Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheaper in terms of salary....sure.....but AT and DS aren't free agents.....so not necessarily "cheaper" depending on what we need to give up.

It's a tough one isn't it and we'll all have a different view on what may be best.
Paying up to 1.2 mil for one player isn't exactly what I'd call a free hit either, as it may cost you elsewhere.

There's no question we need quality mids but would we sooner Dangerfield and keep our picks or lose our picks and and a player, in order to acquire possibly 2 quality mids?
Draft picks are great and could well be too good to let go, dependent on, a. Where we finish. b. The quality of player we may attain with that selection, so many factors have to come into account, although if the likes of Jaksch, Whiley, DVR, Boekhorst, Smith etc show up plenty this year, whilst we're still developing Byrne, Giles, Holman etc we may just feel that the foundations are there and a couple of 22 year olds may hold us in a good state for a longer period of time.

A lot of assumptions I know and that's why we got Silvagni, I guess.

You cant trust you throw 1.2 million at a player and not run the risk he has an injury and rubs himself out for the year. The risk factor is too great for my liking. Kouta was a perfect example.

I want to know why Juddy changed his mind, for less than $300k for the year. Juddy is not the kind of guy who is persuaded to change his mind. None of us reasonably expect we are flag contenders this year, so why go around one more time, and probably for a figure of money way less than what he could earn out in the real world? For the love of the game? I dont think so.

He had mentioned late last year that it was the first time in a while (I cant remember what period of time he said) when you knew what you were getting from the 21 other blokes you ran out with. Besides that Port belting because we could barely field a side, we were a bloody good side come seasons end and you felt we were right at the tipping point for winning the big games. Beat North by 23 (arguably our best game of the season), lost to Freo by 5 in Perth, beat Gold Coast by 39, lost to Geelong by 6, drew with Essendon.

Why Juddy? Why are you gracing us with another year?

You cant trust you throw 1.2 million at a player and not run the risk he has an injury and rubs himself out for the year. The risk factor is too great for my liking. Kouta was a perfect example.

I want to know why Juddy changed his mind, for less than $300k for the year. Juddy is not the kind of guy who is persuaded to change his mind. None of us reasonably expect we are flag contenders this year, so why go around one more time, and probably for a figure of money way less than what he could earn out in the real world? For the love of the game? I dont think so.

He had mentioned late last year that it was the first time in a while (I cant remember what period of time he said) when you knew what you were getting from the 21 other blokes you ran out with. Besides that Port belting because we could barely field a side, we were a bloody good side come seasons end and you felt we were right at the tipping point for winning the big games. Beat North by 23 (arguably our best game of the season), lost to Freo by 5 in Perth, beat Gold Coast by 39, lost to Geelong by 6, drew with Essendon.

Trying to qualify for long service leave.

What would we have to give up for one if not both the giants boys?

Let's say we finish bottom 4 and Kruezer does decide to go as a free agent. Would picks 4 and 5 get them both?

Simple enough a question but a very good one to which the answer would give us insight into the general feel within the playing group at the CFC.

Reckon it will be asked through the course of the year and we'll get our answer.
Whichever way though, I'm glad he's going around again as would every other player at the CFC.

Simple enough a question but a very good one to which the answer would give us insight into the general feel within the playing group at the CFC.

Reckon it will be asked through the course of the year and we'll get our answer.
Whichever way though, I'm glad he's going around again as would every other player at the CFC.
If it is as simple as the answer he gave (and not just some dribble that he gave for the media) then we did turn a corner in the last 6 games of last year and we can expect something this year. Not forgetting in those last 6 games we had nothing to play for - North, Geelong, Freo, Port (who towelled us up) and Essendon all did. Besides the Port blemish we either won (North) or were within 6 points and this is against teams that finished 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th (Port finished 5th). Now its one thing to play well when finals are on the line and you are jostling to be a part of it or claim a top 4 spot / home final, but it takes character to fight those sides to the wire like we did with nothing to play for and the club ethos at that point in time was "this is training for 2015" and if you couple Juddy returning against his decision to retire (and lets not forget he already booked his trip away which is why he returned back late to pre season training) you gotta think that something special is coming this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone saying we should go hard after Treloar and Shiels... what a good laugh.

All it is going to take is 3 teams making first round bids on Silvagni, Bradley and Rice and we are out of the first 3 rounds unless we trade in.

And that happens before the trade period starts so we could really be out of the trade period before it even begins. So going for Dangers for nicks is going to be our best option I reckon.

Everyone saying we should go hard after Treloar and Shiels... what a good laugh.

