List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project - 2014 - 5 list spaces confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me likey. What do you reckon in terms of price? Nahas and 2nd rounder?
We'll probably end up with a pick between 7-12, and I think that's overs for him. In terms of who we have on offer to trade, I can't think of anyone bar maybe Foley who they might like.
So maybe.. 9 + Foley for WHE + 20

Or trade Vickery for a late first round and on trade that to GWS

In terms of his speed, to prove that it's actually top line watch this.

Compare Hoskin's goal to Jetta's. (Jetta's goal is at 1min)
Basically the same distance ran (Etihad is 17m longer than SCG) but Hoskin-Elliot takes 10 seconds and Jetta takes 11. Jetta also had much more pressure to run faster because of the defender right behind him.

If your looking for someone with line-breaking speed and can actually play the game, look no farther than Will Hoskin-Elliot. He hasn't torn walls down at GWS but would be a perfect fit at Tigerland. He has elite athleticism, goes in hard, and has amazing skills. He's dangerous up forward, (kicked 5 goals as a midfielder once) but is most damaging on a wing where he uses his speed to his advantage. Tigers were chasing very hard before and now that he is uncontracted, I would suspect that we are sniffing.

Been mentioned numerous times so far and i must say the more and more, i'm seeing of him. The more i'm hoping we go after him. Was only on for short period of time on the weekend but he still managed to show why he would be perfect for us:

http://www.afl.com.au/video?guid=632498&t=40-74

We'll probably end up with a pick between 7-12, and I think that's overs for him. In terms of who we have on offer to trade, I can't think of anyone bar maybe Foley who they might like.
So maybe.. 9 + Foley for WHE + 20

Or trade Vickery for a late first round and on trade that to GWS

In terms of his speed, to prove that it's actually top line watch this.

Compare Hoskin's goal to Jetta's. (Jetta's goal is at 1min)
Basically the same distance ran (Etihad is 17m longer than SCG) but Hoskin-Elliot takes 10 seconds and Jetta takes 11. Jetta also had much more pressure to run faster because of the defender right behind him.

Not so sure Foly would want to change clubs, I think he will either retire at the end of the year or see out the final year of his contract.

GWS are gonna want the world for these kids.

Not so sure Foly would want to change clubs, I think he will either retire at the end of the year or see out the final year of his contract.
I can't really comment on Foley's future aspirations as a footballer but if GWS were interested, he'd get more opportunities over there. He is excellent in terms of work-ethic and can probably teach the young kids a few things. When fully-fit, he is a player who can definitely add to GWS' (and Richmond's) team.

Personally would like to see the following happen assuming we have say pick 8:

1. Trade Pick 8 and our 2nd round pick (26) to GWS for Jono O'Rourke and their second round pick say pick 21. This would be similar to the Dom Tyson trade.
As much as O'Rourke would be a nice pick up I don't think it will happen for 2 reasons. 1. He wasn't that highly rated by us in his draft year and 2. Paying that high a price for a kid who has had 2 years on a list battling injuries the whole time is over paying. Much prefer to go with WHE who has an extra year in the system and doesn't have the injury concerns that O'Rourke has had.

2. Offer Tyrone Vickery up for trade and see if we can get anything decent
I'd have him on the table, but would only take a deal if it was in our favour, outside that I'd keep him. Only just entering the age bracket where talls come good.

3. Draft with our first pick a quick outside midfielder with skills to add to O'Rourke
Wouldn't lock us into just drafting one type of player, you might miss a kid who slides or there might be another option available that isn't a quick outside midfielder.

4. Have a crack at getting Kieren Harper (this is the type of second chance player to go for not Petterd/Thomas/Grigg)
Harper is turning into a Petterd Thomas Grigg type of player at the Roos that they were at their previous clubs, i.e a list clogger who needs to be moved on. This is a kid who averages 9 disposals a game over a 40 game career, not exactly a game changing player that is capable of turning around our fortunes. I'd rather put time into O'Hanlon/McIntosh.

