Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was very short lived. Richmond pulling out from recruiting Bennell. That sucks, which means all their attention will come back to Yarran.

Stupid Bennell.

Seems possible that he never wanted to go to The Tigers but just accepted the freebies on offer to come down for the weekend.

Why not?

Well aren't they suggesting Charlie Curnow will go top 5 or 6, maybe slightly higher? So yeah likely to be gone by Cat's pick...

Definite (almost definite :)) Non-Academy, top tens:

Weitering, Schache, Francis, Parish. That's all I have for now in the top ten.
Curnow, Collins, Mathieson, Clarke, Burton, Weideman? The next six?

What do others think?

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
This will be interesting. Some posters in the know have stuck their necks out re:Carlisle.
It's not just Stevens saying Blues....Barrett could be proven a fraud of the highest order if Carlisle doesn't end up at the Saints. Very curious in the outcome now...

Wouldn't be surprised...might be a good thing in that it means we didn't give in to his demand and up our offer to 5 years.

DaVillaBlues

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Aug 3, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New England Patriots, Man City
Well aren't they suggesting Charlie Curnow will go top 5 or 6, maybe slightly higher? So yeah likely to be gone by Cat's pick...

Adelaide are getting Geelong's first pick, at any rate. Reckon the Dees will pick up CC, exactly the type they need.

What do others think?
That's about what people are saying. It's perfect for us because there's such a huge difference between the top few and the rest. Our list will improve more than most other clubs by a significant amount.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton

What do others think?
The List Manager has had Francis as low as 7 & Curnow as high as 4. Weideman is the interesting one. Missed the finals due to injury & also had injury concerns during the season. I have seen him listed outside the Top 10, yet, outside of Schache, he seems to be the best KPF on offer.

The List Manager has had Francis as low as 7 & Curnow as high as 4. Weideman is the interesting one. Missed the finals due to injury & also had injury concerns during the season. I have seen him listed outside the Top 10, yet, outside of Schache, he seems to be the best KPF on offer.

I'd sooner be hearing what peoples own opinions are on the players than where they think players will go.

This time last year I was excited for Lonie, McLean, Maynard, Miller........and they were players picked up in the mid 20's and over.
Just haven't got the same vibe about this years crop.

Will be interesting to see at what point we and other teams walk away from the draft. Could be an early night.

Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
The rumour thread is saying that Carlisle, Plowman and Tomlinson all coming to us. Id like to know how we would expect to get all 3 into our club through trades?

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
The rumour thread is saying that Carlisle, Plowman and Tomlinson all coming to us. Id like to know how we would expect to get all 3 into our club through trades?

We won't. To be honest, I'm not too concerned about getting Carlisle. Plowman and Tomlinson would be incredible gets along with Weitering. Chances are we won't be so lucky though, but I said in the list mgmt thread, I'd be pretty keen on getting rid of whatever picks we get for Hendo and Yarran as well as our second pick to try and satisfy the GWS for both Plowman and Tomlinson.

Azul

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 22, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
I think we'll be a lot more passive and let the cards fall where they may on trades. Plowman plus steak-knives at pick 20 seems like the most plausible.

At worst, we'll have 6 picks inside the top 38 if Bell, Henderson and Yarran depart to use 1, 38 and 56 on Weitering, Rice and SOS jr.

This draft is supposedly a lottery after pick 15 but if 2 out of 4 turn out to be 100 game players then that's possibly a better strike rate than clogging our list with GWS discards like Sumner and Lamb.

We won't. To be honest, I'm not too concerned about getting Carlisle. Plowman and Tomlinson would be incredible gets along with Weitering. Chances are we won't be so lucky though, but I said in the list mgmt thread, I'd be pretty keen on getting rid of whatever picks we get for Hendo and Yarran as well as our second pick to try and satisfy the GWS for both Plowman and Tomlinson.

Couldn't agree with this, more...

We'll throw the net out but don't expect to get all the fish. Don't care for Carlisle even though he'd likely be the best of all our potential targets for next year but would be very happy should we somehow land Tomlinson in particular.

A Tomlinson, Plowman one/two would be great along with Weitering at our #1 selection...............and just for fun, a little catch in the PSD. :thumbsu:

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Couldn't agree with this, more...

We'll throw the net out but don't expect to get all the fish. Don't care for Carlisle even though he'd likely be the best of all our potential targets for next year but would be very happy should we somehow land Tomlinson in particular.

A Tomlinson, Plowman one/two would be great along with Weitering at our #1 selection...............and just for fun, a little catch in the PSD. :thumbsu:

Well this is why I wanted to know if next year's draft was going to be significantly better. I think Weitering will be a star based on what I've seen and heard from other recruiters.

We use pick #1 on Weitering and use the rest of the picks we have to try and land Plowman and Tomlinson. Get SOSOS as well and we should be in good stead for the future.

Next year we won't be so great either, surely we will get a few early picks, if we perform particularly bad, I think the AFL could consider giving us a PP.

Well this is why I wanted to know if next year's draft was going to be significantly better. I think Weitering will be a star based on what I've seen and heard from other recruiters.

We use pick #1 on Weitering and use the rest of the picks we have to try and land Plowman and Tomlinson. Get SOSOS as well and we should be in good stead for the future.

Next year we won't be so great either, surely we will get a few early picks, if we perform particularly bad, I think the AFL could consider giving us a PP.

You do this posting stuff O.K. :thumbsu:

No relation to the other, Blue Thunder..................are you? :)

Lennon in the PSD would be especially delish

goreds

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I think we'll be a lot more passive and let the cards fall where they may on trades. Plowman plus steak-knives at pick 20 seems like the most plausible.

At worst, we'll have 6 picks inside the top 38 if Bell, Henderson and Yarran depart to use 1, 38 and 56 on Weitering, Rice and SOS jr.

This draft is supposedly a lottery after pick 15 but if 2 out of 4 turn out to be 100 game players then that's possibly a better strike rate than clogging our list with GWS discards like Sumner and Lamb.

I'm going to use this in future, instead of my usual line, 'the draft is rubbish after pick 10'...!

Azul

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 22, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm going to use this in future, instead of my usual line, 'the draft is rubbish after pick 10'...!
Well I'm not convinced we should trade away our picks for someone else's rubbish.

But 'the experts' reckon this draft is ordinary. :rolleyes: which probably means the brave enough recruiters that do retain their picks will be gleeful in about 5 years when the 2015 draft turns out not to be as shallow as first thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back