All it is going to take is 3 teams making first round bids on Silvagni, Bradley and Rice and we are out of the first 3 rounds unless we trade in.

And that happens before the trade period starts so we could really be out of the trade period before it even begins. So going for Dangers for nicks is going to be our best option I reckon.
Do we know at this early what kind of talent these boys have that we could reasonably expect if other teams may bid on them, and if so with what draft picks?

Big $$$ being thrown at Kreuzer. The boy is not entirely happy at being groomed as a forward also. Club confident he is staying, but we have some work to do.

#bluemour
I would love to see Kreuzer coming out in the preseason and making a massive statement as a ruckman and forcing the club to use him as our #1 ruckman and player Warnock in the VFL all season. Honestly out of the 3 of our proper rucks, Kreuzer, when he is on song, and Wood are ahead of Knockers for second and third efforts.

Do we know at this early what kind of talent these boys have that we could reasonably expect if other teams may bid on them, and if so with what draft picks?
It might be harsh, but I really hope the club doesn't pay overs for a father/son player because of their name. I doubt they would, but there's always a little doubt in the back of my mind that someone high-up will say "I don't care what it costs, we need another Silvagni/Bradley in the team!"

I doubt very much that SOS quit GWS because he didn't like what they did over the trade period. He was front and centre during the trade period. It was his job.

He came to Carlton because those that might make it uncomfortable back there have moved on, he is friends with the president and there was a clear role for him there. There is also the prospect that one of his sons could end up playing back in Melbourne and his family would be split up between Melbourne and Sydney. His wife is still working with Women of Carlton and fundamentally they are Carlton royalty.
#EFA

It might be harsh, but I really hope the club doesn't pay overs for a father/son player because of their name. I doubt they would, but there's always a little doubt in the back of my mind that someone high-up will say "I don't care what it costs, we need another Silvagni/Bradley in the team!"
They will only cost as much as the next club is willing to pay (ie. draft pick) for them. My impression is that they need to be more talented than what the rival club offers up for them, because they always run the risk of the "go home" factor if they do get picked up. For example, you have had 2 generations of Silvagnis at the club. You cant tell me a Collingwood is going to offer up a 2nd rounder to get them unless he is a top 10 pick.

I guess what I am saying is, unless they are a serious top 10 selection, clubs are only going to offer up "unders" in terms of draft pick selection to get them, because the risk/reward with that strong tie to the fathers club is just way too high.

th
You shouldnt be leaving your dinner outside like that... anyone might find it

They will only cost as much as the next club is willing to pay (ie. draft pick) for them. My impression is that they need to be more talented than what the rival club offers up for them, because they always run the risk of the "go home" factor if they do get picked up. For example, you have had 2 generations of Silvagnis at the club. You cant tell me a Collingwood is going to offer up a 2nd rounder to get them unless he is a top 10 pick.

I guess what I am saying is, unless they are a serious top 10 selection, clubs are only going to offer up "unders" in terms of draft pick selection to get them, because the risk/reward with that strong tie to the fathers club is just way too high.

They may not feel that same love for the club if they are exiled to Adelaide for 2 years because the club didn't rate them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then it will give us a bit of coin to play around with in the cap if he most likely retires at the end of this season.

Do we want to splash out on a champion midfielder in their prime if we feel the rest of the team is not capable of carrying us to the top 4 the next season or the one after that?
If we finish top 8 and win a final this year... yes... get in another champion midfielder. You can never have enough elite talent in the side.

Genuine giggle there.

Seriously though they would substantial passive income. Anyone who doesn't reckon CJ would have built some impressive investments needs their head read.

Just another area the young'uns can learn from him.
He apparently has a pretty impressive property portfolio over here in WA from his time with the weagles.

I honestly think that we would be going for Silvagni with our 4th round pick... I dont think that there is any other club, apart from possibly GWS, who would even consider taking one of the Silvagni boys in the bidding process. Bailey Rice might be interesting because both St Kilda and us have dibs on the lad but I think that the rumours of him preferring Carlton as a destination might see him go to us. I dont see either club bidding higher than a second round pick for him. Jake Bradley could possibly go the round after Silvagni in my opinion.

However, stranger things have happened in this world and GWS could be smarting a bit by the defection of SOS to Carlton might try and snaffle Jack just to piss us off. Especially if the rumours surrounding AT start getting louder towards the end of the year. Hopefully Bailey will come out and nominate Carlton as his preferred destination as a F/S and we could end up going for the kids with our 4th, 5th and 6th round picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back