5. Have a crack at getting Gibbs. We have the cap room and he is a gun especially when played with Lids/Cotch and co.
Initially I was up for getting Gibbs, but having seen how he just coasts through games at the moment when the Blues need him to stand up, I have to say is he really worth paying big dollars to get. I'd rather use the money you'd pay for one Gibbs and go for a couple of players with the potential combined to be better that Gibbs on his own. As I said in my post yesterday chasing Ibbotson/Higgins would have been nice, but if Ibbotson has signed, then go with Higgins and WHE

5. Trade/Delist - Grigg/Petterd/Thomas
Add Newman Foley Stephenson to the list and it's a good turn over.

Then we would have improved our speed and midfield skill with a starting rotation of:

Cotchin, Deledio, Martin, Ellis, Conca, Gibbs, O'Rourke, Lennon, First Pick, Jackson (tagger only)

Kicking it to Riewoldt/Griff with Elton/McBean depth.

Might be a dream and won't happen but if I was list manager that is what I would be trying to do.
Prefer a midfield built around a group of:
Cotchin Deledio Martin Ellis Conca Vlastuin Lennon McDonough WHE Gordon & Jackson, kicking to a forward line built around Jack Griffiths Hampson/Maric O'Hanlon Knights & Lloyd.

If your looking for someone with line-breaking speed and can actually play the game, look no farther than Will Hoskin-Elliot. He hasn't torn walls down at GWS but would be a perfect fit at Tigerland. He has elite athleticism, goes in hard, and has amazing skills. He's dangerous up forward, (kicked 5 goals as a midfielder once) but is most damaging on a wing where he uses his speed to his advantage. Tigers were chasing very hard before and now that he is uncontracted, I would suspect that we are sniffing.

He's not out on contract. Signed until the end of the 2015 season

Jonathon Patton, Dom Tyson, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Andrew Phillips and Sam Frost have all agreed to contract extensions until the end of 2015. Curtly Hampton and Aidan Corr have agreed to commit to the club until the end of 2016. - See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2013-02-27/the-magnificent-seven#sthash.lpTlhQYH.dpuf

If they want a first round pick we will tell them where they can stick it.

He's not out on contract. Signed until the end of the 2015 season

Jonathon Patton, Dom Tyson, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Andrew Phillips and Sam Frost have all agreed to contract extensions until the end of 2015. Curtly Hampton and Aidan Corr have agreed to commit to the club until the end of 2016. - See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2013-02-27/the-magnificent-seven#sthash.lpTlhQYH.dpuf

Interesting that they traded Dom Tyson. After re-signing him for 3 years only 8 months earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but you don't see that very often, someone resigning for three years then getting traded not long after.

Yeah but someone like Josh Kelly doesn't come around every day.

They will want our first rounder and a player or something so it probably won't happen.

They will want our first rounder and a player or something so it probably won't happen.
If you pay the price you get quality, if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

I wouldn't go hard for WHE atm. His body shape, being very wirery is too risky. He isn't Fiora but he isn't Whitfield either. Put it this way Macrae looks 3 times the player so I wouldn't go near WHE. Maybe in a few years when he fills out more and more confidence can be placed in his body he might be worth a look but atm for me WHE too risky for my taste.

I wouldn't go hard for WHE atm. His body shape, being very wirery is too risky. He isn't Fiora but he isn't Whitfield either. Put it this way Macrae looks 3 times the player so I wouldn't go near WHE. Maybe in a few years when he fills out more and more confidence can be placed in his body he might be worth a look but atm for me WHE too risky for my taste.

Agree, they will want our first rounder ( maybe Jarrod Picket) so won't happen.

We'll probably end up with a pick between 7-12, and I think that's overs for him.
Sorry MR but can't agree with this assessment. Will was taken pick 4, has 3 years of development in him and has shown that he can play at the level required. A pick in the 7-12 range, which would give GWS 2 picks inside the top 15, would be a win for both clubs. Also GWS aren't going to take Foley for pick 20 especially when we're not playing Foley. Someone like Grimes might be capable of being part of a package deal for him as he is someone that GWS could use and is young enough to still be around when they are right in their window.

So would you give up our first rounder in a pretty good draft?
Depends on who we're likely to get and how that player aids us in addressing the areas we need addressing. If we looked like getting a kid who offers everything that Will would bring, then you might hold off, but if the rankings panned out what we're getting someone we don't really need i.e. another KPF well then I'd be seriously considering trading it out.

Depends on who we're likely to get and how that player aids us in addressing the areas we need addressing. If we looked like getting a kid who offers everything that Will would bring, then you might hold off, but if the rankings panned out what we're getting someone we don't really need i.e. another KPF well then I'd be seriously considering trading it out.

We don't need another KPF?!?!?!?

We will NOT trade our first pick unless it is for a proven gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back