Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the list of coaching candidates has been narrowed down to Simon Lloyd, Brendan Bolton, Stuart Dew and John Barker, and the coach will be announced by the end of August! #bluemour
The list of four isn't really that hard to work out. Barker is on the list naturally and the other three have pretty much been confirmed by their respective clubs mentioning that we have spoken to them. Trigg said that we would be in a position to appoint someone by the end of next month in his CEO's Desk press release, so that's where the end of August has come from, but I'm not sure if we will have an actual announcement then, or post finals, if the winning candidate is still playing through September.
Trigg also said that they wouldn't be naming any short lists out of respect for all the candidates that have been contacted, just that there are several strong candidates.

I am pretty sure I heard on the radio news this morning that Trigg said the race was still wide open, wasn't just 4. But I can't find a source.

Posted in this thread yesterday (From the CEO's desk) ..........

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/from-the-ceos-desk.1090624/page-5#post-39881221

Briefly, the search for our new senior coach continues. After an exhaustive process of scouring lists, names, references and referrals – we have undertaken a series of preliminary interviews with potential candidates. Those preliminary discussions have centred on assessing the candidates’ 'fit' with our Club and our needs. That is, their personal qualities, experiences and their capacity to be able to specifically lead and develop.

We have been asked many times about the names of potential candidates. While a couple of other clubs have revealed their hand regarding a potential candidate coming from their ranks, it's our concrete policy that we won't talk about any names – out of respect for those people and the process.

What we can say however, is that from the 150+ currently active coaches, development coaches, and indeed ex-coaches – as well as the emerging 20 or so who we have engaged in discussions – there are several who emerge as strong candidates for our Club. We will take them through as rigorous a process as we can, and later next month should be in a position to make a call on it.

Caro said on FC last night that this search is still open.

Bolton and Comporeale the two names she mentioned. Said Barker was never in the running
Camporeale would be a real interesting one. How disillusioned/upset was he when he left CFC?

Caro said on FC last night that this search is still open.

Bolton and Comporeale the two names she mentioned. Said Barker was never in the running
Barker most certainly was and is in the running. The club love how he handles himself and how he has grown in the top job...I doubt he'll get the job but he at least put a strong foot forward.

I hope he stays with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The list of four isn't really that hard to work out. Barker is on the list naturally and the other three have pretty much been confirmed by their respective clubs mentioning that we have spoken to them. Trigg said that we would be in a position to appoint someone by the end of next month in his CEO's Desk press release, so that's where the end of August has come from, but I'm not sure if we will have an actual announcement then, or post finals, if the winning candidate is still playing through September.
Trigg also said that they wouldn't be naming any short lists out of respect for all the candidates that have been contacted, just that there are several strong candidates.

Is there any need or anything to be gained from talking to the media re this topic. The more and more I listen to and observe Trigg I believe he truly likes the sound of his own voice and self importance. He could have and should have not commented on Malthouse regarding his surprise to his comments and that he had strayed from the message etc. He enflamed the situation by airing his thoughts in the media. Pretty amature stuff from a supposed experienced, polished CEO. I'm not impressed thus far at all.

McKenna? The guy who was gifted umpteen first round draft picks, the best player in the comp, a fancy new ground and training facilities, and was sacked just in time to avoid being in charge of wooden spoon campaign?

Perfect fit for Carlton.
McKenna was not gifted those picks, I believe the Suns and there head recruiter were gifted those picks! Maybe you never played footy, but there are a lot of people at every club that have roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back