List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was never anychance Walker was going to leave the crows , He is very Jonno Brown like in his love for his club
Jack Riewoldt is also similar in their thinking about being a 1 club player

I personally believe all 3 of our current out of contract players in question will all sign and stay loyal, All of Rance Cotchin & Dusty should be offered 5 year contracts imo Dusty/Tross $550k and Cotch $750-$800

I reckon the club feels Jack needs help.
Probably, but as stated it would appear that we're not going to go out and sign someone just because we can, which I actually don't mind.

I'm.backing our current big men to step it up again this year Vic and Griff and McBean hopefully our next Richo. But would love Jones Sloane Elliot and draft pick up Duggan as a gun defender of HB

Which players would you target and why ?

ADELAIDE
Patrick Dangerfield
Richard Douglas
Andy Otten
Brent Reilly
Scott Thompson
Brodie Martin

BRISBANE LIONS
Jed Adcock
Matthew Leuenberger

CARLTON
Dennis Armfield
Andrew Carrazzo
David Ellard
Matthew Kreuzer
Chris Judd

COLLINGWOOD
Brent Macaffer

ESSENDON
Courtenay Dempsey
Brent Stanton
Tom Bellchambers
Dustin Fletcher
Tayte Pears
Jason Winderlich

FREMANTLE
Ryan Crowley
Paul Duffield
Michael Johnson
Luke McPharlin
Matthew Pavlich
Aaron Sandilands

GEELONG
Jimmy Bartel
Corey Enright
Tom Hawkins
James Kelly
Steve Johnson
Andrew Mackie
Dawson Simpson
Mathew Stokes

HAWTHORN
Luke Hodge
Sam Mitchell
Matthew Suckling
Brendan Whitecross

MELBOURNE
Colin Garland
Mark Jamar

NORTH MELBOURNE
Michael Firrito
Nathan Grima
Brent Harvey
Scott McMahon
Drew Petrie
Robbie Tarrant

PORT ADELAIDE
Kane Cornes
Tom Logan (rookie)

RICHMOND
Nathan Foley
Chris Newman
Alex Rance

ST KILDA
Sean Dempster
Sam Fisher
Sam Gilbert
Jack Steven
Adam Schneider (rookie)

SYDNEY SWANS
Adam Goodes
Heath Grundy
Ted Richards

WEST COAST
Sam Butler
Patrick McGinnity
Scott Selwood
Beau Waters

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Matthew Boyd
Jarrad Grant
Dale Morris
Robert Murphy
Easton Wood

Judd? Fletcher? Goodes? :confused:

I'd have a crack at the following, and they all have obvious reasons so I shouldn't need to list them.

Hodge, Johnson, Dangerfield, Mitchell. - I would probably only attempt to go for Danger at this point though.

The one non 'big name' player would be Suckling - the bloke has one of the deadliest boots I've seen in a long time, he's going to be a star.

I'll also never stop claiming the love I have for Jimmy Bartel. :oops: I've posted numerous times about how good he is and how he just gets his job done every week. He, in my opinion would be great for our young squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rance > Danger > Steven > Suckling > Selwood

I love Jimmy too but; he's old and zero chance he'd leave geelong. If he plays on next year too he'll be the 4th Cat to play 300 games, pretty prestigious company with Nankervis, Newman and soon to be 300 gamer Enright.

Danger and Steven are the obvious choices (in terms of age profile as well)

but my dark horse is Suckling. As someone else mentioned, lethal left foot when delivering the ball or taking shots at goal. creates run from the back half.

not sure many would call him a 'big fish' as such, but would be a very handy addition that wouldnt cost a fortune.

Id go all out for Hawkins IF Vickery or Griffiths dont provide that second option in the forward line, Then id go Danger after him. After Danger id proberly target Selwood and Steven and I agree with one of the post's above about Suckling, having Houli and Suckling in defence would be pretty safe.
I wonder how much Suckling and Steven/Selwood would cost combined compaired to someone like Danger. Could also trade for Shiel to if we wanted to.

Luke Dahlhaus another we should look at. Out of contract at the end of the year, and is reportedly unhappy at the Doggies, or has been in the past.

Apart from the obvious Danger, I think we should sit back and see where our list takes us this year and who steps up and what we require.
Unfortunately Coggs you have to start talks early with their Management and go the hard sell. Can't wait to years end unfortunately so have to have some sort of plan and targets .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back