List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you need to sell while the stocks are high. We missed the boat on Vickery and Conca and we will never get what we could have gotten 2 years ago.

Just as easily Mcbean could make it, it could also go the other way. Correct he could be the next Gunston but he could also be the next Jayden Post. Think of it this way we hold to him for 2 more years and he turns to s**t. Then it will be **** RFC are so stupid we could have traded him for a late first rounder. This club is so dumb.

Also to all the other posters it was never mentioned a straight swap with GWS. Maybe another club help us facilitate the trade.

Also my 2 cents im not saying do it im just saying i can see the reasoning. We have 3 tall forwards already trying to squeeze into the side. The verdict isnt out yet we may still only play a 2 tall pronged forward line.

No Guarantee's they will all be there in 3 years - Remember Free agency is here and here to stay
Last year we were all worried if Griffiths will sign or not and were over the moon when he did, 2 years away from Vickery becoming a FA and 4 years away from Griffiths

We trade McBean the Vickery gets 3 mill 4 year deal from carlton and Griffiths is poched by Lepitch

Dear Ohh Dear

Were we not talking about depth Depth depth

No Guarantee's they will all be there in 3 years - Remember Free agency is here and here to stay
Last year we were all worried if Griffiths will sign or not and were over the moon when he did, 2 years away from Vickery becoming a FA and 4 years away from Griffiths

We trade McBean the Vickery gets 3 mill 4 year deal from carlton and Griffiths is poched by Lepitch

Dear Ohh Dear

Were we not talking about depth Depth depth
3 years is a long long time in football. Bring in the players now and we could have a premiership by then. If players leave for more money good luck to them.
We will be a destination club like the hawks and just easily we could lose someone hopefully more will want to come for unders.

I dont know who we will offer up, way to early IMO but to get Shiel, we would need to offer something good. IMO all players should be tradeable IF ONLY it improves our list and chance for a flag.

No but if we want to get something good we are going to have to offer up something decent in return.

We are not going to get Shiel with pick 12.
Something good like our 1st rnd pick.Why give up any more.Hawks only gave up their 1st rnd for O'Rourke.

Different type of player to Hogan but can see him becoming more physical as he gets stronger, He will be a very very different player in 2 years time with another 2 pre seasons and another 5-7 kgs on him.

He is not a stay at home FF and wont be played as 1 but more a Roaming CHF that has a fantasic mobile ability - Taller Gunston type
Let me ask you this question what would you prefer Gunston or Sheil ?

Small Fowards / Midfielders are a dime a dozen but 202 cm 100kgs Mobile 3rd fowards are hens teeth - You keep them for 5-6 years before making a decision
This is all predicated on GOOD talls or GOOD mids etc. At this stage Shiel has proven he is good at AFL and beany hasn't.

Something good like our 1st rnd pick.Why give up any more.Hawks only gave up their 1st rnd for O'Rourke.

O'Rourke has shown nothing though, Shiel is guaranteed gun

I'm sure O'Rourke will show is what he can do this year . Was as good a junior as Sheil but lighter frame and different player.

Well yeah, but the comparison on what you'd have to give up for them is silly.

LOL You see thats where you are missing the point !

On what basis do you believe that McBean wont get to that level ? he hasnt played a game yet and he has performed at a high level at vfl level
all indications are he will be very very good

I would suggest that if he doesn't play a game this year he is a long way off getting to a Gunston level. Gunston was kicking goals at the Crows early. I like McBean I think he has potential but he is far from a proven/guranteed product, unlike Shiel who is a gun midfielder.

Sometimes you need to sell while the stocks are high. We missed the boat on Vickery and Conca and we will never get what we could have gotten 2 years ago.

Just as easily Mcbean could make it, it could also go the other way. Correct he could be the next Gunston but he could also be the next Jayden Post. Think of it this way we hold to him for 2 more years and he turns to s**t. Then it will be **** RFC are so stupid we could have traded him for a late first rounder. This club is so dumb.

Also to all the other posters it was never mentioned a straight swap with GWS. Maybe another club help us facilitate the trade.

Also my 2 cents im not saying do it im just saying i can see the reasoning. We have 3 tall forwards already trying to squeeze into the side. The verdict isnt out yet we may still only play a 2 tall pronged forward line.

Spot on! Given McBeans lack of contested marking I see him as a very similar prospect to Vickery. Contested marking comes naturally and after playing football for 10-12 years up to now McBean isn't going to just all of a sudden click and become a contested marking beast. Personally I have the most confidence in Griff to be a decent second fiddle to Jack and he is the one I would be keeping around.

Well yeah, but the comparison on what you'd have to give up for them is silly.

Now it's like your posting for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back