List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project - 2014 - 5 list spaces confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain why we won't?

You call us idiots! Flog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He just signed with us this year...

Explain why we will? Because he's had a poor start to the season? Same can be said for Ellis, Chaplin, Grigg...should we trade them too?

Flog :rolleyes: Nice one mate

Explain why we will? Because he's had a poor start to the season? Same can be said for Ellis, Chaplin, Grigg...should we trade them too?

He had a poor year last year and this year he has went backwards again, if you don't think we should trade him then you have no idea about footy.

He had a poor year last year and this year he has went backwards again, if you don't think we should trade him then you have no idea about footy.

Reckon I know more than you. Based on your posts last year and this year. You've got no idea. Players go through form slumps. He's 23 FFS

I agree with your sentiment. It's not TVs slow start that I'm concerned with. It's his attitude and his mental state.
He doesn't GAF and is in a rut. I actually think it would be good for both club and player for TV to get a fresh start somewhere else. Also somewhere his dad doesn't work.

I was dead against trading him in the off season but that is the factor that has swayed me personally.

You can only trade quality for quality (or potential quality anyway). We're not getting a good pick for Naha and Foley like some suggested last year :rolleyes: But we also have to know when to pull the trigger and take a calculated risk and make a big win/win trade

Reckon I know more than you. Based on your posts last year and this year. You've got no idea. Players go through form slumps. He's 23 FFS

Well you don't.

He has had 4 years to show something and he has had one good year and then showed NOTHING.

Okay mate, say whatever you want but IMO he is one of the worst players I have seen put on a tigers jumper.
LOl so you havn't watched football or the tigers for the last 30+ years then, Tyrone Vickery is no where near the worst player

also before we go trading out players willy nilly specially highly talented 23 yo 200cm ruck/fwd just go back and read through some Jay Shulz threads

Both Tyrone & Ben ( griffiths ) are extremely important parts of the the richmond cog for the future

Don't get me wrong I hope Vickery rips the comp apart but I really can't see it, probably went a bit overboard there

Isn't Grigg a wingman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOl so you havn't watched football or the tigers for the last 30+ years then, Tyrone Vickery is no where near the worst player

also before we go trading out players willy nilly specially highly talented 23 yo 200cm ruck/fwd just go back and read through some Jay Shulz threads

Both Tyrone & Ben ( griffiths ) are extremely important parts of the the richmond cog for the future
Dont get me wrong i think Vickery could be great ala Schulz. But we have a surplus of his type at our club. We need to cash in on this and bolster our mids. There is no point having Vickery, Griff, Mcbean and Elton all on our list if we can fit them all into our squad. IMO we have a gaping hole in our mids and one way to rectify this would be to trade a player which i believe could net us some value.

Sure Mcbean or Elton may not be as good as Vickery but i would rather have Mcbean in our squad with and A grade mid as apposed Vickery and Grigg.

You need to trade players of value if you want something good in return. Trading the likes of Edwards and Foley just isnt going to do it.

We won't trade Vickery.

My god we have idiots on this forum
Your right we probably wont. Which why this club will never win a flag.
We play it too safe and dont take the risks we need as a club to improve this squad.

Let me guess Edwards and our second rounder for WHE?

Your right we probably wont. Which why this club will never win a flag.
We play it too safe and dont take the risks we need as a club to improve this squad.

Let me guess Edwards and our second rounder for WHE?
WE have to be the worst club at holding onto players... look at Geelong.. always put the club first..

The fact the he signed makes it easier for us to shop him around assuming he is happy with the idea.
It means we dont have to worry about clubs like Melbourne, Brisbane or Saints threatening to pick him up the pre season draft for nothing.
Players under contract still move clubs only need to look at D.Tyson and H.Shaw.

WE have to be the worst club at holding onto players... look at Geelong.. always put the club first..
Ablett;)

Dont think we have been too bad. The only really good players to want out over the recent years would be Schulz and Ottens.

Ablett;)

Dont think we have been too bad. The only really good players to want out over the recent years would be Schulz and Ottens.
I meant it as in we always hold onto players when we should look to trade, eg. Holding onto Gasper when WCE offered their first round pick which ended up being Judd.. doesn't matter anyway we probably would of picked some Dudd..

I meant it as in we always hold onto players when we should look to trade, eg. Holding onto Gasper when WCE offered their first round pick which ended up being Judd.. doesn't matter anyway we probably would of picked some Dudd..
Sorry.

Yeah have to agree on that one.

I still think we need a guy who has silky skills and is as quick as they come.

Going by others i believe WHE could be this player

He can be, but they will still want to much so it won't happen, unless we give then our first pick which I really won't want them to do.

He can be, but they will still want to much so it won't happen, unless we give then our first pick which I really won't want them to do.

I would assuming we trade Vickery and assuming he can get us a pick around 15-20. With the amount of talls we could still get another good midfielder at that pick. Who knows maybe the club could trade another player to help improve this pick to an earlier one.

Its hypothetical obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back