Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers MH. I think another part of it was wanting to make sure that they didn't get the nod over a 'no-name' player in the draft because of their family ties. Again, I am sure the club will be sure of who they want well before the end of the season anyway!
I guess you have to factor in that loyalty though. What is it worth? We rate him pick 60 so we would use a pick 50 on him if need be because we have a higher than usual chance this guy aint leaving us if he comes good? I guess a lot of it comes down to gut feel, but youd suspect they would do their rankings of the entire draft as best they could at the point of clubs nominating for those f/s, and if someone does nominate them then you simply gotta look at them in your pecking order and perhaps like i say if the kid is within say 10 picks of that in your ranking maybe you use that pick on them. I dunno, just speculating. That would be my tactic i suppose.

More importantly, how are these kids travelling? Perhaps we need to open a father/son thread to keep an eue on these kids.

Everyone saying we should go hard after Treloar and Shiels... what a good laugh.

All it is going to take is 3 teams making first round bids on Silvagni, Bradley and Rice and we are out of the first 3 rounds unless we trade in.

And that happens before the trade period starts so we could really be out of the trade period before it even begins. So going for Dangers for nicks is going to be our best option I reckon.
Fortunately or unfortunately i don't think we are going to need to use our first pick for any of those boys. Depending on development this year, early discussion is that SOS jar will cost us a late 2nd rounder early 3rd....

Fortunately or unfortunately i don't think we are going to need to use our first pick for any of those boys. Depending on development this year, early discussion is that SOS jar will cost us a late 2nd rounder early 3rd....

If anything. The boy has to prove he has what it takes yet.
Got a way to go still.

Father/Sons are great when you finish on top of the ladder and then have access to possibly the best young player in the land.

Unless rules change, Sydney will likely kill it again with Dunkley & Mills this year.
If for instance they win the Premiership and take Mills (Academy selection) with their first @ #18, they'll have access to Dunkley as a F/S @ #36.
On current standings that makes for a real win and not picking up one of the boys possibly available to us.

Daniher was the big win for Essendon in recent years whilst McDonald & Moore may have fallen not too far away from where they would have, should they have not been eligible for F/S
Cordy & Stretch also may not have been huge wins for their respective clubs.

Why exactly would the better player be a more realistic get? :p
I think it may be due to attitudes they have towards Carlton.
DS has stated that he no longer follows the Blues and has links with Richmond.
AT still holds affection towards Carlton and is a big Judd fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We haven't possibly got the trade collateral to snag a Treloar or Shiels. At this stage GWS wants early picks for players.

If we think one of our father and sons are going to be guns.. the club and kids families should get together to orchestrate a means to ensure they drop down other clubs pecking orders.. wink wink...

I was just putting forward a scenario... in a later post, I put where I thought we would actually be able to get them unless someone else jumped in and pushed us up a bit higher. Jack could be pushed as high as a second rounder but honestly, any club that tries to force us and beats us to Jack has to know that he will see out his first contract with them and walk.

If we think one of our father and sons are going to be guns.. the club and kids families should get together to orchestrate a means to ensure they drop down other clubs pecking orders.. wink wink...

I've only seen Bailey Rice play at this stage, but reading about Silvagni and Bradley neither of them are going to cost us much at this stage.
Will be keen to see how their improvement goes throughout the year.

I've only seen Bailey Rice play at this stage, but reading about Silvagni and Bradley neither of them are going to cost us much at this stage.
Will be keen to see how their improvement goes throughout the year.
Well then perhaps the wheels are in motion... behind closed doors they're all primed.. out on gameday they're just so and so...

My guess is that Jack wouldn't really be on anyone's radar, yet.

He just turned 17, which means he was 16 all through last year's season. And my understanding is that he has only been playing school footy (?).

I know scouts start early, but if you aren't some kind of wunderkind I imagine most of the spotting happens once they play TAC, under 18 etc?

We managed to get Jaksch, so you never know what we could do at the end of this season.

True, but in that instance, GWS needed our pick in order to facilitate the Ryan Griffen trade, also I suspect after this season, Treloar and Shiels trade value will increase substantially.

Going by what Trigg said recently with Carlton needing to build through the draft, it doesn't seem like we'll be going down the path of trading away early picks anyway.

If push came to shove, would prefer Treloar over Shiels. Definitely would like the club to have a crack at him, even if it does seem pretty unlikely.

True, but in that instance, GWS needed our pick in order to facilitate the Ryan Griffen trade, also I suspect after this season, Treloar and Shiels trade value will increase substantially.

Going by what Trigg said recently with Carlton needing to build through the draft, it doesn't seem like we'll be going down the path of trading away early picks anyway.

If push came to shove, would prefer Treloar over Shiels. Definitely would like the club to have a crack at him, even if it does seem pretty unlikely.
Would treloar be worth more than Beams?

Would treloar be worth more than Beams?

Probably not, but I assume that GWS will have more then one club to do a potential deal with, plus there is whispers of Collingwood accepting a less then market value deal for Beams, because of off-field issues.

Actually think we might be better off trying to lure James Aish, then the two GWS lads, many on the Brisbane board seem resigned to him leaving.

Considering they have a ruck shortage issue, Warnock and a 3rd rounder should seal the deal :) (they would do it if Voss was still coach)

Brisbane are one team to watch regarding potential young kids coming out of contract, esp as it seems Al Bundy (Christensen) is on massive money apparently.

Considering they have a ruck shortage issue, Warnock and a 3rd rounder should seal the deal :) (they would do it if Voss was still coach)
Really? Stefan Martin was killing it for them last season.....and Luenberger has had as much luck as Kruezer with regard to injuries.

Really? Stefan Martin was killing it for them last season.....and Luenberger has had as much luck as Kruezer with regard to injuries.

It was a bit tongue in cheek mate, seriously doubt any other club is willing to take on Warnock, unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back