Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #bluemour

Dangerfield would be a terrific asset no doubt but is that the way we'd go?
Given all that is coming out from Trigg, SOS, Malthouse and Rogers, do we now go and put all our eggs into the one basket?

Will make for interesting discussion through the year whether you're better off with 1 * 1.25mil player.......that you get for free (?)..........or 2 needs players that you have to trade for? Before someone posts that Mexican Girl, we just wouldn't have the money for Dangerfield and let's say a Treloar or Shiel.

I think we have to realise that these types of trades a) dont come around all that often and b) aren't that easy to do so if there's a chance to get Danger then perhaps we go for it. It's not necessarily s case of a choice between Danger and two other players as we may not necessarily be able to get those two other players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a fabulous player and would benefit our team no end but the resources used and sacrifices made to get him in navy blue - imo - would be better directed at recruiting for need. Clape, Dew, Pearce, Ottens, Leigh Brown, Dawes - heaps of players brought in to play a role in big games. Seems the way to go for mine. No more heroes/saviours please.

If we show some very positive signs by the end of this season (particularly in the forward line), there would be a case to make that someone like Dangerfield is worth throwing a bucket of cash at.

Peraonally, unless the young midfielders we have high hopes for don't show anything, I would prefer the club to chase a key forward. It all depends on what deficiencies show up in 2015 - trades and free agents are all about fixing problems short-term.

I am a bit confused with this two thread thing ODN...hope I have done this right?? :)

Rumours go in both threads. The other one people can go in and read just rumours, no sifting through pages of discussion about the rumours. This one people can discuss to their hearts content. If a poster has not put the rumour in this thread as well, just quote it across and start discussing.

Caters for most of the complaints we received about the old one.

I am a bit confused with this two thread thing ODN...hope I have done this right?? :)

TL, you're such a stirrer that you'd probably go out to find genuine rumours JUST so you can post them in the discussion thread instead of the bluemour thread.

Also, surely there's no need for the #bluemour tag in the other thread because in theory every post in there is an actual rumour...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, surely there's no need for the #bluemour tag in the other thread because in theory every post in there is an actual rumour...

I did consider that but was more thinking of those who might follow the #hashtag trending on BigFooty, back to the thread.

He's a fabulous player and would benefit our team no end but the resources used and sacrifices made to get him in navy blue - imo - would be better directed at recruiting for need. Clape, Dew, Pearce, Ottens, Leigh Brown, Dawes - heaps of players brought in to play a role in big games. Seems the way to go for mine. No more heroes/saviours please.
I would love to see Dangerfield in the "Old Dark" as well, but agree that the sink needs to stay in the kitchen. Just looking at the free agent list and not sure who I would be all that excited about other than Danger and Kreuzer. Jack Steven could add to our list but at what price.
I can't help to think that we may see another year of "under the radar" trading for players with AFL system experience/potential instead.
Seems that this is the way the club is posturing with media comments and the appointment of SOS.
Happy Blue Year.

I know what you are saying but when you can get a player the calibre of Dangerfield without trading for him, it's a no-brainer for mine.

I think Mick has already done an outstanding job accumulating these role players from other clubs - they will only shine brighter with a star like Dangerfield leading them into battle!

If he were to ask for ridiculous money then it might be a no go, but if his contract demands are reasonable I doubt we'd think twice.

I now officially have my hopes up. :straining:

Yes of course no more saviours and messiah types. But this mentality shouldn't stop us from being extremely aggressive and going for A-Grade talent. Gibbs, Murphy and Judd are our only real current standout AFL A-Graders.

No chance Danger would be keen if we're looking at a bottom 8 finish again. I think he'd be fairly success-driven and would want a flag. Need a semi-final appearance for him to even consider I reckon.

Whilst I really don't think we'll get Paddy, I'd be perfectly happy if he leaves Adelaide & goes anywhere but Collingwood. Couldn't get Gibbs & losing Paddy & potentially Sloane? Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back