Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally get why some people are mad, but those saying he only got two games: he had a decent amount of games between AFL & VFL level and IMO he didn't develop at the rate he should have. He wasn't holding down the fort in the VFL beyond his delivery by foot, which is generally the signal that he's a worthy mature pick.

Look at how the other rookies performed and look at who we delisted from the senior list, and tell me we should keep him. It's a good call to make (though we don't actually know if it's been made just yet).

As an aside, I don't think there's a maximum number of category A's that can be kept any more, and I think interstate rookies get reimbursed for moving costs rather than a 2-year rookie contract. It's more just freeing up some space on the rookie list and moving on players that don't look like they'll make the grade.

Good luck to Tom either way; I suspect he might take his superboot overseas and try for an NFL career at some point.

Until he ****s up, I have no choice but to trust that SOS knows what he's doing
Not sure that's how trust works. :p

As I see it, we are allotting a set amount of positions on our list for roles.

Fields, like Dick is in the position of occupying the position Tomlinson and Plowman will be taking if they arrive.

Although it's sad to see players like Fields and B.Johnson go... and a travesty to see Matthew Watson go... it's actually quite refreshing to see a new level of standard at the club. It seems SOS isn't going to wait around an extra year or two in hope a player improves significantly instead opting to replace them with a new or superior prospect.

Although it's sad to see players like Fields and B.Johnson go... and a travesty to see Matthew Watson go... it's actually quite refreshing to see a new level of standard at the club. It seems SOS isn't going to wait around an extra year or two in hope a player improves significantly instead opting to replace them with a new or superior prospect.

The bottom line is that none of those players would get a game in any of the other 17 teams. We seem like we are no longer going to keep mediocre list cloggers on our list and are opening up enough list spaces to trade and draft heavily this year. I expect after this trade and draft period, the quality of the young talent on our list will look much stronger. Cripps, Tomlinson (maybe), Plowman (maybe), Lennon (maybe), Aish (maybe), Docherty, Menzel, Buckley, Weitering, SOS Jnr, Rice (maybe).. plus a few others. If we land a few of those trade targets then things are looking up.

Richmond give: pick 12
Richmond get: Yarran and Townsend

Carlton get: Tomlinson
Carlton lose: Yarran

GWS receive: pick 12
GWS lose: Townsend and Tomlinson

What about this?
One of the better trade scenarios I've seen on BF. A win/win/win.

Tigers get their top 2 targets. We get our CHF. GWS get another good first rounder in a draft.

If we are trying to win, any player on our list that woldnt develop into a player who would be a first 22 player for a top 4 team has to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have liked to have seen him get a bit more time in a side that wasn't s**t.

Unfortunately he's one of the 15 mid sized defenders we have.

I'm assuming they'd have asked Bolts for input.

Didn't Fields have a good year in the VFL? I get that he's probably in a spot that we have an abundance of, but I would have thought he'd be good for more games next year and then we could make more of an informed decision.
So it looks like he was delisted primarily so we can fulfill our list requirements for cat A rookies? Is there a chance a re-rookie him? With Warnock likely to go, you'd definitely expect Wood to get a senior spot.
Oh well, as long as the those in the know are confident that they didn't have what it takes and their plan is to upgrade the spot, I guess that's all that matters.

Didn't Fields have a good year in the VFL? I get that he's probably in a spot that we have an abundance of, but I would have thought he'd be good for more games next year and then we could make more of an informed decision.
So it looks like he was delisted primarily so we can fulfill our list requirements for cat A rookies? Is there a chance a re-rookie him? With Warnock likely to go, you'd definitely expect Wood to get a senior spot.
Oh well, as long as the those in the know are confident that they didn't have what it takes and their plan is to upgrade the spot, I guess that's all that matters.

Do we know that he was delisted?

Brisbane will deal with Carlton for Queenslander Tom Bell and have also been attracted by the Blues’ offer of ruck/forward Levi Casboult.

They would entertain trading pick 20 and maybe a later one for the pair but are not expected to entertain the Blues’ request for Sam Mayes.

- Courier Mail

Would rather keep Casboult then just get a 3rd for him. Sam Mayes would be good but looks off the table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back