PS4 Bloodborne

Remove this Banner Ad

STFU

:(

Sorry but I've tried many many times and now I'm at work so can't test if large doses of caffeine will help me.

I did the same thing at like 11pm last night and 12 minutes later I'd stormed through the area with all items ready to face the beast.

I played demon souls for the first time a few months ago and died like twice outside of boss fights and only a handful of times on the 6 or so bosses I did fight in total (1 shoting 2-3 of them) I felt well equiped to handle this and than those bastards took away my shied and laughed as I dodged into oncoming attacks like the noob I am.

Take comfort in knowing that I'm getting my ass kicked by the next boss.

SO GOOD!

Not me, the game. I'm s**t.

My hunter is a rip off of Bayonetta if she was in Kingsmen. The trick weapon that is a walking stick but also a whip is so ******* badass and dapper, especially when the hunter cracks it on the footpath to return it to the original form.

Only put in an hour last night after download completed. I'm already doing that thing where I am poking around exploring the opening area, pretending to look for secrets, but really I'm too chicken to progress and find out what's making those scary growling noises.

QUICK QUESTION, when you die, what does your soul recovery spot look like? IE: In Dark Souls, there was that glowing green spot that clearly stuck out. I can't find mine... Panicked when I died initially, no idea where it happened now!

QUICK QUESTION, when you die, what does your soul recovery spot look like? IE: In Dark Souls, there was that glowing green spot that clearly stuck out. I can't find mine... Panicked when I died initially, no idea where it happened now!

Sometimes it is on the ground, more likely the enemy that killed you absorbed them so you have to kill them in order to get them back. You can tell which one because their eyes glow red

Sometimes it is on the ground, more likely the enemy that killed you absorbed them so you have to kill them in order to get them back. You can tell which one because their eyes glow red

...I spent a good 10 minutes walking around looking for my souls the other night, wish I had known this haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tip for fighting Cleric Beast: don't be afraid to run away as his telegraphed attacks don't have much range. Just be patient and dodge/roll under his legs and attack a few times then dodge out of there away from his attacks. Rinse and repeat until he's dead. Yes you're gonna get hit and perhaps get thrown around like a rag doll occasionally, but this method worked for me 1st time. The trick is knowing when to stop attacking while under his legs, if you attack for too long he will grab you.

I kind of have no idea what I'm doing.

I worked out that these blood shards help level you up if you 'bank' them but I dunno what level I am or how many I need to level further.

I also worked out that the enemies respawn so if you die you do it all again and you can collect the blood shards you lost by killing the enemy that killed you as long as it's on the next turn.

So I cleared like the first area and ended up in a sewer somewhere and managed to find me some Hunter gear which is like twice as good as the starting gear so that's yay. Except I just died and lost 2.5k blood shards and I dunno if I can get back to that enemy again because I can't remember where it is exactly.

I haven't played Dark Souls before and only heard about it being tough and while Bloodborne is tough it's certainly not impossible, just wish there was a bit more explaining in how things work.

Also throwables suck having to go into inventory to throw them or I'm guessing I'm doing it wrong and there is an easier way?? Now I type this, is it like how I have to equip weapons in my hands, do I do the same for throwables?

Anyway it's a good game and I'm having fun. Wish the load times were less and the framerate is very choppy at times. Other than that all good

Also throwables suck having to go into inventory to throw them or I'm guessing I'm doing it wrong and there is an easier way?? Now I type this, is it like how I have to equip weapons in my hands, do I do the same for throwables?
Press start and at the bottom there are 6 slots. Put them in there. Then press square to use them. Scroll through them with the down arrow on the d-pad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back