com.au. Sandi was last year as well – but technically a chunk paid outside cap due to vet status. Anyway, 800k or $1m, playing in prelims or GFs, there are some blokes on seriously good coin in the top sides, and paid a heap more than their other A grade teammates. But that has been happening since forever. Cats prob the exception to the rule.

AFL.com.au. Sandi was last year as well – but technically a chunk paid outside cap due to vet status. Anyway, 800k or $1m, playing in prelims or GFs, there are some blokes on seriously good coin in the top sides, and paid a heap more than their other A grade teammates. But that has been happening since forever. Cats prob the exception to the rule.
Ok mate no probs but for me I don't take anything in the media as gospel. Could be right or wrong but I take what ever they say with a grain of salt.

The average wage for a starting 22 player would be around 350-400k now.....

That may be true but players shouldn't be paid on whether they start or not rather their performance and value related to performance.

If we were to get Higgins he would only be a depth player so starting 22 is irrelevant. Have to bear in mind the range of salaries are between 1.2 million I assume to 100K for draftees(I think).

Given the fact Higgins wouldn't be starting 22 and below average player 200K is about right. The bottom rated starting 22 player would be well below 350-400K then and Higgins as a depth player would be below that again.

It sounds like RFC might have to have a 95% cap anyway because our players so not have enough talent as a list to command a !00% cap particularly compared to premiership teams or teams in genuine contention!

Also there have to be a percentage of our cap not based on base but performance based surely from game results and individual achievements at both AFL and reserves levels!

Last edited:

Ok mate no probs but for me I don't take anything in the media as gospel. Could be right or wrong but I take what ever they say with a grain of salt.

yeah fair enough same here, was that official pay breakdown table they've been releasing for a while now. the media usually get most of the million dollar men correct and until gold coast and gws came along, none of them were playing for s**t sides except juddy.

yeah fair enough same here, was that official pay breakdown table they've been releasing for a while now. the media usually get most of the million dollar men correct and until gold coast and gws came along, none of them were playing for s**t sides except juddy.
Carlton weren't s**t. They were just unlucky not to win games. /carltonfan

AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News
15 mins ·
Darian Lobb from MVP management has said his client, Ryan O'Keefe will be exercising his right as a free agent later this year, with Sydney confirming he won't be offered another contract beyond 2014.

Lobb went on to mention that O'Keefe's body is sound, he loves footy and he's not ready to hang up the boots, as he wants another opportunity to play at another club.

Which club do you think will offer O'Keefe, 34 an offer under free agency?

i'd give him a year over Higgins

With Mackay gone, it doesn't leave a lot to go after. Looking at the AFL site the up in the air candidates are:
Higgins - everyone has given their opinion of him
Malceski - if 26 year old Higgins it too old then 30 Malcecki has to be out.
Waite - 32 in Feburary forget it
Goldsack - not much said about him
ROK - see Malceski
Leroy Jetta - rather play one short
Frawley - too expensive for what he brings to the table.

With Mackay gone, it doesn't leave a lot to go after. Looking at the AFL site the up in the air candidates are:
Higgins - everyone has given their opinion of him
Malceski - if 26 year old Higgins it too old then 30 Malcecki has to be out.
Waite - 32 in Feburary forget it
Goldsack - not much said about him
ROK - see Malceski
Leroy Jetta - rather play one short
Frawley - too expensive for what he brings to the table.

Why don't we ignore free agency this year as the offerings are bloody awful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imagine what other club boards are saying about dustin martin similar to us and talking about dangerfield...
We should be saving $$$ to aford Dusty after 2015 just like I'm sure the crows will be doing for Danger. Bring in some gun kids (draft or gws eg miles), develop them and bob's your uncle. Avoid higgins - fools gold.

But in all seriousness, I'd rather spend the money on Dangerfield and forget about Dustin Martin...maybe other clubs don't even offer thinking that he is unattainable, or we can some how match their offer...but then if we lose him....well we have a guy with no problems who's a better player. Meh...i'll take that.

We are definitely going to win the flag when we have Dangerfield, Cotchin, Deledio, Martin, Riewoldt, Cameron, Miles, Rance, Maric... Mcbean to be getting regular games too. Astbury and Grimes fully fit and firing. Conca, Ellis, Vlastuin, Lennon all regular performers in best!!

This thread has more optimism than the "we can still make the finals" thread!! LOL :D Love it

But in all seriousness, I'd rather spend the money on Dangerfield and forget about Dustin Martin...maybe other clubs don't even offer thinking that he is unattainable, or we can some how match their offer...but then if we lose him....well we have a guy with no problems who's a better player. Meh...i'll take that.
So what happens if we put a big offer for Dangerfield, Dusty gets annoyed and leaves because he isn't paid what he thinks he should get and then Dangerfield doesn't come.

pay Martin what is is due, and that, at the moment, is close to $800k a year - do a 4 year contract, with the last 2 years jumping up to $900k based on onfield performances). by the end of this year, he will be a Jack Dyer medallist and, quite possibly, an AA. He is worth it, and then if we throw the same amount at Danger (which i doubt would be enough) then we are having to superstars in their peak on big money.

but i highly doubt any of this would happen at our club - we like to play safe with big names, and like to pay overs for spuds

pay Martin what is is due, and that, at the moment, is close to $800k a year - do a 4 year contract, with the last 2 years jumping up to $900k based on onfield performances). by the end of this year, he will be a Jack Dyer medallist and, quite possibly, an AA. He is worth it, and then if we throw the same amount at Danger (which i doubt would be enough) then we are having to superstars in their peak on big money.

but i highly doubt any of this would happen at our club - we like to play safe with big names, and like to pay overs for spuds

100% right 5 years ago mate. now though, we have been going through the pain ala the Martin show last year to fix that. I have huge confidence our stars will stay and be paid there due.

Wouldnt be against O'Keefe at all, think he could give us quite a bit as a player but also as a leader
34 is way to old to recruit a player who has battled all year in the reserves. If he'd been carving it up in the seniors then he may be worth a rookie pick but O'keefe is past it unfortunately.

34 is way to old to recruit a player who has battled all year in the reserves. If he'd been carving it up in the seniors then he may be worth a rookie pick but O'keefe is past it unfortunately.

Hes the type of player that wouldnt be a bad recycle, premiership pedigree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back