Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I'll say on this, is one thing and ill leave it. Those I talk to know what I know and this article backs up old info I have already shared. The Pies are not as of now in the box seat. I would say 4 Melbourne clubs, the cats included have all made informal offers to Treloar, 2 of those clubs are clearly in front, and one of those from what I hear is us.

When I say clearly in front, I say that based on the offer and also the ground work we have done in the past 24 months.

I still believe he a seriously good chance to stay at GWS but if he does leave, I would not say that the pies are a lock to get him.
Based on past history this all but rules him out of coming to RFC

Collingwood should stop copying us
Copying Richmond? Not sure how you came to that conclusion. Pert confirmed on radio a month or so ago that we've been keen on Treloar for about 2 years.

Saw both of them play, shiel imo is def the better player, I hadn't seen much of him but he is very good player. Trelor to me just seemed like a good player nothing really special about him
To completely different players , shiel is outside and looks all class somewhat like lids. treloar is a inside beast with good skills and motor cross between cotchin and martin.

Hope i am wrong but looks like pies may get Treloar, Cats will get danger, what will we get.? Motlop may be. not a bad get by any means..!

Hope i am wrong but looks like pies may get Treloar, Cats will get danger, what will we get.? Motlop may be. not a bad get by any means..!

Don't think Treloar will go to Pies.

They are a little way off for me, too imbalanced and have a few major issues with their list tbh.

Frankly RFC should be the clear superior option for any young up and coming tbh.

They have down well to restructure a bit but they have talent skewed all over the place in terms of their ages and peaks.

Treloar going to Collingwood would be like walking into a minefield in terms of list direction

Don't think Treloar will go to Pies.

They are a little way off for me, too imbalanced and have a few major issues with their list tbh.

Frankly RFC should be the clear superior option for any young up and coming tbh.

They have down well to restructure a bit but they have talent skewed all over the place in terms of their ages and peaks.

Treloar going to Collingwood would be like walking into a minefield in terms of list direction

Hope you are right! The question remains what Treloar wants. If he chooses money and is willing to wait a 3-5 years to win a flag then collingwood is the right option for him. On the contrary, if he wants to win the flag in the next 2-3 he will come to RFC even on less Mulla..!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you are right! The question remains what Treloar wants. If he chooses money and is willing to wait a 3-5 years to win a flag then collingwood is the right option for him. On the contrary, if he wants to win the flag in the next 2-3 he will come to RFC even on less Mulla..!

I don't think anyone actually knows but it was reported we offered the longest contract being 6 years and slightly more coin....

Geez i hope we get AT as he is a jet, would free up other stars to play more time in the forward line....

GWS are also in a position with picks and cap, they have been fair and reasonable with Adams and Tyson so i don't expect given their situation they will knife the suitor

I think if he wants to win a flag 2-10 years RFC.

If win at Collingwood, 5-13 years if he is lucky. Pies have to get replacements for Cloke, Swan etc...Reid

FB: Grimes Rance Batchelor

HB: Houli Chaplin Vlastuin

C: Ellis Cotchin Grigg

HF: Martin Griffiths Deledio

FF: Vickery Riewoldt Edwards

R: Maric/Hampson Treloar Miles

I: Conca McIntosh C. Ellis Lennon/Knights
There is something missing in that team that I can't put my finger on....WAIT!!! that team is missing dead weight. Dead weight is what has been droped

Team looking great, but players go through injury and form issues... could still upgrade on Grigg and a good ruck man

No room for Motlop?

So trelor discussions would more than likley start with our first? Would we pay that?

We may be a chance to land him, but what will it cost? Can't see any players of similar value we'd want to let go to be honest...

Team looking great, but players go through injury and form issues... could still upgrade on Grigg and a good ruck man
I disagree. Grigg is a vital cog in our midfield at the moment and I think C. Ellis, McIntosh and Lennon would need to have a big few months to overtake him in the pecking order.

I wouldn't be too worried about injuries as with this side we would have quality depth as well - Menadue, McDonough, Astbury, Dea, Lambert, Hunt, Butler and McBean will all naturally progress next year and will be pushing for senior selection. Our list is in very good shape right now. We just need a few final pieces to complete our best 22 and I think we will be a serious threat in the next few years. Treloar should be our number one target and then a Motlop/Yarran type.
No room for Motlop?
If Motlop were to come in one of the youngsters would make way. I do believe Grigg will eventually be phased out though.

I'm happy hearing the list management people are taking steps to improve the list. Would be good to land a target we have been going after.....

I disagree. Grigg is a vital cog in our midfield at the moment and I think C. Ellis, McIntosh and Lennon would need to have a big few months to overtake him in the pecking order.

I wouldn't be too worried about injuries as with this side we would have quality depth as well - Menadue, McDonough, Astbury, Dea, Lambert, Hunt, Butler and McBean will all naturally progress next year and will be pushing for senior selection. Our list is in very good shape right now. We just need a few final pieces to complete our best 22 and I think we will be a serious threat in the next few years. Treloar should be our number one target and then a Motlop/Yarran type.

If Motlop were to come in one of the youngsters would make way. I do believe Grigg will eventually be phased out though.

Were on the same page, Grigg has been good in 2015, can always upgrade though... Also agree we have exciting talent that should start pushing through 2016/17

So trelor discussions would more than likley start with our first? Would we pay that?

We may be a chance to land him, but what will it cost? Can't see any players of similar value we'd want to let go to be honest...
I would definitely pay our first draft pick. At the moment we're getting somewhere around the 15 mark due to possible free agency compensations and our high ladder position. The draft is supposedly weak this year so if we could trade our first pick for someone who has borderline elite numbers and a very high ceiling I think we will be massive winners. I just can't see it happening. I think we would have to throw in a sweetener. Who that is I do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back