Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
Is it the typical 'Carlton are into everyone' narrative that surfaces every year?

We're linked to 95% of 'trade targets' or FA's - swear to god.
I thought it was the other way around from what I read on here. Carlton is trading or not re-signing 95% of its list.

he an absolute star and totally the wrong player for where we are at, ie year zero of the rebuild

will not happen
Agree, it would reek of the old messiah complex we're trying to get away from.

bludrew79

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2008
Croydon
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Houston Rockets Oakland A's
Agree, it would reek of the old messiah complex we're trying to get away from.

Agree wont happen...

But I think the messiah complex, imo, should only apply to players we need to 'sell the farm' for....

Bringing in a FA costs nothing (unless you lose one the same year ex. Betts)

But if give up pick 2 + 20 + menzel for a messiah... then we have lost the plot...

Dangerfield? Now this is getting laughable. Just bring in Danger, Treloar, Carlisle, let Kreuz go. Liam Jones can play in the ruck.

She'll be right
Don't be silly, we still have Armfield for CHB.

I thought it was the other way around from what I read on here. Carlton is trading or not re-signing 95% of its list.

Well, we do need to try something different from a silly season list management perspective this year...

BluesRule

Premiership Player
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Dangerfield? Now this is getting laughable. Just bring in Danger, Treloar, Carlisle, let Kreuz go. Liam Jones can play in the ruck.

She'll be right

Anyone out of contract will love to associate themselves to us....just to jack up the price.....

Devil wears Prada....
Wow we have so much cap space on BF now. Keep Kreuzer and Yaz, lose Hendo, Judd, Warnock, Ellard and Carazzo. Plus two rookies. Get Danger(FA) Carlisle (PSD) and Treloar;) or Charlie Curnow (Hendo pick #8), plus Weitering (#2), Wilderman (#20 if not used on Treloar), Rice (#39), SOSOS (#57) and Lamb (#75 or rookie?) and here we come back into finals:rolleyes: in 2016. Perfect (dream):straining:. But what happened to the rebuild?

Simmo, Jamo, Weitering
Byrne, Carlisle, Doc
Kreuzer, Cripps, Treloar
Murphy, Gibbs, Danger
Walker, KJ, Everitt
Yaz, Cas, Menz

Bell, Graham, Curnow, Buckley (Thomas? Wood? White? Rowe?)

Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
No way we're in the race for Dangerfield. SOS is already not keen on Treloar for the money, why Danger then? Just stop even considering it, Geelong clearly have him unless the Hawks do a crazy deal for him.

The way Trigg was speaking on SEN about Treloar looks like we've put forward as much as SOS is willing to do and hoping he comes to us for the chance to wear Navy Blue. Could also find the extra money needed if Carlisle decides to go to North or Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SafeAsMilk

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
W
No way we're in the race for Dangerfield. SOS is already not keen on Treloar for the money, why Danger then? Just stop even considering it, Geelong clearly have him unless the Hawks do a crazy deal for him.

The way Trigg was speaking on SEN about Treloar looks like we've put forward as much as SOS is willing to do and hoping he comes to us for the chance to wear Navy Blue. Could also find the extra money needed if Carlisle decides to go to North or Freo.

I don't get where all the left over cap space is going to go after losing so many players on good money. I know if you don't make up the 93% or whatever it is, it's split over your current list but no way do our guys deserve a pay rise. I'd rather throw it all away on two players tbh.

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
W

I don't get where all the left over cap space is going to go after losing so many players on good money. I know if you don't make up the 93% or whatever it is, it's split over your current list but no way do our guys deserve a pay rise. I'd rather throw it all away on two players tbh.

Hopefully we're banking it for a few years until our rebuild is finished.

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
I would have through players have to agree to frontloading a contract and any contract variations. It can impact their personal position with regard to taxes etc.

I'd suggest an email to the club that we are not just looking for players that want to be at Carlton, we also won't be bent over a barrel for average picks in an average draft because a contracted player wants his new intended club to get a better deal for him. If a player wants to leave, he does his best for us or we do not facilitate an easy trade just to offload their attitude.

We might be rebuilding, we might need draft picks, but we also need respect and bending over in trade deals is not the way forward. I would rather make Yarran wait and lose him for nothing than we held to ransom by vultures.

SafeAsMilk

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Nobody is seriously suggesting Dangerfield.
Someone made a joke, and then all this.

I'm not talking about getting Dangerfield specifically. More wanting to pay for a couple of quality youngsters to come to the club. 138 points is going to look like nothing if we're throwing 1st year players into the deep end every week, even if they are top 20 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back