Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we did get Dixon (which seemed like quite likely earlier in the year) then it may just be a case of having to put Henderson to the back-line, if we did indeed retain him.

I think that there may be some weight on where we finish as to what we may do.
If we have a choice between Weitering and Schache, I wonder whether we work the rest around that. I don't know.

Dixon is a gun but it a silly move imo.

We'd have to give up our first pick and some, plus pay him 800k a year.

Wouldn't we be better off keeping the pick 1 or 2, building some more young talent, then spending that 800k on a free agent when we are ready to challenge, possibly even get Dixon then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we did get Dixon (which seemed like quite likely earlier in the year) then it may just be a case of having to put Henderson to the back-line, if we did indeed retain him.

I think that there may be some weight on where we finish as to what we may do.
If we have a choice between Weitering and Schache, I wonder whether we work the rest around that. I don't know.
The way I see it is, Gold Coast finish last and take Weitering and Brisbane finish second last and take Schache (who has already suggested that he would like to play for Brisbane like his father).

EDIT: One thing that would be interesting is that if Dixon leaves as a free agent - Brisbanes play will be dictated by where they finish. If Brisbane finish second last - theres less incentive to pick up Dixon, because his age and contract would be Band 1 compensation. Meaning that Gold Coast would get picks 1 & 2 if Dixon leaves to Brisbane - this could mean Brisbane wouldnt be able to take Schache. The only way I see that working is some sorta deal where they take Dixon as FA, Gold Coast get pick 2 as compo, then agree to trade it to Brisbane for pick 3 + a player.

The way I see it is, Gold Coast finish last and take Weitering and Brisbane finish second last and take Schache (who has already suggested that he would like to play for Brisbane like his father).

EDIT: One thing that would be interesting is that if Dixon leaves as a free agent - Brisbanes play will be dictated by where they finish. If Brisbane finish second last - theres less incentive to pick up Dixon, because his age and contract would be Band 1 compensation. Meaning that Gold Coast would get picks 1 & 2 if Dixon leaves to Brisbane - this could mean Brisbane wouldnt be able to take Schache. The only way I see that working is some sorta deal where they take Dixon as FA, Gold Coast get pick 2 as compo, then agree to trade it to Brisbane for pick 3 + a player.
Dixon is not a FA

If we don't use our low finish and the PSD to snare a quality player, or at least leverage a trade bargain, then we're idiots. We can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Most managers, players and clubs won't allow that to come about...................although Carlisle :)

Thought I'd read that he was because Gold Coast pre-listed him and that time counted. In that case, do not want. Would have to give up too much to get him.
I think he's a free agent at the end of 2016. So depending on what happens with compensation picks, Gold Coast may be willing to trade him at the end of the year for a slight discount, rather than lose him for nothing in 2016.

I hope we just go to the draft for a few years. Dixon is clearly a great player and Carlisle is pretty good too, but I would just like us to build up to making finals before we look at bringing in ready made players

How do you know about that this on dixon. Isn't he going to lions as many think

Who's to say we won't finish last or second last, I mean we don't have to win we do play lions again at the gabba. The SOS master plan remember he's a big fan and wants weitering ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

link-baiting-case-study.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back