FTA-TV Bloodline

Remove this Banner Ad

Because Chandler's character was the lead and Ben's wasn't, it has nothing to with who was better or more important to the story, often the supporting actor will have the more memorable scenes.

I agree with you though Mendelsohn is clearly the better actor here.

really? I thought Mendelsohn had enough scenes (as much as anybody else) and importance to be seen as the lead here. it is only down to award politics. not that it really matters, but its sticks out like a sore thumb

really? I thought Mendelsohn had enough scenes (as much as anybody else) and importance to be seen as the lead here. it is only down to award politics. not that it really matters, but its sticks out like a sore thumb

It's because Chandler's character was the protagonist, it was his story. I agree that Ben had just as much air time and a more prominent role but that's because he was the antagonist and he needed to have such a big role because conflict pushes the story forward, this is why the major supporting actor often has the best scenes in movies and TV. It has nothing to do with air time or politics, it's just down to the way the character roles are written.

Just finished it, wow what a show. Mendelsohn is amazing, just so unsettling. But yeah kinda agree with others that the last scene felt a bit off, would have probably had more impact if this was a 1-and-done mini series type deal... but hey we're getting more Danny in season 2 so I remain optimistic.

Who does everyone think was watching John and Kevin plant the drugs in Danny's apartment? At first I just assumed it was his son and Danny had given him the t-shirt, then I thought hmm that kid looks kinda goth, doubt he'd be getting round town in a bright blue shirt advertising a local business. Carlos maybe?

Also wonder what the old police guy has dug up ('your children are lying to you'). That guy really is the fly in the ointment, probably wouldn't have got to the stage it did had he not taken it upon himself open old wounds while he was in town for the dad's funeral.

Finished it last night, good show. Last episode was a bit errr.

Kevin is the biggest ******* douchebag.

As for watching the planting of the drugs - I thought Carlos too (though I swear his name is Marco? :D)

Marco is (was?) John's partner, briefly engaged to his sister Meg. Carlos is the ex-employee with a drinking problem that Danny roped into helping with the drugs after Meg represented him in the assault case.

Finally season 2 of Bloodline is returning to Netflix next Friday night. Been waiting ages to find out how Danny returns in some way.

Will probably binge the whole season 2 next weekend :D

So season 2 is supposed to be hitting netflix today.
Can't wait, really enjoyed the first season.
It's good seeing Coach Taylor on TV again. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got any impressions yet (not spoilers plz :) )
Hoping to watch some of it after work tonight.

Only 2 eps in, things shaping up nicely. Gonna be a big season for kevin I think and not in a good way. Good casting for Danny's kid, decent resemblance and even has a few of his mannerisms. Kinda missing Danny but without spoiling anything u do get a small bit of him.

very good season 2, though Ben Mendelsohn is nonexistent for most of it. the rest of the cast though get their chance to shine and they did. Chandler will get an emmy nomination again and the other siblings, sissy spacek and the son of Danny were excellent. Danny's flashbacks have a bittersweet sad tinge to it with him trying to not * up like his father did. Also dug it when John rayburn was getting lectured a little by Dead Danny. the creators of this show showed in Damages that they can maintain quality of multiple seasons and imo they have here. recommend it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back