Toast Blinder: co-produced by Glenn Archer

Hard_to_Beat

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have pretty much had a gut full of nanny state social engineering via the vehicle of football, so I doubt i'll bother.

Page8383

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone seen it?
I saw a trailer, looked interesting and a bit original. Not many great footy films around, especially based in a country league - which this one looks like it is.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Anyone seen it?
I saw a trailer, looked interesting and a bit original. Not many great footy films around, especially based in a country league - which this one looks like it is.

Haven't seen it, but every review I've heard or read suggests that you'd probably rather watch last year's Elimination Final.

Engimal

Cancelled
10k Posts North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor Pantskyle Minecraft Shiny Penny Ruby
Apr 27, 2010
Tasmania
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just received a text message from the great man asking us to go and see the film. It received a very poor rating from Leigh Patsch, the HS film critic on AFL 360 last week. Will be interesting to see how it does perform.

Really? I've heard great things. Only negatives were that there wasn't enough of the film focused on the footy.

Really? I've heard great things. Only negatives were that there wasn't enough of the film focused on the footy.

I would not be put off by the views of any film critic. As the saying goes, "one man's trash is another man's treasure.

I prefer to make my own judgements as I have found so often that what might not appeal to the critics might still very much appeal to me.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
I would not be put off by the views of any film critic. As the saying goes, "one man's trash is another man's treasure.

I prefer to make my own judgements as I have found so often that what might not appeal to the critics might still very much appeal to me.

Basically.

Any film that isn't up for an academy award is crap according to those pretentious, self serving, pontificating sacks of s**t.

Aug 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
if arch was producer of this flic, how come the tigers and not the blue and white stripes are the winners ???

I have a premiership Torquay Tigers tattoo on my back from my footy hayday's. Def the best team won on this occasion.

Can't wait to see the film myself as brings back many great memories down at Torquay and in those very clubrooms. :thumbsu:

One criticism I heard is that some of the actor/players can't kick drop punts. At the family day Arch said that one of his many jobs as an ''executive producer'' was to assess the ability of the actors to look convincing as bush footballers.

It can destroy credibility when the alleged star sportsmen actors can't play their sport. A few years ago there was a star ex-AFL footballer in Home and Away. He came to Summer Bay to manage the caravan park. We were meant to believe that he was from the Swans and a mate of Plugger's. When he was having a kick to kick with the locals one night, it became obvious that he had never kicked a footy in his life.

Some of the players in the Bodyline series were pretty ordinary looking cricketers too, IIRC. Think Little Johnnie Howard opening the bowling.

IschenkoUBeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 18, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watched Blinder at the movies when it first came out. I enjoyed it, but probably because I went in with an open mind rather than what some c*** thinks in a newspaper or on TV.

Feel like having a bit of a "blinder" myself tonight. :D

Back