List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you say that?

Went for a run this morning along beach rd. Ran past one of the wakelin twins didn't stop (why would i) then it occured to me i left the bathroom light on.
But he is filthy about the captaincy. The Crows are willing to sacrifice him to keep danger. My inside AFL source thinks he will be at a Victorian Club.

Any chance we could be looking at WHE rather than Shiel? Hasn't been performing anywhere near Shiel's level so far this year. Could maybe get him slightly cheaper.
We're not interested in him which is a shame. The Dogs Hawks & Blues are though.

We're not interested in him which is a shame. The Dogs Hawks & Blues are though.

WHE would be a great get. I just can't see him leaving atm. Too important to their prospects IMO and doubt he would not be highly regarded at GWS.

I would think GWS would be attempting to keep Treloar and WHE as a priority tbh. At least until their list base becomes far stronger and more balanced

Too much X Factor.
Jack Watts Zac Dawson Dennis Armfield Ayce Cordy Jarrad Grant are the types we'll be after given they are your battler type

Jack Watts Zac Dawson Dennis Armfield Ayce Cordy Jarrad Grant are the types we'll be after given they are your battler type
If we sign Dawson and Grant I will revoke all my memberships.

Gibbs and Murphy off the trade table......damn!!!
Would've been nice if other clubs wasted their time on these 2 Carlton hacks while Danger, Sloane and Shiel quietly walked into Punt Rd :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee Yarran was good tonight, Really lights it up when he turns the after burners on and precision kicking

What a waste in that Pathetic lineup,I would have him playing high half foward on the opposite side to lids with titch foward pocket

HF: Yarran - Griffiths - Delidio
F: Riewoldt - Vickery - Edwards

Burn Baby Burn
Possibly the most annoying thing in the world is Blooze supporters in the crowd all getting moist and saying stuff like "burners on" and "boost engaged" every time Yarran gets near it.

The smart clubs have already shifted their focus on all players being able to multiple roles including KPP and now ruckmen. It has been coming for years .
We need big athletic types with massive engines , the old 180 cm is now 190cms . That doesn't mean smaller types won't be needed but the larger bodies are going to become more important . Unfortunately the reality is the big bodied lumbering types like Ivan are going to become dinosaurs very quickly .

The smart clubs have already shifted their focus on all players being able to multiple roles including KPP and now ruckmen. It has been coming for years .
We need big athletic types with massive engines , the old 180 cm is now 190cms . That doesn't mean smaller types won't be needed but the larger bodies are going to become more important . Unfortunately the reality is the big bodied lumbering types like Ivan are going to become dinosaurs very quickly .
Hence Dimmas desire to get Vickery to come good. With him and Griffiths we'd have a pretty potent KPF/ruck combo

Hence Dimmas desire to get Vickery to come good. With him and Griffiths we'd have a pretty potent KPF/ruck combo
Wanting him desperately to come good when he often plays like a carbon rod, isn't what TRIB meant I don't think :p

Carlton clearly need a tall.
Would a straight swap for one of our talls do it? Griff/Vickery
Who gets burt in that deal and who needs to throw in a sweetener Carlton or Us?

It will be a deal where both supporters think they are getting reamed.
If we were to go after him or any other rated player then the logical offering is one of Vickery or Griffiths.

Both have been average players. We are getting close to the point where what you see atm is what you will get in the future. Both perform the exact same roles and do neither role to a high standard. Imo there is only a need to play one at any given time.
Both are ruck forwards and in time if he bulks up Mcbean could be one as well. So we have cover in the area.

From a poster on another site. He basically said this. Vickery and Griffiths perform two roles for us.They play as key forward and second ruck.
While both are decent back up rucks they don't have to do much there. They give Maric a break now and then, they don't really look capable of holding down the #1 ruck role.
Neither have shown enough to be considered good consistent Key forwards as yet. The concern is they may never, as each year roles by that becomes more unlikely. Jack of two trades master of none.

When i read this, especially the last comment it sort of coincided with my own thoughts. I thought it summed up both players and their roles rather well.
Imo there is a place for just one of them in the side. As a ruck forward.

When you look at these two that way, then put it into a list context. We have two ruck forwards Vickers, griffiths, possibly three with Mcbean. All three are more forward than ruckman hence they are ideally suited to the third tall second ruck role.
The continued concern being they are only ok in both roles.They need to be very good in one of those roles.

It seems to me we need to find a quality key forward, a master in the role to partner JR. This then allows us to play one of those lads as a ruck/forward.
Imo we have the ruck/forward role well and truly covered. We still search for a quality key forward.

It seems we Desperately need to find a Ruckman who can play first ruck at or close to big Ivans level. If he goes down we are going to be stuck with Hampson. I think just about every one agrees he is not the answer. Could one of Vickery or Griffiths take over Ivans role? They would have to improve out of sight and harden up somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back