Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armfield and White both deserve the 2 years. They had solid seasons and it would provide some stability for both guys knowing they have a future at the club. If they were in their 30's then yes I would agree that a 1 year deal would be suitable. It's not like it's a 4 year deal or anything. I'm certain they would be on close to minimum wages anyway.
Armfield played 12 games this year as a small forward. He kicked 13 goals.

White played 14 games as a defender and midfielder. He averaged around 11 possessions a game and was statistically the worst kick of any defender in the AFL.

That's not solid.

A 1 year deal, with trigger, is adequate. With a new coaching panel, Armfield and White aren't guaranteed a spot each week.

(Admittedly, the departures of Watson, Henderson and Giles probably make White's spot in the team more secure but I'd be hoping youngsters such as Byrne, Viojo and Smith are challenging Armfield for a spot next year)

Stokes Rumor has to be crap, nearly fell off my chair when I heard it. Armfield and White are fairly strong characters and offer leadership and depth. Worry a bit about White as he's been fairly injury prone but he can play a role. Armfield has been quite good in the small forward role and he just goes about it the right way. 2 years sees them to 29/30 years old so it's probably fair enough. Hope we can poach all these GWS players we're after. I think it's fairly important that we get Carlisle, he could be that big defender that we can setup around and we've seen this finals series, when you get a team defence going, the importance of a couple of good big defenders. No point bagging blokes for playing for money, it's their job, can't bag a person for wanting to make as much in their trade as they can, if he want's to play for Carlton then that's the main thing.

One year deals for Armfield and White is perfectly reasonable and good management .
The talk of these blokes being needed to guide the new wave of youngsters through is fair enough , but it makes me wonder shouldn't this type of leadership and guidance be down to the "leadership group" ?
Throw in the likes of Simpson , Thomas , Kruezer etc and really , how much leadership is enough ?
On top of that , there is of course a new coaching panel with what appears to be a stronger emphasis on development ...

I reckon Kramer is spot on, there is no urgency to give those guys longer extensions. They do give their all but do they have the talent & skills that would get them a game at Hawthorn ??

Most would disagree, but I'd actually back in armfield to get a game at the hawks. Plenty of aggression, effort, tackle pressure, good goal sense, speed, creates the play - skills are nowhere near as bad as some people make out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree re 1 year deals... maybe 1 and a trigger for 2. At the end of the day the club is not risking anything as they would know the players would sign on

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

1 year deals for mine..
Players step up all the time and we need to be able to turn players over as soon as that happens to add new players we need.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I would rather Walt White on our list than Stokes ...

Though we finally got rid of the no D/H recruiting policy :confused:

Just on rumors (or absence thereof).

As a football voyeur and with an almost insatiable need for any information on the Blues, I lament the lack of rumors coming out of the club.

As a lover of the Blues, however, I'm ecstatic that the leaks have come to a trickle. Happy to forgo my selfish needs in favor of a more professional approach. Another great sign the club is on the right path with good people. Well done SOS and co.

Now, ... what's the latest rumour?
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back