Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if he wants to win a flag 2-10 years RFC.

If win at Collingwood, 5-13 years if he is lucky. Pies have to get replacements for Cloke, Swan etc...Reid
Pies have the worst forward line in the comp and swanny is carrying the team unlike our old goat Newy

I wouldn't be surprised if its

Treloar & their 3rd Round for Our 1st round and Astbury...

They need KP backs, a 3rd rounder is too low for astbury but it makes up for a 1st rounder alone not quite being equal to treloar

Collingwood will have to give up more $$$ than us to get him because they are s**t but they will have a better offer tabled up for GWS cos they are going to get a better pick than us

That's why I dont see how we will get him unless we give em a decent player

^ not enough, gws would want a top 5 pick plus a pick in the teens/very early 20s
I know what they want, but doesnt mean they will get...
Unless he goes to a bottom 4 club they wont get that anyway, and he wont go to a bottom 4 club you would imagine....
If he nominates us, and thats a big IF, clubs these days generally go out of their way to get a deal done, plus don't forget, GWS have to get rid of players also, they dont hold all the aces here

^ not enough, gws would want a top 5 pick plus a pick in the teens/very early 20s
He's out of contract, that reduces what they can get for him
We don't have a Top 5 pick to offer so if he wants to come to Richmond then they need to find a trade that will actually have a chance of happening

He's out of contract, that reduces what they can get for him
We don't have a Top 5 pick to offer so if he wants to come to Richmond then they need to find a trade that will actually have a chance of happening
I 100% agree/understand, but gws aren't gonna bend over backwards and let us damn em

If he wants a premiership then he has to go to a club that doesn't have the pick GWS want. But GWS can play hard ball. So our first plus a player they want. Could be done. But GWS want to reduce their list not increase it. Interesting negotiations I reckon.

I will say it again small forwards who can't play midfield are a liability when the heat goes on . We loose one of Cotchin or Miles and we are rooted . We can't and shouldn't continue to expect them to carry the workload for a prolonged time . Cotchin , lids , Martin , Edwards are all capable of playing equalling as good , as a forward , as anyone in the game .
Miles is our only mid who can't go forward with great effect which he needs to work on.
Completely disagree with you. We don't need another A-Grade midfielder, do we need midfield depth YES but we shouldn't be selling the farm. We need a genuine small forward, not a bit player midfielder a 3 goals a game Eddie Betts, Cyril Rioli type is our biggest weakness at the moment. Midfielders we can pick up in drafts, quality, mercurial small forwards are diamonds.

If that is the case we will have to give him a miss.

I assume Adam is far smarter than that like Boyd with the bulldogs looking at lists rather than ladder position.

What might be more relevant is draft position end of year.

Remember it is about what we can do for Treloar in the future not what RFC has done in 2015.

Any astute investor knows that except unfortunately Ryder with Port:D

I think Boyd was looking at the ridiculous amount of money he was being offered. GWS have a list at least the equal of the Bulldogs.... They just had a KPP hole and he could fill and get paid far far more than he is worth.No brainer.... cash is still king sometimes...

I think Boyd was looking at the ridiculous amount of money he was being offered. GWS have a list at least the equal of the Bulldogs.... They just had a KPP hole and he could fill and get paid far far more than he is worth.No brainer.... cash is still king sometimes...

I am sure that had a bit to do with it to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he wants a premiership then he has to go to a club that doesn't have the pick GWS want. But GWS can play hard ball. So our first plus a player they want. Could be done. But GWS want to reduce their list not increase it. Interesting negotiations I reckon.

Still think Treloar may stay and other GWS players leave

We are the most desirable location from a football perspective. North are old and finished and the Pies have been exposed as pretenders in the last month.

-If he wants to win he'll come to Richmond.
-If he wants money he'll go to Collingwood and get his footy show money from Eddie.
-If he wants to destroy his career he'll go to North.

I have honestly no idea what we could give them though. I just hope the future draft pick thing is brought in this year.
I hate typing it but Collingwood would be an attractive destination for any player.
Fantastic facilities, money to burn, sustained culture of success.
Having said that...I spit on them, their culture, their toothless fans, and their boofhead El Presidente Senor El Gordo Eddie.

Completely disagree with you. We don't need another A-Grade midfielder, do we need midfield depth YES but we shouldn't be selling the farm. We need a genuine small forward, not a bit player midfielder a 3 goals a game Eddie Betts, Cyril Rioli type is our biggest weakness at the moment. Midfielders we can pick up in drafts, quality, mercurial small forwards are diamonds.
Players like Petrevski-Seton can do both......

Treloar/Motlop would be a huge coup, but highly unlikely.
Treloar/Anderson is very possible and would be fantastic!

I'd say rocking horse s**t rather than diamonds .
Rare but not wanted.
Cotchin and Edwards playing more in the forward line would more than equate to the output of betts .

Bisafe. mble by Doggies. Would you consider a Treloar deal (say it was 650-700k/year for 6 or 7 years) a gamble by the RFC or not bad (depending on what we had to give up)?

I wouldn't say its a gamble because Treloar is pretty safe, but 650-700k is bit rich for me assuming with cough up our first and a player like Astbury as well.

More inclined to get a cheaper Plowman or buntine or Hampton if Treloar was that pricy

I wouldn't say its a gamble because Treloar is pretty safe, but 650-700k is bit rich for me assuming with cough up our first and a player like Astbury as well.

More inclined to get a cheaper Plowman or buntine or Hampton if Treloar was that pricy

Can't say that Buntine has impressed me however he has been playing as a third key defender (or 2nd depending on injury) hasn't he?

Hampton could develop into providing us Yarran type run without the price tag, so would be an option.

Haven't seen much of Plowman.

Doubt many of those guys would have the immediate impact of Treloar though. 650k in 3 -6 years won't be the same as what it is now though in terms of cap space....

Can't say that Buntine has impressed me however he has been playing as a third key defender (or 2nd depending on injury) hasn't he?

Hampton could develop into providing us Yarran type run without the price tag, so would be an option.

Haven't seen much of Plowman.

Doubt many of those guys would have the immediate impact of Treloar though. 650k in 3 -6 years won't be the same as what it is now though in terms of cap space....

Why would 650k be any different for cap space? Could you have some valid assumptions on the next deal already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back