Traded Blake Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking rookie list i still believe we should have not re-signed Cam Shenton, although i'm happily and hope he can prove me wrong just not sure where he fits or if he'll make it as an AFL footballer.

Thought we could have picked an upgrade on him in the RD, although if we did move on Cam was more likely Jolly would have been listed.

I thought you meant McQualter!

Mini or Minchi for a nickname?

I agree though, like the look of DM

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Ahh my mistake, I've wiped him from my memory. :p Could've sworn I saw people using that when talking about Minchington but maybe not.

As you were.

Talking rookie list i still believe we should have not re-signed Cam Shenton, although i'm happily and hope he can prove me wrong just not sure where he fits or if he'll make it as an AFL footballer.

Thought we could have picked an upgrade on him in the RD, although if we did move on Cam was more likely Jolly would have been listed.

I think you need to stagger the rookie list. No good cleaning it all out in one year and refilling it.

I like how Pelchen plays the odds.

Picking up a recycled player like Carlton with Nick Heyne ( for example ) will give you a mediocre player at best.
Talls in the draft are risky, get them elsewhere.
Hedge your bets.

If you can get three round one picks you are unlikely to wash out completely. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket ( looking at Andrew Lovett ) .

Reported to be a gun. Any idea how far away he is from playing AFL?

Might be a bit early to be bumping that quote :p

Maybe in a couple years/Brownlow's.:thumbsu:

Was actually in response to your quote on VFL game thread. ;)

Should have cut & paste it across there. :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know and understand why we had to let Dal go, but how good would it have been for Nicky Dal to take Blake under his wing in the same way Lenny has with Dunstan

When you watch the clips you can't help notice Jason Holmes getting involved in a few plays. He gets a hand in and seems to be a natural at getting into position. He looks like he really could make it to me.

I know and understand why we had to let Dal go, but how good would it have been for Nicky Dal to take Blake under his wing in the same way Lenny has with Dunstan

I know... one thing I noticed was that Acres is brilliant with the loose ball gets similar to Dal Santo, so it would have been a good fit. but anyway, its easy to see the class. Also did anyone notice Milera in the highlights - looked good there.

And one week later...

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-04-16/acres-on-the-rise

BLAKE Acres is in some ways the forgotten draftee.

Selected with pick No.19 last November, the rangy Western Australian was taken just one spot below Luke Dunstan, who he lives with now, and 16 selections after Jack Billings.

Of the three, Acres is the only one yet to debut.

But it won’t be long before Saints fans get to know the precociously talented Acres, whose pre-season was plagued by injury and a self-admitted naivety about the rigours of AFL football.

I know... one thing I noticed was that Acres is brilliant with the loose ball gets similar to Dal Santo, so it would have been a good fit. but anyway, its easy to see the class. Also did anyone notice Milera in the highlights - looked good there.

Yeah i thought the same thing. He moves well and looks clean with the ball.

If all goes well with Acres, we will have nailed the draft/trading period (even more so than previously). Blake oozes potential, but this potential is still a bit unknown given the shoulder problems last year. Hopefully he gets into shape, and the fact that he lives with Dunstan is brilliant. He'll feed off Dunstan's enthusiasm, and hopefully fulfils his potential.

To me Acres is like Farren But with more potential to play in different positions and more athletic capabilities. The way in which they move through the contest and their hands makes them quite simmilar.

To me Acres is like Farren But with more potential to play in different positions and more athletic capabilities. The way in which they move through the contest and their hands makes them quite simmilar.

Ray butchers the ball. If Acres' disposal translates to the AFL they will be on a different level as players.

i don't see the comparison tbh.

Acres is smoother than Ray. Certainly a better disposer & decision maker. I think he has more potential to become an elite midfielder than Ray. The way he moves through congestion is extraordinary (almost Pendlebury-like, as mentioned).

Ray is a better mark. probably more of a hard-edged scrapper too.

If Acres goes onto to play 180+ games for the Saints i'll be extremely happy.

Fisher's got him covered ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back