Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a rumour but thinking that with some of the recent revelations that Mike Fitzpatrick might be on limited time at the AFL.

Does this potentially free him up to join with say a Tom Elliott to put together a ticket and come back to the Blues and sweep the place clean. I'm sure he'd have a fair idea on what is going wrong at PP and strong views on how to fix it !!

I'm sorry but MLoG just doesn't inspire me when I hear him address the media or make a speech ???

Not really a rumour but thinking that with some of the recent revelations that Mike Fitzpatrick might be on limited time at the AFL.

Does this potentially free him up to join with say a Tom Elliott to put together a ticket and come back to the Blues and sweep the place clean. I'm sure he'd have a fair idea on what is going wrong at PP and strong views on how to fix it !!

I'm sorry but MLoG just doesn't inspire me when I hear him address the media or make a speech ???
would like a cleanout of the board but Mike Fitzpatrick looks like damaged goodes now the way he's handled a few issues.

The way Wayne Carey has been accepted back into the football world, there's clearly no such thing as damaged goods.
Nobody wanted to go near him a few years ago. I know he's made some insane mistakes, but good on him for at least taking time to get control of a life that was spiraling out of control.

would like a cleanout of the board but Mike Fitzpatrick looks like damaged goodes now the way he's handled a few issues.

Did you spell 'goodes' that way on purpose - if so, very clever :)

Does it matter if he's seen to be damaged goods - the thread on the main board re: his 'robust' conversation with Colless seems to be going very much in Fitzy's favour and I liked the comment from Ross Stephenson this morning on 3AW in that now the Goodes debate is quietening down so Fitzy gives the media someone to go after and make a few headlines - he hasn't really done anything wrong.

Nobody wanted to go near him a few years ago. I know he's made some insane mistakes, but good on him for at least taking time to get control of a life that was spiraling out of control.

Wayne Carey seems to have owned his errors.

That is not a defence of his errors but a lot of people in his position deflect and don't take responsibility.

How has he taken responsibility? I haven't heard of any women he has apologized to for damages caused during his misogynistic reign of shitness as a footballer and beyond.

Did you spell 'goodes' that way on purpose - if so, very clever :)

Does it matter if he's seen to be damaged goods - the thread on the main board re: his 'robust' conversation with Colless seems to be going very much in Fitzy's favour and I liked the comment from Ross Stephenson this morning on 3AW in that now the Goodes debate is quietening down so Fitzy gives the media someone to go after and make a few headlines - he hasn't really done anything wrong.

I think AFL has lost its way and Mike Fitzpatrick has had a hand in it. But we totally need a credible alternative ticket even if just to keep the current board on its toes. Now MLG may or may not be the right guy to lead us forward, but there are certainly others on the board who definitely shouldn't be there. At what point are those who have directed this club these past few years, and directed us so poorly, held accountable to the members? yes we can vote against them but little point without a viable alternative.

How has he taken responsibility? I haven't heard of any women he has apologized to for damages caused during his misogynistic reign of shitness as a footballer and beyond.
His book 'The Truth Hurts' isn't a terrible read, he owns up to plenty in there.

Dog of a bloke back in his day, that's for sure.

His book 'The Truth Hurts' isn't a terrible read, he owns up to plenty in there.

Apart from all the crap in his personal life, he is one of the few i see in the media that i'll pay attention to. He appears to have no agendas against or for particular teams and seems to call a spade a spade during broadcasts. As far as football knowledge goes there are few better. I never thought i'd find myself saying this, and i agree he was/might be a horrible bloke. Hopefully he's grown up. People can change i guess.

We've been sweating on Fitzy returning to the club in some capacity because he was a true leader, a smart one, and is business savvy.

Kernahan is our longest serving skipper but there is no doubt that Fitzpatrick had an aura about him during his few years at the helm.

I'm not worried about his handling of some AFL business. It's a delicate political tightrope walk at times and you are damned in every direction no matter what you do. Club business is a lot easier as the stakeholders fewer and more aligned in the one direction. Just need to have respect, be authoritative, have corporate connections and stand up for your brand. The absolute bonus with Fitzy is that he is also a football person ... and having contacts at AFL house doesn't hurt either just quietly.

I feel when his AFL days are done he probably won't be hanging out to fill some volunteer club position though. Seems like he might be a rolling stone and find a high paying gig somewhere else in sports administration.

I would jump at the opportunity with much excitement if he was interested. Wouldn't need Tom Elliot to jump on either. You'd think Fitzy's ticket would romp it in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wish he wasnt accepted back to Friday night football where we have to listen to the verbal diarrhea that comes out of his and lingy's mouth every week. There making careers out of pointless dribble, " Sam Mitchell would struggle at any other team" or the classic go to time filler " Who won the trade Carlton or West Coast"

Having read the book and regarding his upbringing I am really surprised he did not spend a great deal of his life in jail.

Before book-despised him, after book, have to respect where he is today.

We've been sweating on Fitzy returning to the club in some capacity because he was a true leader, a smart one, and is business savvy.

Kernahan is our longest serving skipper but there is no doubt that Fitzpatrick had an aura about him during his few years at the helm.

I'm not worried about his handling of some AFL business. It's a delicate political tightrope walk at times and you are damned in every direction no matter what you do. Club business is a lot easier as the stakeholders fewer and more aligned in the one direction. Just need to have respect, be authoritative, have corporate connections and stand up for your brand. The absolute bonus with Fitzy is that he is also a football person ... and having contacts at AFL house doesn't hurt either just quietly.

I feel when his AFL days are done he probably won't be hanging out to fill some volunteer club position though. Seems like he might be a rolling stone and find a high paying gig somewhere else in sports administration.

I would jump at the opportunity with much excitement if he was interested. Wouldn't need Tom Elliot to jump on either. You'd think Fitzy's ticket would romp it in.

And he'd know all the ins and outs of rorting the AFL system without getting caught;)

Yarran to be traded to Richmond for 2nd round draft pick and a player. Not sure on the player, but rumour I heard last night. Make of it what you will. #bluemour

And he'd know all the ins and outs of rorting the AFL system without getting caught;)

Oh god. Don't even ....

Collo knew the ins and outs too.

The bigger issue as far as I am concerned is if we slacken on the vitriol aimed at * because we now have a player that may be affected by the CAS outcome...

I cannot be a part of a movement that does not wish ill on *.

Two years or GFO!

"It is the unanimous view of the CAS Appeals Board that any Essendon player who chose to leave the club before this hearing took place will be judged to have "seen the light", and as such no sanctions or penalties will apply to them. Furthermore, we are also unanimous in our decision that Mister James Hird, incumbent coach of the Essendon Football Club, is indeed a flog of the highest order."

So potentially pick 35-40 and a Richmond reject like Vickery. Hells No!

At least Vickery wouldn't play one of his two good games for the year against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back