BLK Clash Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw the clash strip in Crowmania for the first time over the weekend. I didn't think it could possibly be any worse in person but it is.

The use of the wrong colours is extremely obvious when it's right next to our home guernsey.

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

So apparently this is Richmond's new clash guernsey.

80A7A3F4-F4B0-4B46-9340-4A2E5081A3C6.png

So we already know that the AFC claims that it's an AFL directive that all clash guernseys must be white. I really hope that our next clash guersney uses this shade of white as well.

I think it all depends on what teams they clash with.
They figure we clash with richmond, gold coast etc which both have yellow blue/black, which is why we wear white.
If they deemed richmond clashed with say Port and Carlton then this strip would be a good 'clash'

I dont agree with it, but I believe thats the thinking behind it.

I think it all depends on what teams they clash with.
They figure we clash with richmond, gold coast etc which both have yellow blue/black, which is why we wear white.
If they deemed richmond clashed with say Port and Carlton then this strip would be a good 'clash'

I dont agree with it, but I believe thats the thinking behind it.

More to do with what is in Richmond's constitution where they can only be yellow and black with the sash, apparently.

I don't know where this whole thing about that being Richmond's new clash jumper is coming from. Nothing about it on the AFL website, the Richmond site, or the BLK site. Remember how publicised our clash guernsey reveal was? You'd think there would be any kind of announcement from someone, yet there hasn't been. On top of that, there is now an apparent rule that all clash tops must have a certain amount of white on them. The main reason that this would be coming into play is because of Richmond last season where first West Coast were forced to wear their away top despite playing at home, and then Port Adelaide in the Elimination Final being forced out of their home top. I doubt that the main instigator of the whole thing is an exception to the rule.

More to do with what is in Richmond's constitution where they can only be yellow and black with the sash, apparently.
If that's true then to hell with their constitution (and Collingwoods while we're at it, and Ports just coz).

It's pretty standard that for an organization to be part of a group their constitution needs to contain key provisions. Therefore AFL can grow a set and impose a requirement that all clubs must allow in their constitution a clash strip that doesn't conflict with the home team whomever that may be.

Organizations can change constitutions it's not hard. Pretty sick of Vic clubs hiding behind this sort of nonsense.

So we already know that the AFC claims that it's an AFL directive that all clash guernseys must be white. I really hope that our next clash guersney uses this shade of white as well.
Is there any outrage for them using a SoO Guernsey?

Nothing wrong with a white guernsey if it's designed well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without reading the background on what we require in a clash strip, why not something like this? Obviously it clashes with Hawthorn but not no one else really? We can wear an alternate home guernsey against the Hawks just like every other club (except us) seems to be able to - see Richmond.

Excuse the shitty design skillz + our logo sucks but guess we gotta use it. Replace it when we decide to replace our logo!

HZpkQv6.png

it's funny how our home strip which is predominantly navy blue supposedly clashes with Hawthorn, yet making an all yellow strip (basically opposite to our home strip) makes the clash worse..

I really don't understand why we can't wear our home strip against Hawthorn... the fact we wore the white clash against Collingwood was also a farce

Without reading the background on what we require in a clash strip, why not something like this? Obviously it clashes with Hawthorn but not no one else really? We can wear an alternate home guernsey against the Hawks just like every other club (except us) seems to be able to - see Richmond.

Excuse the shitty design skillz + our logo sucks but guess we gotta use it. Replace it when we decide to replace our logo!

HZpkQv6.png
if going something like this design then the current training top with the new crow watermarked would do the jobber than this (better looking crow on it). Perhaps with the watermarked hoops added on it if wanting to keep that hoop element

HZpkQv6.png

The club said when they released the jumper last year that the AFL told them that it had to be x% full white and the clash jumper they designed has exactly that amount of white. That rule didn't apply to richmond but that's what the club said.

HZpkQv6.png
If you put the crow they sent out on the letterhead on that I would find it more appealing.

Ok, I had the displeasure of seeing in the flash our clash jumper and I can not believe how bad it is. It is a ******* joke, no it's a ******* embarrassment, an utter ******* disgrace. How we signed off on it is beyond me and if they haven't been sacked yet, they better be. It looks like some kids have got their texters out and coloured in part of a white football jumper. The yellow has an orange shading. The blue isn't remotely our colour blue. In fact none of the colours are our colours. And the only thing worse than the front? The back.

We want to be an authentic club with man discussions, well no man should have to wear that in a game of footy. It's like when you were in primary school and your mum dressed you in something that she thought looked good but was sure to see you cop s**t.

Allefgib I know we joked about bringing it up with Fagen but you must. This has to be a one season joke.

Ok, I had the displeasure of seeing in the flash our clash jumper and I can not believe how bad it is. It is a ******* joke, no it's a ******* embarrassment, an utter ******* disgrace. How we signed off on it is beyond me and if they haven't been sacked yet, they better be. It looks like some kids have got their texters out and coloured in part of a white football jumper. The yellow has an orange shading. The blue isn't remotely our colour blue. In fact none of the colours are our colours. And the only thing worse than the front? The back.

We want to be an authentic club with man discussions, well no man should have to wear that in a game of footy. It's like when you were in primary school and your mum dressed you in something that she thought looked good but was sure to see you cop s**t.

Allefgib I know we joked about bringing it up with Fagen but you must. This has to be a one season joke.
I can't like this post enough. They can fix the home jumper while they are at it too. Bring back the hoops.

This is our identity and BLK and whoever designed the away jumper have pissed all over it. It needs to be fixed, yesterday.

I can't like this post enough. They can fix the home jumper while they are at it too. Bring back the hoops.

This is our identity and BLK and whoever designed the away jumper have pissed all over it. It needs to be fixed, yesterday.
Have you seen it live? I was expecting it to be bad but not that bad. I just can't believe they expect a bunch of footballers to wear that in battle.

Have you seen it live? I was expecting it to be bad but not that bad. I just can't believe they expect a bunch of footballers to wear that in battle.
I was livid when i saw a picture of it. Then i saw it in the flesh, let me assure you, you are not exaggerating. It is beyond dreadful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back