List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a pretty big difference between wanting to use the existing mechanisms to gain players vs thinking there is a better way to do things.
You don't need to take the moral high ground on trades just because the rules exist now to do it a certain way

agree again.... but I just think the present system is good and doesnt need much changing.. allowing players to name their clubs because it is rewarding the clubs that have their s**t together, which I think is the fairest.

Regarding Hardwicks theory, I believe it would only apply to those who are still contracted for the next year or longer. For those that are coming out of contract at the end of a year it would appear that they would be traded to the clubs of their choice as they don't have a contract to enforce for the following year and would simply just refuse to sign and would walk and become a delisted free agent where they would be able to join whatever club they wanted to. That would leave their original club without compensation for losing their player.

Lol who said what to whom, when & for what reason, purpose and context...I'm lost...time for a Cascade Stout..

Haha, its all good man. nut was just referring to my opinions on this thread i would think. Correct me if Im wrong nut.

Anyway, this thread is getting side tracked, so lets all get back on topic IMO. LOL OMG11 only on the Richmond board do we do this to ourselves with our threads ;)

Are you saying I was the 1 who says Shiel nominates us, but I agree with Dimma?

No Bud. I mentioned that I understood actually where Dimma was saying in the FA thread discussing the article. That translates to me being one of those blokes that OMG 11 LOL believe everything the club has to say OMG LOL. I am also one that has been open about Shiel so it was directed towards me, its all good though, open mature discussion on this board is what makes our board great OMG LOL 111

Regarding Hardwicks theory, I believe it would only apply to those who are still contracted for the next year or longer. For those that are coming out of contract at the end of a year it would appear that they would be traded to the clubs of their choice as they don't have a contract to enforce for the following year and would simply just refuse to sign and would walk and become a delisted free agent where they would be able to join whatever club they wanted to. That would leave their original club without compensation for losing their player.

the club still has to delist them for them to become delisted free agents. Pretty sure the clubs can force them into the draft still.

Haha, its all good man. nut was just referring to my opinions on this thread i would think. Correct me if Im wrong nut.

Anyway, this thread is getting side tracked, so lets all get back on topic IMO. LOL OMG11 only on the Richmond board do we do this to ourselves with our threads ;)

What are you on about??? please dont tag me. There are about half a dozen posters in here that I was referring to and considering what Benny and Dimma are proposing has alot to do with the topic of attracting players. 17 clubs are after Shiel.... you dont have to be Einstein to work out we are putting our best foot forward in trying to sign him.

What are you on about??? please dont tag me. There are about half a dozen posters in here that I was referring to and considering what Benny and Dimma are proposing has alot to do with the topic of attracting players. 17 clubs are after Shiel.... you dont have to be Einstein to work out we are putting our best foot forward in trying to sign him.

Oh if you were not referring to me nut, I apologise.

I was just pointing out, there is already a thread dedicated to what Benny and Dimma proposed. Lets not derail this thread into that one.

All good :)

Of course it would because that suits us

the club still has to delist them for them to become delisted free agents. Pretty sure the clubs can force them into the draft still.
Clubs are loathe to lose stars/good young players, for free, when they can get something for them at the trade table.

Of course it would because that suits us
It has nothing to do with suiting us. It has to do with the clubs getting some power back in rebuilding/rejigging their lists. Anyway that's for discussion in the other thread not this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs are loathe to lose stars/good young players, for free, when they can get something for them at the trade table.

of course.... but some stupid clubs like Essendon lose players like Houli to us for nothing ..... If the AFL do decide to go down Dimma's idea it would make the PSD almost irrelevant.

Any idea how we propose to complete this trade? Not sure we'll have the currency, unless Dylan requests to be traded here and here only, which is unlikely. I bet Melbourne will pip us again with a higher pick :mad:
It's easy really we'll more than likely trade Conca our first rounder and swap a late pick to West Coast for Shuey and Gaff plus pick up Scott Selwood through Free Agency and then we can on trade Gaff in a straight swap for Shiel.

Why is there so much talk about Shiel? Surely to God some of the other players discussed as being out of contract would be far more suitable than him. Snag a player like Jeremy Cameron and we are immediately a top 4 contender. Even WHE would be a better option. If we are going to make a play for a GWS player, then it should be for the best available and that's not Shiel.

Why is there so much talk about Shiel? Surely to God some of the other players discussed as being out of contract would be far more suitable than him. Snag a player like Jeremy Cameron and we are immediately a top 4 contender. Even WHE would be a better option. If we are going to make a play for a GWS player, then it should be for the best available and that's not Shiel.

Out of the 6 GWS players named I'd have Cameron and Treloar on top of the tree. With WHE/Smith/Shiel not too far behind. Either will be a fantastic addition to our team.

Maybe Sheil is the only one thats shown interest in us. Still a very good player.

Because there is huge chance he is coming to Tigerland as he goes out with Choco's daughter and he's a gun. We don't need Cameron as we have Jack , Griff , Vickery and even last week Hampson out marked Maric on roar vision.

Out of the 6 GWS players named I'd have Cameron and Treloar on top of the tree. With WHE/Smith/Shiel not too far behind. Either will be a fantastic addition to our team.
Do we really need Cameron when we already have trouble trying to fit all our talls up forward?
Surely we have more pressing needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back